Steaks

Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs/Sox, & general discussion

Moderator: wab

Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Boris13c wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 12:54 pm I am a 100% charcoal guy ... and the wide variety of smoking chips, the way I can manipulate flavors with just the coals and the chips are amazing

I understand the time involved can make charcoal grilling inconvenient for the work week, but I just can't get into a gas grill ... if you're doing the propane thing and calling it grilling, you'd be better off pan frying on your stove inside IMO
+1 all day long on this one!
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Z Bear wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:12 pm I like to buy the whole beef tenderloin and cut my own Filet Mignon. It is weird you can buy the whole tenderloin on sale for $8 bucks a pound but a cut filet will cost $18 a pound! I rub all my steaks with my BBQ rub (brown sugar, seasoning salt, ground mustard, onion powder, cayenne and black pepper). Sear one minute a side with the grill burners all the way up, then I turn off the middle burners and cook to temperature (medium rare). I use the same rub for anything I put in the smoker too,
I've done this before as well. Especially if its for a bunch of people. Way cheaper to cut it yourself.