Introduce Yourself!

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

botfly10
Player of the Month

UOK wrote:CCS has provided basically nothing of value to these boards, so while I sincerely hope you are an exception, the rule has been CCS castoffs/refugees typically get banned within a month of starting here.

Thanks for the warm welcome?

I mean, maybe I turn out to be a jerk and get banned, but dang. Maybe give a guy a chance? As far as I can tell, only one person in here is provoking drama...
Mister.magoo
Rookie

Hi

I am a prophet. I am sorry.

-Magoo
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Welcome former KFFL guys! Glad you found us! :welcome:

BBF... You've always needed to post more. :-P
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
UOK
Site Admin

Heya McGoo. I've seen your stuff around, so happy to have you here.
CaliBear76
Rookie

Name: Tony B.
Bears fan since: 1985
Fave food: burgers
Fave drink: Hoegaarden
Misc: Born and raised in LA. Love all sports. My teams are - LA Lakers, LA Dodgers, SC Trojans, Pittsburgh Penguins, and of course DA BEARS. Football is my favorite sport by far and football season is my most favorite time of the year.
(I'm the one on the far left in my avatar)
PC Load Letter
Practice Squad

Hey everyone,

Originally from KFFL under the same username (and avatar) from about 2002, I'd guess. Even had a team in the MOTM fantasy league a few years (The Little Jerry Angelos). When KFFL went down I went over to reddit for Bears news, talk, etc. Some of it's good, some of it is crap. Not that I don't mind a good meme or two, but sometimes you want a good conversation or debate as well.

For the the hell of it I Googled some of the usernames I remembered from KFFL and stumbled upon this place. Not that I really envision anyone will remember me. I was more of a lurker, only chimed in on occasion, and usually when I had a different opinion than the group. Not much of a "me too!" type of poster (and probably had a few fights a long the way), but all in good fun and for the love of our Bears.

PS. what's the language police like around here?

Name: Dave
Bears fan since: 1980s
Fave food: whole hog BBQ
Misc: brew beer when I have the time
docc
Head Coach

Welcome aboard PC and Cali...

..have a great fucking time here.. Just watch the language..
Lot's of good folks info..discussions,,
But we do have standards n shit...
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

PC Load Letter wrote:Hey everyone,

Originally from KFFL under the same username (and avatar) from about 2002, I'd guess. Even had a team in the MOTM fantasy league a few years (The Little Jerry Angelos). When KFFL went down I went over to reddit for Bears news, talk, etc. Some of it's good, some of it is crap. Not that I don't mind a good meme or two, but sometimes you want a good conversation or debate as well.

For the the hell of it I Googled some of the usernames I remembered from KFFL and stumbled upon this place. Not that I really envision anyone will remember me. I was more of a lurker, only chimed in on occasion, and usually when I had a different opinion than the group. Not much of a "me too!" type of poster (and probably had a few fights a long the way), but all in good fun and for the love of our Bears.

There really isn't a "language police" here. But other than that, they're kind of like I was as far as frowning on namecalling and trolling.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
thunderspirit
Head Coach

PCLL in da howse!
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
The Kaiser
Pro Bowler

PC Load Letter wrote:Hey everyone,

Hey PC.. good to hear from you. I also just joined the forum after going through last year without one. Most of the old folks are around too.
PC Load Letter
Practice Squad

The Kaiser wrote: Hey PC.. good to hear from you. I also just joined the forum after going through last year without one. Most of the old folks are around too.
Good to see you're here!
PlumBear
Rookie

I'm not much of one for introductions, or talking in general. Hell I don't even like people.
So with that in mind, Fuck The Packers.
Hmph, this isn't going well already, let me start over.
Hi all, looking forward to great, lite, deep, hard..... damn still not going well.
Well, you get the gist of it. Go Bears!

Name: Eric
Bear fan since: 1976
UOK
Site Admin

PlumBear wrote:I'm not much of one for introductions, or talking in general. Hell I don't even like people.
Hmph, this isn't going well already
I think that's actually a fantastic start!
wab
Mod

PlumBear wrote:I'm not much of one for introductions, or talking in general. Hell I don't even like people.
Hi all, looking forward to great, lite, deep, hard..... damn still not going well.

Wut... I lived in Blo No for 13 years.
UOK
Site Admin

I've had precisely ... zero good experiences in Bloomington-Normal. Everyone I've dated from there has ended up being either shitty or a headcase. That said, Anju Above is fantastic.
wab
Mod

UOK wrote:I've had precisely ... zero good experiences in Bloomington-Normal. Everyone I've dated from there has ended up being either shitty or a headcase. That said, Anju Above is fantastic.
Aside from a few decent restaurants and the birth of my children, exactly nothing good has come from that goddamn place. It was my own personal hell.
Wounded Bear
MVP

The universe is under no obligation to make any sense to you...
Neil deGrasse Tyson
G08
Hall of Famer

UOK bro isn't that college town the highest rated std to student ratio in America?
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
UOK
Site Admin

G08 wrote:UOK bro isn't that college town the highest rated std to student ratio in America?
Beats me. I've never been with a student there.
Vick Ashley
Rookie

Good afternoon and a very happy and exciting "Packer-Day" to all fellow bears fans online in this forum who I am introducing myself to in this first introductory post:

Name: Vick
Bears fan since: 2004
Occupation(s): student and delivery driver/uber driver/left driver/crypto-currency trader

I am joining this site as I am not having the best user experience on the forums of "chicitysports" due to too many trolling behaviors, unfriendly and unwelcoming personalities, unproductive conversations and uncaring moderators. I have been there for several months and am thinking i am now of the mind to make a decision to move on from there, and after viewing the conversations here I believe this is a better fit. I do weekly post-game reviews of games usually the day after I view them at least twice, and occasionally offer my opinions and perspectives in other threads as well as fantasy football incites, too. Looking forward to becoming an active participant in this community. Bear-down!
UOK
Site Admin

Vick Ashley wrote:Good afternoon and a very happy and exciting "Packer-Day" to all fellow bears fans online in this forum who I am introducing myself to in this first introductory post:

Occupation(s): student and delivery driver/uber driver/left driver/crypto-currency trader

I am joining this site as I am not having the best user experience on the forums of "chicitysports" due to too many trolling behaviors, unfriendly and unwelcoming personalities, unproductive conversations and uncaring moderators. I have been there for several months and am thinking i am now of the mind to make a decision to move on from there, and after viewing the conversations here I believe this is a better fit. I do weekly post-game reviews of games usually the day after I view them at least twice, and occasionally offer my opinions and perspectives in other threads as well as fantasy football incites, too. Looking forward to becoming an active participant in this community. Bear-down!
Welcome aboard! I have family in Oak Lawn. I'm craving some Palermo's as I type this.
leomaz
Rookie

I’m happy to find a Bears message board. Came over from sportshoopla where if you didn’t agree 100 % with the mods, they came up with an excuse to ban you. First they said I had the alt “fiero” and then they said I had the alt “LoC” not sure why but in all my years at CBS and ESPN, I have always been leomaz

Name: Jimmie
Bear fan since: 1964
Go Bears

Does Anybody Remember Laughter?
Adipost
MVP

Vick Ashley wrote:Good afternoon and a very happy and exciting "Packer-Day" to all fellow bears fans online in this forum who I am introducing myself to in this first introductory post:

LMAO!
YOGABBA
Rookie

Good afternoon boys! Great to speak to you as our future began yesterday. Too bad Mitch couldn't pull it out, but I foresee a lot of victories coming his way!

Name: YOGABBA
Bears Fan Since: 1983

Can't wait to discuss the BEARS!!!
Last edited by YOGABBA on Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wab
Mod

YOGABBA wrote:Good afternoon boys! Great to speak to you as our future began yesterday. Too bad Mitch couldn't pull it out, but I foresee a lot of victories coming his way!

Bears Fan Since: 1975

G08
Hall of Famer

YOGABBA wrote:Good afternoon boys! Great to speak to you as our future began yesterday. Too bad Mitch couldn't pull it out, but I foresee a lot of victories coming his way!

You didn't list your occupation
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
YOGABBA
Rookie

G08 wrote:

Sorry. I updated my post.
wab
Mod

YOGABBA wrote:
G08 wrote:

You either have the worst timing ever, or you are the guy we banned less than 5 minutes before you joined (and not very smart).

Time will tell.
YOGABBA
Rookie

wab wrote:
YOGABBA wrote:
G08 wrote:

You either have the worst timing ever, or you are the guy we banned less than 5 minutes before you joined (and not very smart).

Time will tell.
People from Tinley Park are quite shifty, or so I've heard.
Teddy KGB
Pro Bowler

Adipost wrote:

LMAO!
Well, he is right about CCS being not much more than a giant circle jerk troll fest.

Then again, when you have one guy who's got 5 billion alts and a mod account, doesn't really mean much will change there either :p