R2, P51: Anthony Miller, WR - Memphis

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

alexwilkins
Crafty Veteran

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
Mikefive wrote:
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:I am watching more and more video of this kid, and I can't figure out why in the HOLY HELL he wasn't taken in the first round, or at the very least early second. He is a fantastic route runner, with amazing hands and body control. WOW!
He's the Baker Mayfield of this WR class. Sure, he's productive and dominating and all. But he's only 5'11"!
So are Antonio Brown and Jarvis Landry. They seem to do alright.
Isaac Bruce 6ft tall. Tim Brown 6ft. tall. Marvin and Reggie 6ft. tall. Steve Smith Sr. 5'9". All top-10 in receiving. It ain't about the size of the dog in the fight, my man.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

In my opinion, WR height is more a safety blanket for the QB to play jump ball. I'd rather have a guy who has great hands, can get seperation and can jump good enough for contested balls.
crueltyabc
Hall of Famer

I saw a bunch of drops in Miller's tape so I had him as the #6 WR in the draft. He was the sixth receiver drafted so I feel pretty smug :evilgrin: He's otherwise shown what I liked about him - agility, long speed, scrappiness blocking. He's a great mid-round pick so far
xyt in the discord chats
EricTighe
MVP

He was taken in the second round. That is an early pick not mid rounder.

By the end of the year I can see him being our Number 1 receiver. Pace hit gold on this one.
46Blitz
Assistant Coach

EricTighe wrote:He was taken in the second round. That is an early pick not mid rounder.

By the end of the year I can see him being our Number 1 receiver. Pace hit gold on this one.
Really like his game. Looking forward to seeing what he can do this year. Pretty sure the ball is going to be spread around quite a bit. But I could really seeing Miller lead the team in receptions, catching 80 balls.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Very informative article about my guy AM1700. All The Hits All The Time.

http://sportsmockery.com/2019/07/anthon ... rs-in-nfl/

Note the middle part of the article in bold. He did that while injured a lot last year too.

There is no stopping him.