Butler traded to Minnesota Timberwolves

6x NBA Champions

Moderator: wab

UOK
Site Admin

@KCJHoop
The Bulls are getting Zach LaVine, Kris Dunn and the 7th pick, per sources. Bulls keep 16th pick.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Bulls screw themselves over again. I know it is a tear down, rebuild, but damn, get some shit in return!!!! Pax and Gar need to get launched. This coming from a Celtics fan.
UOK
Site Admin

I don't even give a shit about the Bulls, but I always enjoy watching Reinsdorf-owned teams do this shit. Like GarPax are a terrible, terrible combo and the Bulls for many years now have established themselves as a miserable franchise to play for.

This team needs a Blackhawks/Cubs renaissance from fresh ownership.

Check this out - so the Bulls traded their 2nd round pick, a great value player in Oregon's Jordan Bell, to the Warriors for, and get this, CASH. For $3.5 million.

If you think that's bananas, one of the rumors for why they did this move? So that the White Sox could use the money to sign prospects.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:I don't even give a shit about the Bulls, but I always enjoy watching Reinsdorf-owned teams do this shit. Like GarPax are a terrible, terrible combo and the Bulls for many years now have established themselves as a miserable franchise to play for.

exactly ... everyone is bitching about the McCaskey's and the Bears but Reinsdorf is busily owning and fucking over 2 teams ... but like the McCaskey clan, I doubt he will be selling in my lifetime

UOK wrote:Check this out - so the Bulls traded their 2nd round pick, a great value player in Oregon's Jordan Bell, to the Warriors for, and get this, CASH. For $3.5 million.

If you think that's bananas, one of the rumors for why they did this move? So that the White Sox could use the money to sign prospects.
Isn't there some rule against this type of action? Deals for one franchise to financially help another? It shouldn't matter that Reinsdorf owns both, he shouldn't be able to rob one of his teams to pay for something on another.
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:I don't even give a shit about the Bulls, but I always enjoy watching Reinsdorf-owned teams do this shit. Like GarPax are a terrible, terrible combo and the Bulls for many years now have established themselves as a miserable franchise to play for.

Check this out - so the Bulls traded their 2nd round pick, a great value player in Oregon's Jordan Bell, to the Warriors for, and get this, CASH. For $3.5 million.

yeah but imagine how happy jordan bell is
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

2 days later i still cant get over what an amazing 1-2 punch these moves were. trading away your franchise player is a clear message that you're going to be completely rebuilding the team. and then turning around and trading your second rounder for a bag of cash is such a big fuck you that i almost respect it.

these are moves that clearly state: "how much completely shitty stuff can we do and still get our idiot fans to buy tickets?"

i dont even care about basketball, and i'm riled up.