High speed internet

Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs/Sox, & general discussion

Moderator: wab

MamaBear
Player of the Month

I currently have Time Warner Cable's Road Runner. But I no longer use them for my cable and I'd like to get rid of them completely cuz I hate them but I'm addicted to the speed of Road Runner. Anybody use something else that they like? I guess it might vary from region to region, as far as what is available, I don't really know.
IE
Hall of Famer

Verizon's FIOS DSL service is good. I don't have it (isn't available yet in my town) - but know some folks who do & really like. It is supposed to be as fast as a cable modem. You can go do the Verizon web site & plug in your zip code to see if it is an option for you.

Good luck - I'd hate to give up my comcast cable modem ... it is faster than my corporate network.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
Road
Pro Bowler

I've got Charter communications and they suck as well. I'm hearing and reading rumors they're going bankrupt so it'll even get worse from here. They probably can't afford to pay their techs anymore and service will degrade even further. There's nothing else available here except DSL from AT&T and I'm not going there unless they've got fiber and I'm pretty sure they don't. The future doesn't look too bright for upgrades with this economy.
MamaBear
Player of the Month

Sigh. Thanks Eric, but I live in Bumfuck, Ohio, so of course, it's not available. :(
gaba
Head Coach

My only option is At&T and they really f*&king suck. The higher-performance option isn't even available in my neighborhood and I swear those f*&kers are slowing down my connection every evening. I know... more traffic. I thought that was cable. Besides, most of my neighbors don't have high-speed of any kind. The internet is too much like the library. Cable doesn't involve as much reading.
CAPTAIN MEATBALL!
Xee
Site Admin

MamaBear wrote:Sigh. Thanks Eric, but I live in Bumfuck, Ohio, so of course, it's not available. :(
I don't exactly know where Bumfuck is, but I know Wide Open West is available in some parts of Ohio:

http://www1.wowway.com/

I've had them for four or five years now after having comcast and have been overall pleased with their service; they even recently upgraded their speeds so I'm zipping along at 8Mbps down and 1Mbps up. I know in 2008 they were ranked second in customer service by J.D. Power and Associates, whereas Time Warner was ranked almost last (ninth out of twelve).
MamaBear
Player of the Month

Damn Xee! I got all excited....should have known that BFE, Ohio would not get WOW. :(