Moderator: wab

G08
Hall of Famer

Barack Obama. Here's to a TERRIFIC four years! :cheers:
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
Halas85
Assistant Coach

:cheers: :headbang: :applaud:
“Some say the 46 is just an eight-man front. That’s like saying Marilyn Monroe is just a girl.” -- Buddy Ryan
“It's a sick world, and I'm a happy guy.” -- Uncle Lar
G08
Hall of Famer

I'm so proud of this country right now. 40 years ago, African American people couldn't vote. Today, an African American man is voted to be the President of these United States of America.

I'm beaming :mrgreen:
Xee
Site Admin

G08 wrote:Barack Obama. Here's to a TERRIFIC four years! :cheers:
We can only hope.
gaba
Head Coach

Woo-Hoo!!! :party:

I wanna go outside and howl at the moon baby.
CAPTAIN MEATBALL!
Xee
Site Admin

It's too early to say anything about his presidency, but damn, that man can give a speech.
G08
Hall of Famer

Gave me goosebumps.
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

"Every team needs badasses." - Dan Hampton
G08
Hall of Famer

You'll have to elaborate there, imp.
RumpShaker
Practice Squad

F*#K the black thing..... I am a new man starting today. I actually had a small tear in my eye tonight. I am close to speechless.....

But for any of you that think life is going to get bette in the next 4 years are nutz. Damage has been done. Maybe, Maybe we will see something in the last year of his term. But our country has been broken. If noticabe things will change before 2 years in office I would be shocked. But thats just my opinion...

That said, after over 4years...... My voice has been heard! Minus $100....... lol
Pagan
MVP

I'm really excited for what this is going to mean for our country. But lets not get too carried away in the moment and think that everything is going to be very good, because it's not= its going to be great. Sure it's going to take time, like it's been said already theres 8 years of damage to undo.

But we should all feel free to soak this in and really try to think about how this is going to affect the country for the better. I'm watching CNN as I type this and they're showing massive amounts of people celebrating in the streets.

What a great new start.

pagan
RumpShaker
Practice Squad

Pagan wrote:I'm really excited for what this is going to mean for our country. But lets not get too carried away in the moment and think that everything is going to be very good, because it's not= its going to be great. Sure it's going to take time, like it's been said already theres 8 years of damage to undo.

But we should all feel free to soak this in and really try to think about how this is going to affect the country for the better. I'm watching CNN as I type this and they're showing massive amounts of people celebrating in the streets.

What a great new start.

pagan

Beer me!
UOK
Site Admin

This is the first time I've been proud to be an American for many years. This country took the initiative it's been waiting for for decades to elect a man that has the power to change lives for the better. God bless this country and I wish his 4 years a successful one for him, his family, and the American people he will surely serve for the better.
Beardude
Practice Squad

I voted for Barrack and am very pleased that he is our president elect.

Watching tonight I couldn't help but think of Dr King and Medgar Evers and many others who gave so much in their struggle for equality for all Americans.
How proud they must be as they were looking down from the heavens at the gathering at Grant park this evening. I could not help but also think of John and Robert Kennedy. They too gave their lives in the fight for a better America for all Americans.

Tough times lay ahead but tonight proved to me that as a nation we have moved forward in making America a better place. American children of all ethnic backgrounds can now dream of one day being president and know that it can be more than just a dream. Barrack Obama proved that with hard work and dedication becoming president can be a reality for all of them.

It was heart warming to me to see what took place this evening. History was made and I won't forget this feeling I have tonight for a long time as I watched our country elect Barrack Obama as our next president.

GOD Bless Mr Obama and please GOD watch over him and protect him and our country.
gaba
Head Coach

For the first time in a long time, I can listen to the national anthem or recite the pledge of allegiance without forcing hesitation. For a long time I've had to picture friends and family in the armed services and think of the sacrifices they're making for this country in order to feel PRIDE in either work. At the Obama rally Saturday night, during the pledge of allegiance, I finally felt pride for US. I'm not just proud of the men and women that risk their lives for our freedom (although I always will be) but now I'm proud of the American people, for seeing an opportunity and grabbing it. Our generation has been dying for our piece of history since the '80s. We protest stupid sh*t in attempt to relive the civil disobedience of the '60s. We worship a golfer as if his plight compares to an old lady on a bus in the deep south during times of deep prejudice. We desperately want to be known for something besides video games and whiny music.

Now we've got it. We're the generation that elected Barack Obama PRESIDENT. We're the generation that finally said the color of your skin doesn't matter. I know deeply ignorant and prejudiced people that voted for Barack Obama because he is the right man for the job. Even the most backwards-thinking redneck, is coming to realize that our differences are cultural at most (I'll never get rap music). Once we get past the superficial differences that have separated us for hundreds of years, we're forced to realize that we're all the same. We face the same problems, have the same worries and no matter what Sarah Palin might tell you, we live in the SAME America. For the first time in a long time, I feel that we really are ONE NATION.

Maybe I'm overly sentimental because I'm tired (still waiting on the final call for Missouri). Maybe I'm just emotional from the excitement of this evening. Maybe I'm buying into the hype. Whatever the reason though, today I am once again proud to be an American.

YAY US!!!
CAPTAIN MEATBALL!
wab
Mod

I think it's agreat day for us as a nation. I also think he better deliver on some of the stuff that mde me give him my vote...
Fumblebuck
MVP

This isn't just a win for the Dem's or even America, I believe (I'm positive) the world over is proud & excited for what occured yesterday. The American citizens echoed the people of the worlds voice and by doing so certainly restored some faith & hopefully started repairing some bridges.
Pagan
MVP

wab wrote:I think it's agreat day for us as a nation. I also think he better deliver on some of the stuff that mde me give him my vote...
I received a lot of text calls and text messages the past few weeks. Last night after watching all of the election coverage and finally turning in for the night I got one last text. I said the Following:

"We just made history. All of this happened because you gave your time, talent and passion to this campaign. All of this happened because of you. Thanks, Barack"

Even though I know it's an automated text I sent this in RE:

No problem automated Prez. Now do your part.

So, I'm right there with ya WAB.]

pagan
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Xee wrote:It's too early to say anything about his presidency, but damn, that man can give a speech.

anyone can talk a good game

hope means a lot of things to people ... can be a very personal thing

my hope is both of the presidential candidates live up to the words they spoke in their speeches ... the call for cooperation and intelligent dialogue for the good of the country and the good of us all ... we deserve nothing less

it is high time for our government to serve their people rather than whatever the hell it is they have been doing

bring it bitches

"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
makaur
Pro Bowler

The saddest part about this whole election is that a lot of people voted for Obama not because they didn't like John McCain.....it's because either they didn't like Sarah Palin, or they had nothing but that miserable pile of dog crap (aka George W. Bush) on their minds. I'm not saying that's the reason Obama won, just saying that it certainly didn't help out John McCain's chances....and I supported the guy in 2000.

None of that bothers me though. I volunteered to work on Obama's campaign during the Dem. nomination. I didn't volunteer during the General Election though. Well, I helped out a little. I did make some calls, delivered fliers door to door, and helped plant Obama/Biden signs along Virginia roads.....which conveniently disappeared while the Republican signs stayed put (hmmmm).

Just do the right thing, that's all the advice I would give him right now. He's not going to solve all of our problems or even address them all, but he's got to accomplish something over the next four years. That way, he can say he did more in one term that the moronic piece of garbage did in two.

Welcome President Barack Obama! And thank you!
gaba
Head Coach

I talked to a lot of people that felt they were voting for the "lesser of two evils." In my head, I want to argue... but a vote's a vote.
CAPTAIN MEATBALL!
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

I don't see things changing at all in the next 4 yrs. This country is too effed to be fixed or even to have general repairs in that time. He has talked a good game (as did McCain) and I don't think he can deliver on a fraction of what was promised (neither could mccain). I think this election brought out a lot of voters, but it brought out people who didn't know shit about the candidates or their message. I believe women who never voted came out to vote for McCain due to Palin. I believe a large # of African Americans came out to vote only because Barack was black. I think many people just took a simplified approach.

I didn't have confidence in either man but did use my vote for one of them. It will be a huge uphill climb and just have some big doubts about much getting done in the next 4 yrs.