random thoughts about stuff other than da Bears

Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs/Sox, & general discussion

Moderator: wab

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

I don't know what the deal is down in Florida with this current mess ... all sounds pretty f'd up though

quite a few states have this "Stand Your Ground" law ... many people in the ststes that have the law don't know their state has the law

here is a Washington Post piece on this that is interesting and informative:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/ ... story.html

one part of the story outlines the applicable part of the law in this particular case:
Police decided to release Zimmerman without charges because of the Stand Your Ground law. The relevant part of the statute says that “a person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked . . . has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm.”

Zimmerman claimed self-defense, was given the benefit of the doubt required by law and released.
once the actual complete facts are all outlined, it will be able to be determined if the police dropped the ball and that part of the law did not apply, or the police did follow correct guidance

at issue at the moment is whether Zimmerman was actually attacked by Martin, and there are several conflicting stories on various news sources concerning this

still, I have participated in more than 1 Neighborhood Watch ... we were trained by the local police departments ... and one of the main rules was to observe and report to police when necessary ... nowhere were we told to arm up ... the exact opposite was true, as we were told we could not carry weapons ... so why Zimmerman was packing in the first place is another question needing an answer

this entire case stinks and as long as there remains all these conflicting stories, there is going to continue to be issues
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

I like to people watch while commuting ... sometimes this can end up being almost overwhelmingly erotic (thank you exhibitionists), sometimes amusing, sometimes disgusting ... this morning it was interesting

a tall attractive woman got on the train and strolled to a seat, crossed her legs and began reading ... I of course looked at her because she was very attractive ... and as my gaze took in her well shaped crossed legs, I came upon her ankle bracelet ... and it was not of the voluntary ankle bracelet type, indicating a house arrest person on her monitored way to work ... or maybe court ... which then led me to make up a story in my head about her story

and that story turned into her being an undercover spy, posing as a stripper who was arrested in a sting operation, and who is now working deep cover to get the real bad guys ... this is probably much more interesting than her real story ... or maybe not
George Carlin
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

If you choke a Smurf, what colour does it turn?

Why do they sterilize the needle for lethal injections?

Why don't they call moustaches "mouthbrows?
George Carlin
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

stopped at the store on the way home last night, and they had strawberries and blackberries they were almost giving away because they were getting mushy and almost to the point of being tossed

and while they were not the perfect fruit to serve on a fruit and cheese plate, they were simply perfect to throw into a blender with some ice and Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum ... so instead of doing anything productive when I got home, I drank rum smoothies and played video games

oh, and in case you didn't know, the 100 proof Captain Morgan is really good stuff

George Carlin
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

I found this to be actually quite a good ad

[youtube][/youtube]
George Carlin
gaba
Head Coach

Cool ad... except that guy that tackled the robber. Brave? Sure. I think I'd rather he just let me hand this guy my boss's money though.
CAPTAIN MEATBALL!
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

why are there no longer any Jello Pudding Pops?

used to love those things ... for a while, after Jello stopped making them, the Popsicle Brand put out their version, which was just as good ... but now even they have stopped

what is this communist plot against Pudding in frozen form?

and there is some secret step to making them I can't figure out, because just making pudding and freezing it doesn't turn out right

* edit : I did actually call the folks at Popsicle, who confirmed their version of the Jello Pudding Pops have been discontinued, with no information regarding any possible re-instatement.

And no, they have no intention of releasing the recipe for folks who wish to make them at home.
Last edited by Boris13c on Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
George Carlin
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

well lookee here - cooks.com has a Pudding Pops recipe, and the secret seems to be Cool Whip
HOMEMADE PUDDING POPS

1 sm. pkg. instant pudding mix
2 c. cold milk
Sm. tub Cool Whip
Popsicle molds

Combine pudding mix and milk. Beat until smooth. Add about 1 cup of Cool Whip and blend well. (The Cool Whip prevents iciness!!) Pour into molds and freeze.

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1640,14 ... 98,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
gives me something to try this weekend
George Carlin
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

so, did the recipe ... and it works ... the result is wonderful pudding pops

so let me repeat it for you:

1 package instant pudding
2 cups milk
1 cup Cool Whip

(note - the 1 cup of Cool Whip is a measuring cup full of Cool Whip, not the 8 ounce tub of Cool Whip ... because 8 ounces is the size of a small tub of Cool Whip ... and though 8 ounces does equal 1 cup of liquid, an entire tub of Cool Whip results in pudding flavored Cool Whip ... which is not bad as a treat, but not what I was looking for ... and yes, I used an entire tub of Cool Whip as the first effort, which has resulted in a nice pudding flavored tub of Cool Whip in my freezer)

whisk the pudding and milk until pudding starts to set ... add in the 1 measuring cup full of Cool Whip and blend fully with spatula ... pour into containers and place in freezer ... wait for 1 hour minimum (shorter than an hour results in pudding not adhering to popsicle stick) ... enjoy
George Carlin
UOK
Site Admin

Sorry if I've been sketchy about hopping on the boards lately. I've had a busy couple months. Job crap, dating crap, relationship (?) crap, computer crap, and over the next few weeks I've got my hands full with vacation prep and the subsequent vacation.
dadoc
MVP

UOK wrote:Sorry if I've been sketchy about hopping on the boards lately. I've had a busy couple months. Job crap, dating crap, relationship (?) crap, computer crap, and over the next few weeks I've got my hands full with vacation prep and the subsequent vacation.
Do you have "cool" cell phone pics of said dating crap? Because if you did that could be cool.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

dadoc wrote:
UOK wrote:Sorry if I've been sketchy about hopping on the boards lately. I've had a busy couple months. Job crap, dating crap, relationship (?) crap, computer crap, and over the next few weeks I've got my hands full with vacation prep and the subsequent vacation.
Do you have "cool" cell phone pics of said dating crap? Because if you did that could be cool.

I don't think he actually meant his date was taking a dump
George Carlin
dadoc
MVP

Boris13c wrote:
dadoc wrote:
I don't think he actually meant his date was taking a dump
So thats what your into? I was kinda hoping for cool topless pics all these young girls like to take with cell phones these days. But hey if thats what your into go for it.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

dadoc wrote:
Boris13c wrote:
So thats what your into? I was kinda hoping for cool topless pics all these young girls like to take with cell phones these days. But hey if thats what your into go for it.

awwwww ... widdle dildoc has twouble with the English language

and now, you have taken the extra step of turning this exchange into an "I know you are, what am I?" effort

congrats ... hope you're enjoying the summer break from middle school
George Carlin
dadoc
MVP

Boris13c wrote:
dadoc wrote: So thats what your into? I was kinda hoping for cool topless pics all these young girls like to take with cell phones these days. But hey if thats what your into go for it.

awwwww ... widdle dildoc has twouble with the English language

and now, you have taken the extra step of turning this exchange into an "I know you are, what am I?" effort

congrats ... hope you're enjoying the summer break from middle school
Don't you have enough people pointing out the dribble that you post on this board? Do you really need to add to that list? I mean your comment might hold water if I had misspelled some of the words. Perhaps you need to sit down and make up an other story in your head and entertain yourself because many of your posts do not entertain us.
UOK
Site Admin

*sigh* Boris if you're going to seriously be a jerk every goddamn time somebody has a spelling or grammatical error, I'm just gonna start deleting thread after thread. I seriously am so tired of reading it. If this site had more members I'd be more apt to tolerate that kind of shit, but it's the offseason. It's literally the worst time of the year for the forum.

If you want to be a dick and bust people's balls, do it via PM or your blog or something. Wait until the season when the full body of the forum is around. I seriously can't sift through any more posts where it's just busting DaDitka/DaDoc/whoever's balls. It's fucking July. Give it a few months.
KOP_Snake
Head Coach

UOK, you seem to have made zero spelling or grammar errors in your post. This makes it very difficult to point one out and sarcastically call you an asshole for making such an error. As such, you've taken me out of my comfort zone of doing something like that. Heretofore you suck. Good day.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

someone posts about wanting pics about "date crap" ... I try to make a joke about that request ... and now I'm an asshole?

I though having a sense of humor was one of the nice things about this place

geez louise ... everyone all tense? no one can take a joke any more? would my effort have been taken as the joke it was intended if I had used a smiley face at the end?
I don't think he actually meant his date was taking a dump ;)
fuck it

I apologize for my attempt at humor and the resultant stupid bullshit that followed
George Carlin
dadoc
MVP

Yes a smiley face makes every thing nicer.
UOK
Site Admin

Boris13c wrote:someone posts about wanting pics about "date crap" ... I try to make a joke about that request ... and now I'm an asshole?

I though having a sense of humor was one of the nice things about this place

geez louise ... everyone all tense? no one can take a joke any more? would my effort have been taken as the joke it was intended if I had used a smiley face at the end?
I don't think he actually meant his date was taking a dump ;)
fuck it

I apologize for my attempt at humor and the resultant stupid bullshit that followed
Caught me at a bad time. I'm just saying dude, if somebody misspells some shit or something just...cut them slack.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:Caught me at a bad time. I'm just saying dude, if somebody misspells some shit or something just...cut them slack.

you have me confused with someone else as I am not the spelling nazi ...

and I thought making a joke of things WAS cutting people slack?

of course that requires a sense of humor from all involved or it misses the mark
George Carlin
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Heat must be getting to people.
UOK
Site Admin

That and the offseason is unbearably long. This is the dead of Nothingness.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Plus the Hawks and Bulls aren't doing shit in FA either. I see both drifting back into averageness (new word).

Random thought/feeling, baseball is just too damn boring for me. I can't see how people can sit out in this heat and watch that shit!!!! Skipped all my nephew's games this summer, couldn't take it.
dadoc
MVP

Otis Day wrote: I can't see how people can sit out in this heat and watch that shit!!!!
Beer.
DaDitka
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote: Random thought/feeling, baseball is just too damn boring for me. I can't see how people can sit out in this heat and watch that shit!!!! .

Agreed. I have tickets to the Cards game tonight...they are giving out replica rings of the Championship Rings and I'm just going to go down, get my rings, and get right back in the car and drive home.
dadoc
MVP

DaDitka wrote:
Otis Day wrote: Random thought/feeling, baseball is just too damn boring for me. I can't see how people can sit out in this heat and watch that shit!!!! .

Agreed. I have tickets to the Cards game tonight...they are giving out replica rings of the Championship Rings and I'm just going to go down, get my rings, and get right back in the car and drive home.
Can I have one or are you just putting them on ebay
DaDitka
Hall of Famer

dadoc wrote:
DaDitka wrote:
Can I have one or are you just putting them on ebay

Nope, all are spoken for (I have to give two of them back to work for the tickets)
dadoc
MVP

DaDitka wrote:
dadoc wrote: Can I have one or are you just putting them on ebay

Nope, all are spoken for (I have to give two of them back to work for the tickets)
Dick
KOP_Snake
Head Coach

Damn this global warming. Its 77 here today. Its a heat wave.