November 11 - more than just a holiday

Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs/Sox, & general discussion

Moderator: wab

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Veterans Day ... always a bit more poignant when the country is at war and members of our military are being killed and wounded while we have a holiday ... so please take a little bit of time out of your day to have a quiet moment or give a prayer to those who have served and who are now serving, facing peril every day

and let us also give some recognition to the most dedicated branch of the military ... where the members serve to detect explosives, as messengers through enemy lines, as key members of search and rescue, and many other duties as assigned ... their efforts and sacrifice should also be honored this day

"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
DaDitka
Hall of Famer

I think it's an absolute shame that or veterans and active military personal do not get more appreciation then they do.
I cannot thank these people enough.

No matter what you political view on whatever particular action they were involved in should never blind you to the amazing devotion and sacrifice they’ve shown towards this country which has given each of us so much.
Pagan
MVP

I agree with both of you.

I'm really hoping that we will finally see some REAL benefits for our veterans; past and current. These guys deserve much better than what they've gotten.
We have GOT to take care of our own.
UOK
Site Admin

Sammy007
Practice Squad

God bless our veterns.

Thank you
gaba
Head Coach

It makes me very sad that we don't make a bigger deal of this day, especially at a time when their sacrifice is so real to us all. Whether I agree with our leaders or not, I have NOTHING but respect and deep admiration for the men and women (and dogs) that are willing to give their lives to protect the freedoms we take for granted.

Even being a huge dog lover, I never really think to include them when I think of our American heroes. I spent a summer working for a cemetery that had a big memorial to police dogs (including a couple killed in action). It was a little strange, but very cool to have a big memorial in the middle of the pet cemetery. Belly rubs all around (because I don't know how to say thank you in dog).
CAPTAIN MEATBALL!