For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

G08
Hall of Famer

9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

malk
Head Coach

I've really, really gone off PFF stats.
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:Image

What is considered a good score? What’s an average score, what is pro-bowl level? On paper the Bears DL should wreck the Fins OL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WagonForce
MVP

Tough to call this one, but I'm going to go with a decisive win.

Bears 27
Dolphins 13
G08
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
G08 wrote:Image

What is considered a good score? What’s an average score, what is pro-bowl level? On paper the Bears DL should wreck the Fins OL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My simple interpretation:

Blue = Elite
Green = Solid starter
Yellow = Mediocre (replaceable)
Orange = Bad

docc
Head Coach

I never make predictions..as the past performance of a radically improved
Bears team..new players..coaches and a totally different game plan and style.
Just cannot guess from history to predict the future with so many variables improved or radically changed
wab
Mod

G08 wrote:

Blue = Elite
Green = Solid starter
Orange = Bad
Waiting for you to mention Charles Leno like
G08
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:
G08 wrote:

Blue = Elite
Green = Solid starter
Orange = Bad
Waiting for you to mention Charles Leno like

HurricaneBear
Head Coach

On paper, this game appears to be a massacre. The more I think about it the more my confidence grows. The only thing that gives me some pause is that it is a road game for the Bears. I think the Bears are better than the Dolphins at all levels, from front office to coaching staff to position by position. Across the board I fail to see any area the Dolphins edge the Bears.

I think the Dolphins are a worse team than the Bucs or Cardinals, and much worse than the Seahawks and Packers. Trubisky continues his sharp play with 5td passes and 400 total yards. The run game is not used as much as expected once more as Howard talk continues to grow. Robinson has a big day and Burton adds another td. Parkey adds a FG as special teams continue to be strong.

The Bears defense absolutely dominates in this game. Tannehill is running for his life all game long and ends the day being sacked 6 times with 3 turnovers. The Miami offense is unable to do much of anything, only managing just under 200 yards and a late FG.

Bears win! 38-3
UOK
Site Admin

BREAKING NEWS

Trubisky WILL wear a sleeve again on Sunday. Not sure if it's the navy again or orange (they're wearing orange jerseys), but the sleeve remains.
GSH
MVP

UOK wrote:BREAKING NEWS

Trubisky WILL wear a sleeve again on Sunday. Not sure if it's the navy again or orange (they're wearing orange jerseys), but the sleeve remains.
superbowl confirmed
UOK
Site Admin

Good news: Anthony Miller practiced in full today for the #Bears.

Prince Amukamara (hamstring) and Eric Kush (neck) were limited. Marcus Cooper DNP.
G08
Hall of Famer

I wouldn't hate if Kush sat this one out, got healthy, and Daniels played the entire game.

The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:Good news: Anthony Miller practiced in full today for the #Bears.

Prince Amukamara (hamstring) and Eric Kush (neck) were limited. Marcus Cooper DNP.
Get my man Miller out there. That guy is gonna be great.
DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

This is tough to figure out because there are so many unknowns from this team and this coaching staff coming off the bye week.

I say our offense will struggle a bit on the road. Not to the degree of the Arizona game though. Defense comes out and shuts down Tannehill / Loggains / Gase.

Bears 22
Dolphins 13
Never Die Easy
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

This Miami article makes it sound like the Dolphins think the only person to worry about on the Bears DL is Khalil Mack. I hope they keep thinking that. We'll watch Hicks, Goldman and Nichols blow things up.

Mack vs. Dolphins
Sugashane
Player of the Month

I keep rationalizing how we should struggle, but I think Gase is overrated and Loggains is retarded. Meh. The only think special about Tannahill is his wife.

Predictions:
Bears 27
Dolphins 13
Tannahill's wife is smoking hot - confirmed
GSH
MVP

any chance this hurricane gets the game called off? dunno where miami is in relation to the worst of it
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

GSH wrote:any chance this hurricane gets the game called off? dunno where miami is in relation to the worst of it
Miami is way, way south of the hurricane. Not going to affect it at all.
Funkster
MVP

Last I read (about an hour ago) hurricane Micheal was over Georgia and is being downgraded to a tropical storm. You can see it’s path in the pic below. It looks like the storm missed the Miami area. Hope everyone impacted by this storm are doing ok and are safe.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Protect this fucking house, go all out, leave that shit out on the field, let’s have some fun, makes some plays baby ” Mitch Trubisky #believethesleeve
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

posted before

I just can't see this defense allowing Miami to do anything.

Bears 24
Miami 3
Ormazd
MVP

Bears 27
Dolphins 21
cblaz11
MVP

Bears win 27-20

I’m nervous about the team looking past Miami with NE up next. That said, I think we’re watching one of the next great coaches in the making with Nagy and him having 2 weeks to gameplan and prepare is huge.

The dolphins short passing game plays into our hand perfectly because of the way Vic disguises his coverage schemes. We could see our best sack output of he season because of it.This is the game we really see Roquan Smiths talent on display. I’m expecting a big game out of him. That said, Adam Gase knows offense and he knows Vic’s D...This should be a good chess match.

On offense...I want to see Nagy keep his foot on the gas. Push the ball..force this defense to sit back then hammer the inside of their defense with Jordan Howard and Cohen. I’m betting Daniels gets the start and I think we see a significant difference with our inside running game. It looks like Wake is going to be out again, which only makes things worse for that front 7. I’m hoping we naturally get Howard going and Nagy doesn’t force it because of the outside noise.

This game will tell us if we’re as good as the numbers say..If we truly are a playoff contender this is a game we have to win.
wab
Mod

PFT Still hates the Bears:
Bears at Dolphins

MDS’s take: The Bears have looked like world-beaters and the Dolphins have struggled of late, but I think a course correction is coming for both teams.

MDS’s pick: Dolphins 21, Bears 20.

Florio’s take: Matt Nagy gets two weeks to prepare for the Dolphins, but it won’t be enough to hang a third straight loss on a Dolphins team that didn’t get to 3-0 accidentally.

Florio’s pick: Dolphins 20, Bears 17.
alexwilkins
Crafty Veteran

wab wrote:PFT Still hates the Bears:
Bears at Dolphins

MDS’s take: The Bears have looked like world-beaters and the Dolphins have struggled of late, but I think a course correction is coming for both teams.

MDS’s pick: Dolphins 21, Bears 20.

Florio’s take: Matt Nagy gets two weeks to prepare for the Dolphins, but it won’t be enough to hang a third straight loss on a Dolphins team that didn’t get to 3-0 accidentally.

Florio’s pick: Dolphins 20, Bears 17.
That is outrageous. They beat the Titans in Mike Vrabel's first game as head coach, the Jets in Sam Darnold's second game of his career, and Oakland who has arguably the worst defense in the league.

Miami's giving up about 2 sacks a game. That will change on Sunday. Tannehill is coming off a major knee injury. He's going to have orange in his face all day, and he's going to make some VERY ill-advised throws. There's some talent in their secondary, but I like our Tackles against Wake and Quinn, and Wake hasn’t practiced this week. I like Mitch to complete 66% of his passes with 2 TDs. I really like Miami's Xavien Howard and Minkah Fitzpatrick. One of them may get a pick.

CHI - 31

MIA - 13
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Chi 27
Miami 17 with a TD in garbage time to make it look closer than it was.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

I saw an article via Bleacher Report that Tannehill has a 21.1 rating under pressure. By comparison, Biscuit is 78.6. Rivers is an astounding 110.1!

I can't see this going well for the Dolphins at all.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote:I saw an article via Bleacher Report that Tannehill has a 21.1 rating under pressure. By comparison, Biscuit is 78.6. Rivers is an astounding 110.1!

I can't see this going well for the Dolphins at all.
Given the state of the Dolphins OL, the Bears are going to be able to get pressure by rushing 4-5, and the Dolphins are going to have to keep 6-7 to block. Which means there will be 6-7 Bears to cover 3-4 receivers. I don't see that working well for them.

My guess is that they will start with some screen plays and short passes to try and slow down the rush. After Roquan and Eddie completely blow that up, it will get ugly fast.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

I heard on the radio or somewhere that the line started Bears +1 and has moved to Bears -3. That's quite a move in a few days without player changes.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Mr.Irrelevant
Player of the Month

I'm not confident that the Bears can repeat their offensive production from a couple of weeks ago, but I am confident that the defense is up to the task. Dolphins can probably move the ball with their short passing game, but not often enough to win.

Bears 23
Miami 13