I Love Food

Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs/Sox, & general discussion

Moderators: wab, RING4CHI, Pagan

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Re: I Love Food

Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:25 am

Otis Day wrote:
Boris13c wrote:my biggest issue with home made pizza is the crust ... so I am hopeful this crust recipe works out
I try various things often for crust. I have used the bread machine (yes I still have one and use it) which works pretty well. I have used frozen bread dough, also had success. Tried many homemade recipes and found you actually have to get the water to the temp suggested and that makes the biggest difference. Made one that included honey and it was damn good.

I also still have my bread machine and use it regularly

the pizza dough recipe that came with the bread machine recipe book sucks, but I found a couple of others I can use in the bread machine that are good ... still haven't found the great recipe yet
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin

BLOG : Emissions from the Bears Nebula
The Marshall Plan
MVP

Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:27 am

I've been making this one a lot lately and it has been outstanding.

Buy a bunch of pork shoulder steaks. Put them in a crock pot and fully submerge in water. Spice the water to your liking. I keep it simple and just use salt and black pepper. Cook on high for four hours. Drain the water. I've always wanted to use the water to make dumplings. I will need to do that one day. Then cover the pork shoulder steaks with BBQ sauce. Cook on high for one hour. Throw away the bones. Serve.

I make a protein bowl out of it, but it can be served as either the pork shoulder steak or shred it to make tacos.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:30 am

I am not a big rib guy but when one of your kids wants that as his bday supper what do you do? Well I marinated half the ribs in some pecan beer. The other half I mixed some Wild Cherry Pepsi 0 and some Pecan whiskey (I am in a pecan liquor phase I guess). I let them marinate over night. Next morning removed the liquid. Put a dry rub on all and smoked them with some apple wood chips all afternoon. They turned out pretty good. All enjoyed them. I have had indigestion ever since. Smoking is good, but my gut just doesn't react well.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:36 am

this is a pretty decadent recipe for a stuffed pork roast ... definitely not health food

I made this as my contribution to our 4th of July festivities, which many said made up for the crappy weather preventing us from seeing the fireworks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzCBR5Oa3ew" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin

BLOG : Emissions from the Bears Nebula

Return to “The BFO Lounge”