Call of Duty

Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs/Sox, & general discussion

Moderator: wab

The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

IDK if we have any gamers in here but whatever. I think @wab games but that might just be Madden?

Got COD Vanguard for the XBX and it was glitchy as hell. SP was freezing and sending me back to the Home Screen.

I fixed it by uninstalling the game. No I did not lose my saves. Rebooting the XBX. Reinstalling CODV. Rebooting again.

Works fine now.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

I've been going back and playing some of my older X-Box 360 games since there weren't really any new games I wanted... Red Dead Redemption is still fun so I re-started that ... also re-started Fallout 4 on the X-Box 1, which I enjoy a lot for its balance of creative options in addition to pure mayhem

I am intrigued by the new Call of Duty ads so I guess at some point I'll give that a go
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
wab
Mod

The Marshall Plan wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:33 pm IDK if we have any gamers in here but whatever. I think @wab games but that might just be Madden?

Got COD Vanguard for the XBX and it was glitchy as hell. SP was freezing and sending me back to the Home Screen.

I fixed it by uninstalling the game. No I did not lose my saves. Rebooting the XBX. Reinstalling CODV. Rebooting again.

Works fine now.
I haven’t had a chance to download COD yet. Good to know though if I have issues.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:17 pm
The Marshall Plan wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:33 pm IDK if we have any gamers in here but whatever. I think @wab games but that might just be Madden?

Works fine now.
I haven’t had a chance to download COD yet. Good to know though if I have issues.
What system do you use?

On the XBX it looks great.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s a solid game but it’s WW2….AGAIN.

I don’t think they’ll ever top Modern Warfare 2.

Last year’s game went off the rails with me with all the MKULTRA crap.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Documenting some random thoughts because it’s fun.

All of this is from Normal difficulty. I’ll go through COD a few times including Veteran.

If you’ve played one COD WW2 game then you’ve played this one. If you want the eye candy of next gen graphics I can respect that argument.

NPC AI is full on stupid. Especially your “teammates”. Sometimes it’s something out of one of those old spoof movies. Teammates standing right next to the enemy spinning in circles. Standing there. Emptying mags into the enemy and the enemy not dying.

The enemy is interesting. A bayonet charge is a 1HK. That’s really nice especially right when you’ve cleared out a whole platoon and are seemingly just a couple meters from a checkpoint.

On missions where it’s like take the hill, clear out the base, whatever, you’ll clear out an area then somebody spawns behind you or to the side. You flamethrower a pillbox and you can hear the screams. You go into the pillbox and magically like 2 guys are still alive.

When taking a base, you clear out one sector after another and then I literally two bad guys spawn right in front of me.

The ammo balancing can be brutal. Again on normal difficulty. You pickup a gun and there’s 7 bullets. Gee whiz I’ll try not to spend all of that in one place.

IDK, I guess I’m glad I bought it, but if I didn’t buy it I wouldn’t feel that I’m missing out.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:07 pm Documenting some random thoughts because it’s fun.

All of this is from Normal difficulty. I’ll go through COD a few times including Veteran.

If you’ve played one COD WW2 game then you’ve played this one. If you want the eye candy of next gen graphics I can respect that argument.

NPC AI is full on stupid. Especially your “teammates”. Sometimes it’s something out of one of those old spoof movies. Teammates standing right next to the enemy spinning in circles. Standing there. Emptying mags into the enemy and the enemy not dying.

The enemy is interesting. A bayonet charge is a 1HK. That’s really nice especially right when you’ve cleared out a whole platoon and are seemingly just a couple meters from a checkpoint.

On missions where it’s like take the hill, clear out the base, whatever, you’ll clear out an area then somebody spawns behind you or to the side. You flamethrower a pillbox and you can hear the screams. You go into the pillbox and magically like 2 guys are still alive.

When taking a base, you clear out one sector after another and then I literally two bad guys spawn right in front of me.

The ammo balancing can be brutal. Again on normal difficulty. You pickup a gun and there’s 7 bullets. Gee whiz I’ll try not to spend all of that in one place.

IDK, I guess I’m glad I bought it, but if I didn’t buy it I wouldn’t feel that I’m missing out.
well, with that endorsement, I think I will patiently wait for it to be in the bargain bin

there was another older war time game I remember playing where the NPC AI was similar to what you describe ... get all lined up to unload on the enemy and your teammate simply strolls right into your line of fire and you get blamed with a friendly fire warning ... I think it may have actually been a COD game now that I think about it
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Boris13c wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:19 pm
The Marshall Plan wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:07 pm Documenting some random thoughts because it’s fun.

well, with that endorsement, I think I will patiently wait for it to be in the bargain bin

there was another older war time game I remember playing where the NPC AI was similar to what you describe ... get all lined up to unload on the enemy and your teammate simply strolls right into your line of fire and you get blamed with a friendly fire warning ... I think it may have actually been a COD game now that I think about it
Yeah that's COD all the way.

Happened on last year's game Cold War all the time.
Xee
Site Admin

My gaming days ended after I dedicated a couple years to playing World of Warcraft intensely. It was a blast playing from beta up to when the first expansion came out but I also got burned out by the experience.

I think when my kid gets older and I have more free time I might take up gaming again, albeit much more casually. Seems like there have been a bunch of cool games that have come out in the last 10 years that would be fun to play for the first time.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Captain's Log, Stardate: 99469.47

I still haven't finished the game. Yes I'm trying.

My official verdict right now is Save Yourselves. It's too late for me.

The fucking cutscenes are brutal and they don't stop. Yes you can skip them. SOME of them.

In between one set of missions I shit you not were like five cut scenes all separated meaning you couldn't just skip them in one lump sum.

The boss fights are annoying as fuck. One of them is probably the worst I've ever played and I've been gaming since the NES. Another one is....SPOILER ALERT.... shoot down the plane with your machine gun. I just can't anymore. I fucking can't.

I already deadlifted. Met my reading quota for the day. Going grocery shopping. Doing random shit around the house. Watching Browns vs Patriots at noon. I'm not devoting anymore time to Dominic Monaghan dressed up as a Nazi.
wab
Mod

So...I've decided to hold off on COD and am planning on downloading BF2042 on Friday instead.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Just bought Civ VI Anthology.

We'll see how much attention it gets over Christmas Break...
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:00 am So...I've decided to hold off on COD and am planning on downloading BF2042 on Friday instead.
Keep me posted on that one please.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:00 am So...I've decided to hold off on COD and am planning on downloading BF2042 on Friday instead.
Yeah. Me too. Let me know.

I've got an XBX One. Looking for another good 1st person game. Battlefield V was good. I also like the Borderlands franchise. I bought COD Black Ops III and that was a fucking joke.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

I just read that 2042 is terrible, and also has no single player campaign mode. Count me out.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:05 pm
Yeah. Me too. Let me know.

I've got an XBX One. Looking for another good 1st person game. Battlefield V was good. I also like the Borderlands franchise. I bought COD Black Ops III and that was a fucking joke.
The Halo Infinite MP Beta dropped and it’s pretty good. Keep in mind that it’s a beta so there aren’t a ton of maps.

I’ve already pre-ordered the game so I can’t wait for SP.

Thanks for the tip about Battlefield. No SP royally sucks. I can’t stand the wasteland of racist, homophobic, Red Bull addicted pricks that dwell on MP.

The only game that handles those people well is Monster Hunter World.
wab
Mod

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:13 pm I just read that 2042 is terrible, and also has no single player campaign mode. Count me out.
Yep. I didn't buy it because of that.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

We need to find a good multiplayer and go all co-op in a campaign. WAB do you have an XBOX or PS4?
wab
Mod

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:09 pm We need to find a good multiplayer and go all co-op in a campaign. WAB do you have an XBOX or PS4?
XBOX-X
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

I have an XBOX One. Does Halo or COD work across the X/S and One platforms?