View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Search for:
 Post subject: I Love Food
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:03 pm 
Site Admin

I do. I have a profound love for food that goes beyond the realm of human emotion, and into that of the very foundations of primitive ape-man. Food is happiness.

I am not a glutton, nor am I a skinny rail. I'm pretty lean dude. I have weaknesses: brownies, for example. A good batch of moist, piping hot brownies is absolutely poison for me. I would rob and steal for brownies. They are my drug. I love BBQ chicken, suculant meat and delicious spices. Chili, rice, waffles, french toast, stews, baked bread, spaghetti lasagna...my god, it's all just so delicious.

What I want to know from you is what is your weakness food, your most unusual custom meal, and what is your most embarrassing snack. For example:

Weakness food, obviously brownies, for reasons stated above.

Most unusual custom meal: I love to make toast w/ peanut butter, cut it into trangles/halves, and dip it into hot cocoa. The perfect winter breakfast if you ask me.

Most embarassing snack: One time I was so hungry yet so lazy I had a hot dog that had been sitting out on my desk for probably 5 hours. The bun long since petrofied was no longer an option, but the dog seemed somewhat edible. As it was cold, I used kleenex to wipe off the leftover condiments and in order to warm it up, I rolled it between my hands for about twenty minutes until it felt at least luke warm. Then using the remaining ketchup on the plate that hadn't hardened, I had a disgusting and depressing meal of a single old hotdog dipped into gross ketchup.

Post subject: Re: I Love Food
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:22 pm 
Player of the Month

I love food too! My sister calls me a skinny fat person - that is, if I looked like I deserve to look, given my habits and complete dis-interest in exercise....I would be nothing close to skinny. Food, to me, is just one of the greastest highlights in life!

Weakness: I love to go out to eat on the weekends or get carry-out/delivery. There is just nothing better than not having to make or clean up after your food, especially when the food you ate was totally perfectly yummy! However, it costs so much more money to eat out or get take out than it does to make it yourself. Lately I've been making sure I have those brekkie items available, like bacon or sausage, eggs, hashbrowns, toast or english muffins, cheese, grits and also sandwhich making goodies, like cucumbers, onions, pickles, mayo, mustard, deli meat, sliced cheese, lettuce and, most importantly day-old yummy subway making bread! If it's around we will just do that rather than eat out and what's left over gets eaten during the week here and there, trust me.

Most unusual custom meal: Take a fruit pie and make it ala mode with chocolate, rather than vanilla, ice cream. Cherry or raspberry is the best..by far! Have tried peach and strawberry, pretty good. I don't endorse apple though.

Embarassing snack: I don't know, I'm not easily embarrassed. I guess, my kids' Halloween candy?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:35 pm 
Head Coach

I love to eat and I love to cook. Sometimes I don't even have a specific meal in mind. I just throw a bunch of stuff in the pan until it starts to smell good.

Weakness... there are a few meals that I can just NOT stop eating. If I have meatloaf and mashed potatoes or biscuits and gravy, I'll eat until I make myself sick. I also can't give up spicy food (I love jalapenos and hot sausage) even though it does unpleasant and painful things to my digestive system (that's the nicest way I could think to put it).

Most unusual? My most unusual foods might seem pretty normal if you don't ask what's in it. I put all kinds of weird things in my food. For example, if my spaghetti sauce is too sweet, I might add something sour to even it up... mustard maybe. I frequently put a little cinnamon in my chili. Most of my family knows better than to ask what's in my meatballs.

It's not really unusual but it looks weird... about once a week I make green eggs and ham for my girls. We tried purple eggs and ham (purple is my oldest daughter's favorite color) but it turned out kind of pinkish-beige looking. Tasted the same but was WAY to nasty looking to eat.

Embarassing? Can't think of anything. I eat the hell out of my kids' Halloween candy. If I could resist it myself, I'd probably just throw most of it out anyway. I don't let them have candy often and I'd like to be rid of the Halloween candy soon.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:54 pm 
Hall of Famer

God me too, it's something that I actively look forward to on the weekends because I try to maintain *somewhat* of a healthy diet Monday thru Friday. I love anything and everything spicy, but my vice these days are Lamb Curry, extra spicy. I don't know if any of you are fond of indian food, but sweet Jesus I can't get enough of it. Same goes with mexican food, enchiladas, tacos, nachos. Bar food, wings, burgers. Anything with grease lol.

My weakness food, as of right now (apparently I go through shifts), it's warm blueberry pie with cold vanilla ice cream on top. God damnit I'm hungry now.

"I don't care about numbers, I care about letters" -- Matt Nagy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:08 am 
Mod

You guys sound like future Fat Club members.
It's kind of weird that only a few of my friends are overweight- but when we get together we eat and drink unhealthy amounts. Good times.

pagan

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:10 am 
Head Coach

There ain't no "FUTURE" about it. I'm a fat boy already. Have been for a long time.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:21 am 
Mod

gaba wrote:
There ain't no "FUTURE" about it. I'm a fat boy already. Have been for a long time.

Just so were clear- I really do have a group of friends that when we get together we call it a "Fat Club" weekend (or whatever event). This is a page off of the old website. Last weekend it was the Fat Club Halloween party- Next up a very special Fat Club Christmas.

It's a cool group of diverse people I've grown up with; we get together and eat, drink play video games. Go around town and cause minor disturbances (only minor now- were grown up!) Have good conversations throw the occasional party. It's nice.

pagan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:09 am 
Practice Squad

This time of year I like making a big batch of chili. I've had a receipe for years and usually add a little something new to it from time to time.
Lasagne is another favorite of mine to bake and I've wiped out a serving for 12 by myself over a Sat & Sunday. Not something I'm all that proud of but it's darn good and not cheap to make either.
Chocolate chip cookies are a real weakness of mine. I can pick up the cookie dough at the grocery store and then bake em in the oven. 4-5 hours later I've wiped out all of them.
Nothing better than a football weekend of beer, whiskey (no coke straight shots) and
good eats. Not to mention firing up the Weber and throwing on a good portehouse steak too. Oh and I love to get hammered and wipe out a large bag of M&M's !!
Come on Friday !!! 8-)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:22 am 
Head Coach

We had something similar to that in college pagan. We called it a "no pride weekend." It wasn't about eating but it did occasionally involve the odd fatty.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:18 am 
MVP

gaba wrote:
We had something similar to that in college pagan. We called it a "no pride weekend." It wasn't about eating but it did occasionally involve the odd fatty.

LOL

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next