Latest Buzz Surrounding Pau Gasol, Joakim Noah and More

6x NBA Champions

Moderator: wab

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Bulls Rumors: Latest Buzz Surrounding Pau Gasol, Joakim Noah and More
After a disappointing 2015-16 season, the Chicago Bulls are likely to look very different next season.

The team already dealt former face of the franchise Derrick Rose and almost traded away Jimmy Butler on draft night before deciding against it, per David Aldridge of TNT. Now it seems as though a handful of other players are planning to leave in free agency.

Others who aren't on the market might also be looking at new homes before the start of next season, signifying a massive changing of the guard in Chicago.

It all starts with the frontcourt duo of Pau Gasol and Joakim Noah.

Noah's contract expired at the end of this season, while Gasol had a player option for next year—which he declined on Monday, per ESPN.com's Marc Stein—making both free agents on Friday.

While the Bulls have a chance to re-sign both veterans, the pair seem destined to search for greener pastures this summer. Both players are over 30 years old and likely won't want to be part of a rebuilding process that is just beginning. With plenty of interest from other teams around the league, this appears to be a good time to make a move.

K.C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune also noted the addition of center Robin Lopez—acquired in the Rose trade with the New York Knicks—was enough to push out Noah.
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
UOK
Site Admin

Getting Rose and Noah out was key. Injuries have ravaged those guys, and the Knicks are idiots for acquiring them.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Haven't been a big NBA for quite some time and now with the salaries some of these guys are getting, it is pushing me further away from the game. Noah $18 mil!!!! Gasol $15 mil. Harrison Barnes signed a huge deal, and why? The hasn't done shit.

Sports owners are just getting crazy. IMO money in most sports is just out of hand. Baseball lost me years ago with the strikes and salaries. I just can't understand it.

More and more I am enjoying high school sports over college and pro. It is pure love of the game at that level.