government shutdown

Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs/Sox, & general discussion

Moderator: wab

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

I remember the last "government shutdown" ... we were told we weren't getting paid, and the finance office sent out form letters we were supposed to provide to our creditors in lieu of payments ... and "emergency personnel" were required to actually come to work, pay or no

and then we had the Three Assclowns of the Apocalypse (Gingrich, Armey and Graham) on the television lying to the American people, saying the government was shutdown, when in fact all they really shut down was access to the monuments and museums ... the people who actually did real work (unlike our political turd connoisseurs) were busy keeping the country safe in spite of the idiot political shenanigans

I'm hoping if they go this route again, our agency director has the stones to tell us to turn everything off and all go home for 24 hours ... because 24 hours of a real government shutdown would be all it would take to get the constituents of these clueless arrogant bastards to rise in revolt, as planes would not be flying, ships would not leave port, and the simple taken-for-granted weather forecasts would not be available

I dream of an alien life form coming to visit, and giving me the power to cause intense pain and suffering to any I choose ... there would be a lot of folks in congress suddenly vomiting up their intestines before turning inside out and exploding

so Friday is supposed to be the "key decision day" for our asshole elite ... let's see how they choose to f*ck this up
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin