Game of Thrones

Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs/Sox, & general discussion

Moderator: wab

The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

I didn't think the finale was that great. Felt kinda run of the mill. I don't want to post anything spoilery.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

the finale could have been much worse than it was based on episodes 4 & 5 ... so I was ok with the finale but was not impressed ... this entire final season seemed rushed and schizophrenic
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
thunderspirit
Head Coach

Boris13c wrote:this entire final season seemed rushed and schizophrenic
Seconded.

The ending was okay/appropriate for some characters, with one colossal WTF moment when a particular character was acting as mouthpiece of the show writers (and inexplicably not being shut up/stabbed by a key adversary). I was not a fan.

But I am a consumer of the art, not the creator of it. So.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
wab
Mod

I wasn't terribly disappointed in the finale, or the season as a whole. I don't think the final season did the series justice, but it wrapped everything up as well as could be expected.
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Kit Harington checked into luxury rehab for stress and alcohol
“Game of Thrones” star Kit Harington secretly checked into luxury rehab for stress and alcohol use ahead of the show’s ending, which “really hit him hard,” multiple sources have exclusively confirmed to Page Six.

Exhausted Harington, 32, who played Jon Snow on the hit HBO series for eight years, has been at luxury Connecticut health retreat Privé-Swiss for nearly a month, arriving weeks before the show’s finale on May 19, Page Six has learned.

The British actor has been undergoing psychological coaching, practicing mindful meditation and cognitive behavioral therapy to combat stress and deal with negative emotions at the facility, which costs over $120,000 a month.

His actress wife, Rose Leslie, 32, whom he met on the set of “GoT” and played Jon Snow’s Wildling companion Ygritte, is being “extremely supportive,” we’re told.

A friend told Page Six of Harington, “The end of ‘GoT’ really hit Kit hard …

“He realized ‘this is it — this is the end’, it was something they had all worked so hard on for so many years. He had a moment of, what next?

“He’s in the clinic predominantly for stress and exhaustion and also alcohol.

um .... ~ sigh

call me an insensitive bastard if you want, but these high strung actor types who get all weird about acting roles coming to an end is not something I am sympathetic to ... I just have no frame of reference in order to even bother to try and understand their deal

its not like you can compare this to the stress of some average schmoe working for 8 years at a job he loves and then getting fired ... I guess there may be some similarities but just don't get it ... and the average schmoe can't afford $120,000 a month to drink herbal tea and talk about his feelings
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin