Life a Bitch and she is in heat

Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs/Sox, & general discussion

Moderator: wab

Rockbear99
Assistant Coach

Sorry guys for being a downer but I am so Freaking depressed I dont know what to do. I know others are have a tougher time than I am but, I just feel like the world is against me.

So far November has sucked ass. I am worried about my job. This potential General Motors buy out of Chrysler is making me shit myself. I work for a Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep dealership, and I am worried if GM buys Chrysler that GM will force my boss to sell to the GM dealer. This happened with Riggin Motors a GMC/Caddy dealer. They were family owned and GM came in and said either you buy out the Chevy/Toyota dealer or they will buy you out. The Chevy/Toyota owner owns like 7 dealerships in the US and Riggin Motors could not come up with his asking price. So now the same guys owns the Ford dealer and the Chevy dealer. He is a putz to work for. They cant keep any help and dont pay for shit. If he would happen to get Chrysler there is no way I could work for him. Hence no more wrench turning for me. There is a chance that Nissan will buy Chrysler. For me that is the best case senerio.

On Nov 3-5 the wife came with me to Chrysler training out of town. While Away we got pounded on by a storm back home. There was 3 inches of rain with 30 mph winds. Later it turned into 8 inches of snow and Ice. We live in a basement apartment and now both bedrooms have water in them. We got new windows put in 3 years ago but they have always leaked. Now all we can smell is mildew. I havent talked to the landlords yet but WE have to get out of this place. Nothing ever seems to get fixed we have had so many water leaks in this place we have had mold in the bathroom that they said was mildew. Had to go get a mold tester to prove to them it was mold. Finaly they cut a hole in the celing and found mold on that side too. We had water in the kitchen and spare bedroom. I just cant take it any more. I dont want to bring a baby into the apt with all the mold. I just wont be able to put my child and with through that.

Now I find out that my Moms house back home lost power and ended up with 2 feet of water in the basement. Now she has to get a new furnace. I just wish the house would fuc kin burn down. A god dam tree fell on it during the storm but I guess that did no damage. The house is a piece of crap. No water psi horrible plumbing and electircal. I just wish I could find a different place for mom to live. She deseves better for her life. She can barley walk and cant do physical labor any more. There are just no jobs around for her. If I could I would love to buy a house and have her move in with us.

I am just so stressed I dont what to do. I dont know why things just seem to pile up at one time. I have 1 good month and 3 bad ones. The only thing I am looking forward to is the Birth of our Baby in Feb. I just hope things level out a little.

Thanks for listening guys. I just had to get some things off my chest.
UOK
Site Admin

Life is a dizzy dance sometimes and the hardest part of it all is trying to get things done through the laziness and ugliness of other people. Perservere Rock, there's always a brighter day ahead. I wish you and your family the best.
wab
Mod

I know what you mean Rock.... Seems like sometimes we get punished for living life the "right way". Keep on keeping on my friend.
Pagan
MVP

Had to go get a mold tester to prove to them it was mold. Finaly they cut a hole in the celing and found mold on that side too. We had water in the kitchen and spare bedroom. I just cant take it any more. I dont want to bring a baby into the apt with all the mold. I just wont be able to put my child and with through that.
You really need to get on your landlord about making this right. You guys could get really sick from living in that environment. If you have to scratch up the money and talk to a lawyer, many landlords wont do anything until forced. While your apartment is being worked on you can stay at a hotel or rent a place by the month and have the land lord pick up the costs.

Like the others have said rock- keep your chin up man, things will get better. Just be ready to take advantage of an opportunity to better your situation when it comes.

I wish I lived close to you, I'd be willing to help you out with some of that work. You are WAY out of my normal service area.

Good luck, keep fighting the good fight.

pagan
Sammy007
Practice Squad

Hang in there Rock, things will eventually turn around for you.

Pagan is right, the mold issue needs to be addressed, and sooner than later. Your health depends on that, as well as you wife and child.

We may just be e-friends, but I know my thoughts and others are with you.

Stay strong my friend.
gaba
Head Coach

That mold needs to be taken care of. Don't let 'em jerk you around. Make as much noise as possible. If they won't help, start talking about it. Write you newspaper, write letters to the health department (I don't know if that's the right organization but they'd probably know who you do need to talk to). Basically make as much trouble as you can to either force them or shame them into doing the right thing. I know it sounds like kind of a dick move, but sometimes doing the right thing for your family means playing the bad guy every once in a while.
CAPTAIN MEATBALL!
Rockbear99
Assistant Coach

Its not moldy yet Going to talk to landlords tomarrow. I just hope they do something.

Thanks for listining guys i do appreciate it.
IE
Hall of Famer

Rockbear99 wrote:Its not moldy yet Going to talk to landlords tomarrow. I just hope they do something.

Thanks for listining guys i do appreciate it.
Hey Rock -

I'm sorry to hear about the misfortune on the dwelling front. I hope you get that worked out - I'm sure all that will work out.

On the auto business side, I hear you. I don't work in the auto business, but literally half of the people I know here in SE Michigan either work for the auto companies, in the supply chain, or for some business that is very dependent upon the local economy that the auto business supports. People here are very concerned. Very.

If you're looking for any advice, from me it would be this: Focus on establishing the best situation you can for the little one (because that will change your life for the better), and also start assuming that there will definitely be employmnet changes coming in the future. If you make that assumption you can be proactive about protecting yourself & family by keeping your eyes and options open for other opportunities.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
gaba
Head Coach

Rock, are you talking about the local dealer buying out the Chrysler dealership? If you're worried about the parent companies, I don't think you've got a problem. GM's in the tank. GM-Chrysler merger talks suspended Looks like they're going to be lucky to buy A Chrysler, much less the whole company.
CAPTAIN MEATBALL!
Rockbear99
Assistant Coach

gaba wrote:Rock, are you talking about the local dealer buying out the Chrysler dealership? If you're worried about the parent companies, I don't think you've got a problem. GM's in the tank. GM-Chrysler merger talks suspended Looks like they're going to be lucky to buy A Chrysler, much less the whole company.
Talks may be suspended but there is a signed deal just depending on if there is a "bail out" plan for the auto industry. This is one area iI kind of have an inside guy at the training center in Minniapolis He is a 35 year Chrysler guy and has many insiders at Detroit.
MamaBear
Player of the Month

Keeping you and your family in my prayers Rock.
Xee
Site Admin

A little advice from someone who used to have anxiety issues, don't let yourself get overwhelmed by all the "ifs". If the buyout goes through, if your boss sucks, if you quit/lose your job, etc. Those things you have no power over so it won't do you any good to worry about them now, especially since nothing has happened yet. Instead, try and focus on the things that are in your power to change, no matter how minimal they are. You'd be surprised how much better *any* progress can make you feel.
gaba
Head Coach

... and if that doesn't work...

CAPTAIN MEATBALL!