Racing in a Circle season begins

Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs/Sox, & general discussion

Moderator: wab

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

the Daytona 500 kicks off the 2020 NASCAR racing season

Daytona 500 - Sunday Feb 16 - 2:30pm ET

I'm a casual watcher of NASCAR ... I find it mostly tedious so usually will only tune in for the final 15 minutes of a race if I watch at all ... same with the Indy car series

I have found a lot of interest in the E series racing ... open wheeled Indy type cars, but all electric ... fascinating from a technical aspect

"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Boris I am a little less than casual. I may tune into races at the super speedways (Daytona and Talledaga). There was enough wrecks yesterday to keep me somewhat interested, in between naps. The last 10 laps were interesting. It is almost like these professional drivers throw the shit out the window near the end.

Horrific crash by Newman. I think he kind of paid the price for attempting to block.
skamanfrank
Journeyman

I'm a biiiig motorsport fan, so do enjoy watching cars go round in circles. I've never really watched much US motorsport though unfortunately. It's not very accessible to watch over here I don't think. I would love to attend a NASCAR and indy car race one day though.

I'm a big Formula One fan, but have not yet "got into" Formula-E.
I'm absolutely not a fan of city/street circuits. For me, I enjoy watching cars at a classic/traditional race circuit- maybe it's British thing, I don't know! A lot of people call F1 boring but I enjoy the technical/technology/strategical side of it and not just the racing on the track.
I should be more invested in Formula-E seeing as the company I work for is involved with the engineering of two of the cars on the grid... one of which recently won a race!