Fighting Illini Hoops!

Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs/Sox, & general discussion

Moderator: wab

IE
Hall of Famer

Some of the folk that go way back know that IE is short for my original name illinoiseric.

Just checking in here to see if there are any other big time Illini fans enjoying the current team as much as I am. One of the most fun teams ever. I'm trending fast towards "the best and most fun Illini team ever"!

I - L - L!!

:party:
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
IE
Hall of Famer

Don't know how this duped. Please delete one.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
UOK
Site Admin

Hell of a game. Glad they pulled it out in OT. I hope they get back to the big game.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

I still think the team with Nick Anderson, Battle, Bardo and others is still the best. While I like this team (not a huge IL fan, I watch them) has been very good, they have some bad tendencies that could get taken advantage of in the tourney. For most of the year they have seemed like a one half ball club. They have not played too many total games, good one half, bad the next. I love it when the continually attack on D and O. When the attempt to slow the game down (yesterday) that is when they fall on their face. Curbelo has the chance to be a really, really good point guard. He needs to cut down the turnovers and work on his shot.

Damonte Williams. Coached a traveling team years ago, 11-12 yrs ago. It was a 5th grade team. We had to play an all star team from the Peoria area (auto loss no matter what). We had 5 kids that day. Williams was on this all star team. He was draining 3s with no problem in 5th grade. It was kind of pissy of that team. They pressed us all game, remember we had 5 kids. There was no mercy rule that day. They beat us 50-2.
UOK
Site Admin

...and they are toothless against Loyola. Illini are trash.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

IMO, Big 10 is overrated every year. They got too many teams in this year.

Secondly, this is what happens when you get to full of yourself and don't give the other team credit. Illini way outplayed today.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Thank goodness Iowa lost today. Can't stand the effin Hawkeyes for some reason. Makes Illini fans a little happier too I guess.