Predators advance to first Stanley Cup Final

6x Stanley Cup Champions

Moderator: wab

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

NHL playoffs 2017: Predators advance to first Stanley Cup Final
It took 18 years but the Predators have finally advanced to the NHL's biggest stage: the Stanley Cup Final.

Nashville clinched a series victory in the Western Conference finals with a 6-3 win in Game 6 over Anaheim. Fittingly, the Preds did it at home in Bridgestone Arena in front of a raucous crowd.

After a nearly heroic comeback attempt by the Ducks, who scored twice to tie the game 3-3 in the third period, Nashville scored the game's final three goals to secure the win. Anaheim pulled goalie Jonathan Bernier twice in the game's waning minutes to put an extra skater on the ice, but both times the Predators made the Ducks pay with an empty-net goal.

Nashville center Colton Sissons was the surprise hero of Game 6 with a hat trick, and left winger Austin Watson added a pair of goals. The Predators were efficient on offense, scoring six goals on 18 shots, and played mostly stifling defense on the other end of the ice.

Pekka Rinne was generally outstanding in net for the Predators, saving 38 of the 41 shots he faced.

The Predators will face the Penguins or the Senators in the Stanley Cup Final, which will begin May 29. Pittsburgh leads Ottawa in the Eastern Conference finals three games to two. Game 6 is Tuesday in Ottawa.

I said I would root for these guys after they kicked the crap out of the Blackhawks, and they have done well, even after losing a key player to injury a couple games ago

I'm kind of hoping Ottowa gets their shit together to take out Pittsburgh but things aren't looking good
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Ottawa v Preds would be a helluva final. If I could be guaranteed the Preds would kick the Pens ass in 4 I would go for that though. Preds built for the playoffs and have been pounding the shit out of everyone. Anti-Pred fans bitching about the refs of course, saying they are getting away with everything.

Preds v Ottawa, I may have to root for the Sens.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Predators take Game 4 win over Penguins to even Stanley Cup Final
Stat of the Night

For the Predators, there's no place like home. Nashville now has a 9-1 record this postseason when playing at Bridgestone Arena. In those games, they've outscored their guests 34-15.
Quotable

“I could be sitting on the floor and I'd take it. I'm just happy to be here.”

—Frederick Gaudreau, who owns three goals in the Cup Final, but not a stall in the Predators' dressing room.
Three Stars

3. Filip Forsberg (NSH) Forsberg's goal in Game 4 was his ninth of the playoffs, bringing him into a three-way tie with Pittsburgh's Evgeni Malkin and Anaheim's Jakob Silfverberg for second in goal scoring this postseason.

2. Frederick Gaudreau (NSH) Gaudreau's goal Monday was his second game-winner in as many games for the Predators.

1. Pekka Rinne (NSH) Rinne followed up Saturday's strong performance with another stellar outing Monday. He's now stopped 50 of the last 52 shots Pittsburgh's sent his way compared to just 28 of 36 during the first two games of the series.

Rinne played out of his mind in Game 4

https://www.google.com/search?q=predatr ... Xji|vlgJon|" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hope Nashville can ride that momentum and take Game 5 in Pittsburgh
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin