2021 coming in with a BANG!!

Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs/Sox, & general discussion

Moderator: wab

Otis Day
Hall of Famer

My little 'burg I live in has a population of maybe 30,000. To start off the New Year there have already been 3 shootings with 2 deceased, 1 in critical condition and 3 others that had to be hospitalized. We have had 2 stabbings with both victims in critical condition as both had their femoral arteries hit.

It is like, WTF is going on here? The most recent shooting, 4-5 "kids" (17-19) attempted to break into a gun store. Fortunately the owner was working late and was packing. After the kids broke in thru the front door he opened fire. These fucking losers took their friend, who was hit (and eventually died) and dropped him off at the ER doors and left (of course).

This was at least the 3rd incident of people coming into town to attempt or rob a guns store. Maybe this will let them know, it is not an easy mark.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

While calls are down around me, major crimes are way up. The city has been coding things to not jump the numbers but shootings every night all year. Village of 15k just had a drive by, it's been crazy all over.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

2 of my ex clients have been involved in one of the shootings, one was the shooter, the other one was killed. A current client did one of the stabbings and the victim not doing well in ICU. Another ex client is wanted for Robbery, Aggravated Battery. This shit is just crazy. Maybe 2020 was not so bad after all.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

It's amazing how the frequent fliers just keep getting chances to create more destruction.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

After doing this for so long, I got a good idea who the career criminals are, who the dumbasses are and who the people are that just made a wrong decision.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Dude last few weeks the amount of shootings plus homicide has been unreal for winter. Summers clearly has more but this winter has been interesting. If it continues the crime spike will be epic.