Bowe Bergdahl deserter not hero

Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs/Sox, & general discussion

Moderator: wab

Bears_40
Player of the Month

I hope this happens. People died because of him.

I stand alone.

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bears_40 and 0 guests
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Bowe Bergdahl gets dishonorable discharge, avoids prison time
Fort Bragg, North Carolina (CNN)Bowe Bergdahl received a dishonorable discharge from the US Army but will avoid prison time for desertion and misbehavior before the enemy after abandoning his outpost in Afghanistan in 2009, a military judge ruled Friday.

The judge also ruled that Bergdahl's rank be reduced from sergeant to private. Additionally, he will be required to pay a $1,000 fine from his salary for the next 10 months.

"Sgt. Bergdahl has looked forward to today for a long time," Eugene Fidell, Bergdahl's civilian attorney, said at a news conference after the sentence was announced.

"As everyone knows he was a captive of the Taliban for nearly five years, and three more years have elapsed while the legal process unfolded. He has lost nearly a decade of his life."

The sentence is effective immediately, except for the dishonorable discharge, which Bergdahl is appealing, according to Fidell.
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

This is a mother fucking shame.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Fuxk this asshole. Really wish I didn't open this. The 25th has to be losing their shit right now.
wab
Mod

The whole thing is a sham and an embarrassment of political justice.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

I can't for the life of me understand why no jail time for this guy ... one article I read pointed to the harsh punishment he received as a captive as playing into the leniency ... well guess what? if he hadn't abandoned his post to be captured, he wouldn't have had harsh punishment as a prisoner ... so I don't see how in the world that can apply

everything about this entire case is just wrong ... and a lot of honorable men suffered as a result
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

So a lot of people I know from deployment have been quite about this outcome. I have been on the social media too. It's so disappointing and disgusting I can't eloquently discuss it. Combine that with I figured this would happen, I am at a loss for words.

This piece of shit broke every Soldiers general orders. I fully believe he left to join the Taliban based off talks I have had with Soldiers in his company. He surely was the catalyst for the up tick in attacks causing death and injury Soldiers. Justice was so improperly served in my opinion, I can't phantom it.