Bulls, Pacers grab last two spots in NBA playoffs

6x NBA Champions

Moderator: wab

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Chicago Bulls, Indiana Pacers grab last two spots in NBA playoffs
Dwyane Wade is going back to the playoffs. The Miami Heat aren't going with him.

The field for the NBA postseason is set, with Wade and the Chicago Bulls claiming one of the last two available spots on the final night of the regular season. The other went to the Indiana Pacers, who downed the Atlanta Hawks.

The Bulls and Pacers winning eliminated the Heat, who finished 41-41 after beating Washington. Miami was 11-30 in the first half of the season, then 30-11 in the second half of the season.

And Wade, in his first season with the Bulls, is going to the playoffs for the 12th time.

"Now the fun begins," Bulls coach Fred Hoiberg said.

So now the matchups are set.

Boston wrapped up the No. 1 seed with a win over Milwaukee. The Celtics are the sixth different franchise to grab the No. 1 seed in the East in the past six seasons - Chicago did in 2012, followed by Miami, Indiana, Atlanta, Cleveland and now Boston.

The Celtics will meet the Bulls in Round 1.

I think the Bulls are disjointed and out of sync most nights, so don't think they will go far in the playoffs

I will be rooting for them of course

and as we all know, once the playoffs begin, in any sport, anything can happen

"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
UOK
Site Admin

I fully anticipate them getting swept by Boston and doubling down on their White Sox-ian blindness to a rebuild, acquiring Carmelo Anthony and becoming an expensive, old, and underachieving team of losers.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:I fully anticipate them getting swept by Boston and doubling down on their White Sox-ian blindness to a rebuild, acquiring Carmelo Anthony and becoming an expensive, old, and underachieving team of losers.

a sad but possibly quite true scenario ... I'd certainly prefer they choose a different path but won't be holding my breath
George Carlin
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

so .... I am happy at this point ... don't want to jinx things by saying anything further
George Carlin
UOK
Site Admin

As a non-Bulls fan who vicariously follows them through sports talk radio & twitter, I buy nothing this team is selling. Boston, from my understanding, is the worst #1 seed in the NBA's history.
thunderspirit
Head Coach

UOK wrote:As a non-Bulls fan who vicariously follows them through sports talk radio & twitter, I buy nothing this team is selling. Boston, from my understanding, is the worst #1 seed in the NBA's history.
I dunno if they are or not, but I'm confident that Danny Ainge has thus far put together a team with more holes than the Bulls, which is quite an accomplishment.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

The 1-seed Chicago Blackhawks are down 3-0, and the 8-seed Chicago Bulls are up 2-0. Because sports.
"Every team needs badasses." - Dan Hampton
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

RING4CHI wrote:The 1-seed Chicago Blackhawks are down 3-0, and the 8-seed Chicago Bulls are up 2-0. Because sports.

no worries ... the Bulls ended up playing down to expectations :(
George Carlin