Introduce Yourself!

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

AZ_Bearfan
MVP

Hey guys. Life long Bears fan in Mesa, AZ. I was born on Chanute AFB in beautiful Rantoul, IL. We moved a lot growing up, so I went with all Chicago teams when I started to get in to sports. Anyways, I've been inactive in Bears forums for a while but still following the Beloved year round. Looking forward to this season like no other. I really need a good season or my 12 year old son is going to become a Cardinals fan or something equally as terrible. Cheers.
G08
Hall of Famer

AZ_Bearfan wrote:Hey guys. Life long Bears fan in Mesa, AZ. I was born on Chanute AFB in beautiful Rantoul, IL. We moved a lot growing up, so I went with all Chicago teams when I started to get in to sports. Anyways, I've been inactive in Bears forums for a while but still following the Beloved year round. Looking forward to this season like no other. I really need a good season or my 12 year old son is going to become a Cardinals fan or something equally as terrible. Cheers.
Welcome back AZ!!!
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

AZ_Bearfan
MVP

Thanks G08. Good to see some familiar names around here.
UOK
Site Admin

Hey AZ! Good to see you around again.
wab
Mod

AZ_Bearfan wrote:Hey guys. Life long Bears fan in Mesa, AZ. I was born on Chanute AFB in beautiful Rantoul, IL. We moved a lot growing up, so I went with all Chicago teams when I started to get in to sports. Anyways, I've been inactive in Bears forums for a while but still following the Beloved year round. Looking forward to this season like no other. I really need a good season or my 12 year old son is going to become a Cardinals fan or something equally as terrible. Cheers.
Holy shit man, welcome back!
docc
Head Coach

AA..my kids were born in Tucson

Bears fans..
When the ex-Chicago Cardinals..(and St Lou) came to the desert their name of choice..Peehonex Cardinals..
Not much love down here for a Phoenix team,,so name was changed to Arizona..
So a little easier here as there is not a huge base of homers..

Welcome back
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

Bear down Wildcats!
docc
Head Coach

Some day UofA will be a football school..not just a Basketball powerhouse..

I got two FBS schools..
I am an Illini Alum..and been in Tucson most of my life..
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

My parents are high school sweethearts from Flowing Wells. My moms family is all in Tucson or the White Mountains. So I have a lot of love for Tucson. When you walked in to my grandmas house growing up, you'd see two pictures immediately. A picture of Jesus next to a picture of Lute Olsen.
Last edited by AZ_Bearfan on Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
docc
Head Coach

Lute and Jesus..
Seems appropriate..

Illini have Lovie..so little happening there..
FBS teams RPO..

Lovie and Illini,,
RRNO..
Run, Run, No Option
bearspnw
Rookie

Finally decided to start an account. Life long bears fan out on the pacific northwest. Looks like a promising year.
G08
Hall of Famer

:welcome:

Jimmy Clausen makes me think of IE... whatever happened to that dude? I miss arguing about who was a better QB between Clausen and Cutler :lol: (I said Cutler)
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

KhalilSackDaddy
Practice Squad

Go Bears, been ghosting awhile, got a nice site and a lot of good posters w/good information.

was about 10 when the Bears won their sb, and it was just about that time I really was getting into football. Grew up in South Bend IN and everyone was a Cubs/Bears fan. It finally feels like we might be on the verge of a similar winning team, maybe a longer run if Trubs is a legit franchise qb(to soon to tell imo).
Pagan
MVP

Welcome Spawn & KSD!

Feel free to jump right in to a topic/lurk at your leisure :)

(Welcome back AZ)
Chitex312
Rookie

Hey, what's going on fellow Bears fans? I decided to start an account tonight so that I can connect and talk Bears football with everyone here. I gotta tell ya, it's good to be FINALLY out of hibernation after what seems to be almost a decade and how we've become relevant again.

A little bit about me:

Born and raised in Chicago, but specifically grew up in the western 'burbs of Chicago (Lombard/Villa Park) and now currently live in Texas. I'm in Cowboys country right now guys, so it was imperative I needed to join a forum like this. I'm an avid sports fans and still loyal to my Chicago teams: Da Bears, Da Bulls (really hard right now, get rid of GarPax), and the Cubs.

I'm looking forward in interacting with you guys around here, it's been a fun season thus far, hope the team can keep it going and Go Bears!!!
wab
Mod

Chitex312 wrote:Hey, what's going on fellow Bears fans? I decided to start an account tonight so that I can connect and talk Bears football with everyone here. I gotta tell ya, it's good to be FINALLY out of hibernation after what seems to be almost a decade and how we've become relevant again.

A little bit about me:

Born and raised in Chicago, but specifically grew up in the western 'burbs of Chicago (Lombard/Villa Park) and now currently live in Texas. I'm in Cowboys country right now guys, so it was imperative I needed to join a forum like this. I'm an avid sports fans and still loyal to my Chicago teams: Da Bears, Da Bulls (really hard right now, get rid of GarPax), and the Cubs.

I'm looking forward in interacting with you guys around here, it's been a fun season thus far, hope the team can keep it going and Go Bears!!!
Welcome! I'm also in the heart of Cowboys territory. Literally...like I live 10 minutes from The Star.
sparkosaurus
Rookie

Name: Sparky
Bears fan since: Today
Fave food: Wagyu Rib Eye. Rare.
Fave drink: Boddingtons
Misc: 40+ years a Washington Redskins fan and this season did it for me. That organization is toxic and will not improve until Dan Snyder no longer owns the team. Been in Chicago for 8 years now and decided to switch over to the home team! Hope you all don't mind an avid fan of the game jumping on your bandwagon!
docc
Head Coach

Welcome aboard.. I have no idea about leaving a team..as I am Chicago born and raised but have lived many places..now about 2000 miles away in Arizona for many years,

Hope you enjoy the ride..
Welcome..
Chitex312
Rookie

Welcome! I'm also in the heart of Cowboys territory. Literally...like I live 10 minutes from The Star.[/quote]

In Frisco? Yeah, I lived there for 4 years, but I'm currently located in West Texas. I get tired of the Cowboys bumper stickers, tee shirts and fanfare around here.
Feds70
Rookie

Hi.

I am Feds....an old Bears fan, Born in Chicago but lives in the Northwoods of WI and I like long walks on the beach
Buttditkus
Rookie

Hello from Scotland.

I've been following the Bears properly since the 1987 strike season, although I've got memories of watching the previous few Super Bowls, including XX.

European fans in that era were limited to US Armed Forces radio for live games. A lot different now, and I finally made my first trip to Soldier Field for a Thursday night game v the Giants during the Trestman years.

Bears related claim to fame No.1: I once had conversation with Caleb Hanie.
Bears related claim to fame No.2: I once used the restrooms at the Park Grill alongside Carmen DeFalco (restroom etiquette prevented a conversation, of course :o ).
AlfaMack
Rookie

Hello from Cheshire, England... Although originally a Jock from Scotland.
DaBears were the first team I took an interest in when Channel 4 started showing the games back in the 80's.

Glad that we've something to shout about again after years in the wilderness.
wab
Mod

Welcome good sir.
UOK
Site Admin

Welcome aboard, fellas.
BearsGuy
Rookie

Hi all. My name's Matt, I'm in my 20s, and I'm a lifelong NC resident. I've been a Bears fan only a short time, but I also recently became a Bulls and Blackhawks fan too, so there's good and bad there. I've adopted Chicago's teams because I plan to move to the city in the next few years.
DoubleDoink
Rookie

Hey guys, Detroit (ew I know) based Bears fan coming in hot.

Look forward to FA and the Draft.
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

Hi, I'm RING4CHI. Along with long walks on the beach, I also enjoy going AWOL for long periods of time.
"Every team needs badasses." - Dan Hampton
UOK
Site Admin

RING4CHI wrote:Hi, I'm RING4CHI. Along with long walks on the beach, I also enjoy going AWOL for long periods of time.
Welcome back!
wab
Mod

RING4CHI wrote:Hi, I'm RING4CHI. Along with long walks on the beach, I also enjoy going AWOL for long periods of time.
Where the hell have you been man?!
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:
Where the hell have you been man?!
Long story short, life has taken quite a few turns the last 18 months or so. Most of the turns were good turns, some quite good turns. But the things that have happened my wife and I could've never imagined happening when they did, so our time just got preoccupied.

Life is good, and hopefully I can be back around these parts more often.
"Every team needs badasses." - Dan Hampton