White Sox Opener

Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs/Sox, & general discussion

Moderator: wab

wulfy
MVP

Forgive my venting .... I have a 9 year old son who is just getting into watching baseball. He's super excited about the White Sox this year.

Yet, MLB in it's great wisdom, puts Opening Day for the White Sox at 9:05 pm on a school night!! They talk about wanting to get young fans interested in the game and then they do something jack-assey like this. Ugh.

That said, Go Go White Sox!
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Discussion in office centered on all opening day games should be in the afternoon.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

When I was 9 I had already experienced the heyday of the Super Bowl and those really good teams.

Since then, well....

If I could go back in time and tell my 9 year old self what the future holds for the Bears I just don't know if I would've stuck with them.

Hopefully your son has better luck than us. Some of the best times I had as a kid was going to baseball games. Especially when I was in early high school and we'd take the train downtown and then the L to the Cubs games. You'd never let a kid do that now.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:44 pm Discussion in office centered on all opening day games should be in the afternoon.
I completely agree with that ... I know teams don't seem to want a lot of day games, but opening day should certainly be the exception
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin