Every single pass completed by Tru against the Pack

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

PapaDongo
Practice Squad

[video][/video]

Tru looks good in this vid. Sorry don't have the 14 incompletions here. Looking for those and will post when I find it.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

god damn grasu was on skates the entire game. trubs rarely could completely step into his throws because the pocket was always collapsing in front of him. grasu probably should have been called for holding on the wide open throw to inman. (1:00).

i would actually love to see all his misses now, and see how the collapsing pocket is hurting his mechanics.

also, i'm smitten with inman. it stood out in his chargers highlights and we saw it today: dude's a natural hands catcher.
PapaDongo
Practice Squad

RustyTrubisky wrote:god damn grasu was on skates the entire game. trubs rarely could completely step into his throws because the pocket was always collapsing in front of him. grasu probably should have been called for holding on the wide open throw to inman. (1:00).

i would actually love to see all his misses now, and see how the collapsing pocket is hurting his mechanics.

also, i'm smitten with inman. it stood out in his chargers highlights and we saw it today: dude's a natural hands catcher.
Totally agree about Inman, my dude. Hope Tru can develop with guys like him and more around him, gotta get accurate and hit guys like that on the move. Tru made him the leader in receptions in just one game.
G08
Hall of Famer

RustyTrubisky wrote:god damn grasu was on skates the entire game. trubs rarely could completely step into his throws because the pocket was always collapsing in front of him. grasu probably should have been called for holding on the wide open throw to inman. (1:00).

Except for that huge 4th quarter drop that hit him in the mitts :angry:

I've tried sticking up for Grasu but fuck it, that dude can't anchor for shit.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:
Except for that huge 4th quarter drop that hit him in the mitts :angry:
i'm giving him a pass. it was a full game in the cold rain, and he's been in jacksonville/san diego since he entered the league. I saw too much that i liked to let that dampen my spirits. :)
46Blitz
Assistant Coach

This guy can make all the throws. So far in his short career I have seen him throw strikes on every single route on the tree. Slants, Digs, Fly, Corner, flag, and most importantly short and deep outs. All the worrying about this guy is silly, next season the game will slow down for him. He obviously has the talent. It's just a matter of time before he really gets going (next year).
Teddy KGB
Pro Bowler

Inman is a pro receiver. Can't tell much more about him until we get more weapons around and a better line in front of Trubisky.

But the people who think Trubisky is a bust are seriously fucking stupid - like "make people with lobotomies look like members of Mensa" stupid.

Much of what's wrong with Mitch all comes down to coaching. Mechanics breaking down, drilling into the kid to take a sack, etc.

Fox is fired at the end of the season, and so long as they get a real coach for Mitch, he's going to grow by leaps and bounds. That accuracy will become more consistent, and the playbook will be open.
DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

Not sure who thinks Trubisky is a bust. But let them think that way. Can't truly judge any QB's in their rookie seasons either way. Trubisky has displayed the talent as to why he was taken with the 2nd overall pick. He's also shown us why people were skeptical because of his lack of experience in college. I think with time and the right coaching staff and some weapons to help him on the outside, he can be one of the elite QB's in the game.
Never Die Easy
PapaDongo
Practice Squad

Teddy KGB wrote:Inman is a pro receiver. Can't tell much more about him until we get more weapons around and a better line in front of Trubisky.

But the people who think Trubisky is a bust are seriously fucking stupid - like "make people with lobotomies look like members of Mensa" stupid.

Much of what's wrong with Mitch all comes down to coaching. Mechanics breaking down, drilling into the kid to take a sack, etc.

Fox is fired at the end of the season, and so long as they get a real coach for Mitch, he's going to grow by leaps and bounds. That accuracy will become more consistent, and the playbook will be open.
Are you the same Teddy Kgb that posts on chicitysports or is this some sort of joke account?
BearDen
Journeyman

PapaDongo wrote:
Teddy KGB wrote:Inman is a pro receiver. Can't tell much more about him until we get more weapons around and a better line in front of Trubisky.

Are you the same Teddy Kgb that posts on chicitysports or is this some sort of joke account?
I bet it's that guy Novak that made all those alts over there before getting banned
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

When we traded for Inman, that was the first thing I noticed. He catches with his hands as well as anyone I've seen. Very, very fluid as well.
wab
Mod

I'm still not sure why everyone is so upset about Trubisky taking sacks when there's nothing there. Especially after we just ran a guy out of town who did a lot of what you guys are suggesting Trubisky do.

Bears have 10yr vet who is an athletic gunslinger with huge arm that tries to make something out of nothing, with solid talent around him, which still works against him more often than not. Bears fans hate him for it and chastise coaches for not telling him to be more careful with the ball. Bears ultimately run him out of town.

Bears have rookie that has started like 16 games since high school who is an athletic gunslinger with huge arm that tries to protect the ball rather than make something out of nothing, with less than adequate talent around him. Bears fans don't hate him for it because he's not the other guy, but chastise coaches for apparently turning him into a pussy.

#Bearsfans
G08
Hall of Famer

The Josh Bellamy play rings true in my head, I'm of the opinion if he wasn't coached to eat it unless the play was wide open, he would have completed that pass.

And for the record, I loved Jay Cutler :)

Hematite
Player of the Month

I watched most of Brian Hoyers highlights last year when we were moving the ball easily between the 20's (trying to see the difference in playcalling, etc.) and I will say this; the offensive line has pass blocked horribly this year compared to last. The pocket or what you would call one, has been collapsing like a lawn chair with a fat guy sitting in it all season. It needs to be fixed.
Hematite
Player of the Month

wab wrote:I'm still not sure why everyone is so upset about Trubisky taking sacks when there's nothing there. Especially after we just ran a guy out of town who did a lot of what you guys are suggesting Trubisky do.

Bears have 10yr vet who is an athletic gunslinger with huge arm that tries to make something out of nothing, with solid talent around him, which still works against him more often than not. Bears fans hate him for it and chastise coaches for not telling him to be more careful with the ball. Bears ultimately run him out of town.

Bears have rookie that has started like 16 games since high school who is an athletic gunslinger with huge arm that tries to protect the ball rather than make something out of nothing, with less than adequate talent around him. Bears fans don't hate him for it because he's not the other guy, but chastise coaches for apparently turning him into a pussy.

#Bearsfans
I agree to a point. But Cutler literally could not hit the broadside of a barn. He had a big arm, but very little in accuracy. YAC stats for receivers seemed nil because of this. On the other hand, for me at least, I believe Trubisky has far better ball placement which gives some leeway. Accuracy and pin point placement is what makes Brees and Rodgers far better than most. Hopefully, Trubisky can use this supposed accuracy that Pace talked about someday to be a star as well.
PapaDongo
Practice Squad

wab wrote:I'm still not sure why everyone is so upset about Trubisky taking sacks when there's nothing there. Especially after we just ran a guy out of town who did a lot of what you guys are suggesting Trubisky do.

#Bearsfans
Honestly I'd rather see him slang it around and risk the INT instead of taking a sack on purpose or maybe just throw it away like he did before he started taking the sacks 3 games ago, taking sacks like he does is for cucks. I think the coaches are turning him into a puss with that CHIT, it definitely wasn't his style of play in his short career as a college starter. Let him have the bad games as a rook so he can develop into a star, what good is watching the tape on Mondays and getting slapped on the ass by your coaches for not fumbling while you go to the ground?
G08
Hall of Famer

Hematite wrote:

#Bearsfans
I agree to a point. But Cutler literally could not hit the broadside of a barn. He had a big arm, but very little in accuracy. YAC stats for receivers seemed nil because of this. On the other hand, for me at least, I believe Trubisky has far better ball placement which gives some leeway. Accuracy and pin point placement is what makes Brees and Rodgers far better than most. Hopefully, Trubisky can use this supposed accuracy that Pace talked about someday to be a star as well.
Figuratively; I've seen him drop 40 yard back shoulder dimes so that statement is patently false. A career 62.1% completion percentage discredits it as well.

Hematite
Player of the Month

G08 wrote:
Hematite wrote:

#Bearsfans

Figuratively; I've seen him drop 40 yard back shoulder dimes so that statement is patently false. A career 62.1% completion percentage discredits it as well.
OK, I can agree with that to a point as well. But his lack of consistent mechanics, cloudy judgement and total trust in his arm put this team in a lot of bad situations as seen by his TD/INT ratio which is second worst of all active QB's in the league with at least 1500 pass attempts. I've never thought of Cutler as an accurate passer compared to the likes of Rodgers and Brees. Maybe I'm wrong.
wab
Mod

PapaDongo wrote:

#Bearsfans
Honestly I'd rather see him slang it around and risk the INT instead of taking a sack on purpose or maybe just throw it away like he did before he started taking the sacks 3 games ago, taking sacks like he does is for cucks. I think the coaches are turning him into a puss with that CHIT, it definitely wasn't his style of play in his short career as a college starter. Let him have the bad games as a rook so he can develop into a star, what good is watching the tape on Mondays and getting slapped on the ass by your coaches for not fumbling while you go to the ground?
Yeah. Protecting the ball rather than throwing it into coverage because you don't have a WR that can separate is totally for "cucks".

Protect the ball, don't develop bad habits, learn the game, get better. Sounds super stupid.
wab
Mod

G08 wrote:The Josh Bellamy play rings true in my head, I'm of the opinion if he wasn't coached to eat it unless the play was wide open, he would have completed that pass.

So did I. Pretty sure we were the only ones. But the easiest way to turn everyone against you and shake your confidence as a rookie QB is to sling the ball all over the field with no weapons and throw a shit ton of picks. Aside from the predictability of the offense, I have zero problems with how Trubisky is being handled.
G08
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:
G08 wrote:The Josh Bellamy play rings true in my head, I'm of the opinion if he wasn't coached to eat it unless the play was wide open, he would have completed that pass.

So did I. Pretty sure we were the only ones. But the easiest way to turn everyone against you and shake your confidence as a rookie QB is to sling the ball all over the field with no weapons and throw a shit ton of picks. Aside from the predictability of the offense, I have zero problems with how Trubisky is being handled.
I understand protecting the football, but I hate that they are legislating his playmaking out of him. That was one of the invaluable traits I saw in him.

wab
Mod

G08 wrote:
wab wrote:

I understand protecting the football, but I hate that they are legislating his playmaking out of him. That was one of the invaluable traits I saw in him.
I don't think you can definitively say that it's being coached out of him. I think he's doing what he's told, which shows me something. I don't think you can coach playmaking out of a QB. And if you can, he had no business being the #2 pick. Plus he's mentioned opening up the offense in nearly every post game press conference.
G08
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:
G08 wrote:
wab wrote:

I don't think you can definitively say that it's being coached out of him. I think he's doing what he's told, which shows me something. I don't think you can coach playmaking out of a QB. And if you can, he had no business being the #2 pick. Plus he's mentioned opening up the offense in nearly every post game press conference.
Best example I can think of is look at his FSU game and Stanford games last season in college. His eyes were up, he was maneuvering inside the pocket, he was making throws on the run, etc.

Here? He panics, he's holding onto the ball (which he said was a coaching point to him) and really if someone isn't wide open he's not letting it rip (Josh Bellamy off that boot action, no excuse to not throw that ball yet the kid paused. I HATED seeing that). He's consistently inaccurate at times each game and I will have to go and do a side-by-side comparison but I think his mechanics have gotten worse (upper body, looks like he's winding up which is slowing down his release. lower body he's locking his front leg and he's losing velocity on his throws). Small examples but I just don't like the way this is heading based on his 5 games thus far.

I'm not saying he needs to be rookie-year Russel Wilson... but shit man, this is a strength of the kid. Let him make some plays off script.

Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Great observation about Grasu. I've felt that way about him without watching the tape. But this confirms.

Inman is interesting as he's been compared to Meredith. But Inman seems thinner to me and may be a slightly better cutter, although Meredith is certainly a pretty good route guy. A lot to like there.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Wounded Bear
MVP

Yeah, we need to explore other alternatives and move on from Grasu even as a backup.
The universe is under no obligation to make any sense to you...
Neil deGrasse Tyson
46Blitz
Assistant Coach

Wounded Bear wrote:

Yeah, we need to explore other alternatives and move on from Grasu even as a backup.
But if a Stud Center was sitting there in the middle of the first round it would be retarded to pick him. Because neither he or Whitehair could bump out to guard when Long or Sitton go down to injury next year. Lol
BR0D1E86
MVP

wab wrote:
PapaDongo wrote:

#Bearsfans
Yeah. Protecting the ball rather than throwing it into coverage because you don't have a WR that can separate is totally for "cucks".

Protect the ball, don't develop bad habits, learn the game, get better. Sounds super stupid.
I'm all for protecting the ball over interceptions. Those will happen, but no need to just shrug them off.

I would prefer, though, if they were encouraging him to throw the ball away rather than take sacks.
PapaDongo
Practice Squad

Doesn't anyone think that by now Tru has "protecting the ball" down pat? I mean, there's literally just two ways to do it, throw it away or take a sack. Might as well let him air it out from here on out if we want to see why they selected him #2 overall. I believe and want to think Tru is a guy who you win because of throwing and commanding an offense, not because he can really take a sack with the best of them, or just hand that off. Those game manager types don't win Superbowls without great defense and luck. Coaching the gunslinger out of Tru could be the worst thing for him.
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

#Bearsfans
Wow, that is a harsh slant on how some of us feel, and a totally apologetic view of Cutler.

First, there is a happy balance between the two extremes you describe and until Trubusky pushes the limits he will never know where that threshold is. It's his rookie year, I want him to learn at the expense of conservatism. This last game he was throwing a bit more and he looked good. But it seemed like Watson was given a play and given the OK to improvise if needed...on many plays.

Second, Cutler had 3 bad faults.
-He rarely threw his WR open. He had to see him open first.
-He believed that his arm could compensate for defenders having position
-He made reads slow and held the ball too long even when he had protection.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
wab
Mod

Atkins&Rebel wrote:

#Bearsfans
Wow, that is a harsh slant on how some of us feel, and a totally apologetic view of Cutler.

First, there is a happy balance between the two extremes you describe and until Trubusky pushes the limits he will never know where that threshold is. It's his rookie year, I want him to learn at the expense of conservatism. This last game he was throwing a bit more and he looked good. But it seemed like Watson was given a play and given the OK to improvise if needed...on many plays.

Second, Cutler had 3 bad faults.
-He rarely threw his WR open. He had to see him open first.
-He believed that his arm could compensate for defenders having position
-He made reads slow and held the ball too long even when he had protection.
Way to miss the point. Philosophically people are wanting Trubisky to do almost EXACTLY what they didn't want Cutler to do. Air it out and see what happens. Let it rip. Interceptions be damned.