View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Search for:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:05 pm 
Mod

Don't count out DL. Unrein is gone, and Coward was moved to offense. Only Jenkins was brought back.

I'm not putting anything in stone, but I'd be shocked if the Bears didn't take a defensive linemen with one of their first two picks.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:25 pm 
Head Coach

wab wrote:
Don't count out DL. Unrein is gone, and Coward was moved to offense. Only Jenkins was brought back.

I'm not putting anything in stone, but I'd be shocked if the Bears didn't take a defensive linemen with one of their first two picks.

Bob Legere has an article today on PFW about Chicago's need for a DL and the possibility of drafting Vea at 8.

In my former life I was known as FencikFanatic.

Oh, and if you were wondering - yes I'm real. And I'm fantastic.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:51 pm 
Hall of Famer

I don't quite see that happening only because I do think they want to give Bullard and RRH a chance to play meaningful snaps.

"I don't care about numbers, I care about letters" -- Matt Nagy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:09 pm 
Head Coach

G08 wrote:
I don't quite see that happening only because I do think they want to give Bullard and RRH a chance to play meaningful snaps.

yup, i think a bunch of bears fans are going to be surprised when we dont take a defensive lineman until the third day, if at all. We have all three starters penciled in, we have 2 backups who know the system, we'll bring in udfa's, maybe another late free agent in the next phase of FA that happens after the draft.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:11 pm 
Hall of Famer

RustyTrubisky wrote:
G08 wrote:

yup, i think a bunch of bears fans are going to be surprised when we dont take a defensive lineman until the third day, if at all. We have all three starters penciled in, we have 2 backups who know the system, we'll bring in udfa's, maybe another late free agent in the next phase of FA that happens after the draft.

I feel the same way about Amos/Jackson as well as Kwiatkoski.

7 more days.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:37 pm 
Head Coach

RustyTrubisky wrote:
G08 wrote:

While I could see them taking a DL in R1 or R2, it seems pretty evident that OG and OLB are our biggest needs. So my $$$ would be on those two in R1 and R2 and we don't have an R3. I think WR is nipping at the heels of DL as a need also. A lot depends on how the board falls.

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:49 pm 
Hall of Famer

If we take Nelson at 8, I pretty much expect a trade down in round 2. I don't see pockets of talent there outside of iOL and potentially WR depending upon how early Moore/Ridley go.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:54 pm 
Hall of Famer

Davenport - 200 pass rushing opportunities last season, applied a pressure in 1 out of every 4 opps.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:03 pm 
MVP

G08 wrote:
Davenport - 200 pass rushing opportunities last season, applied a pressure in 1 out of every 4 opps.

That’s pretty crazy, 25% clip. I wonder what the average is.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:08 pm 
Hall of Famer

Adipost wrote:
G08 wrote:

That’s pretty crazy, 25% clip. I wonder what the average is.

No idea, I found the Senior Bowl practices on YouTube and was focusing on him when one of the announcers brought up that stat.

I'm smitten. This is bad.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next