MVP second half?

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

mohner1
Practice Squad

Whiskey had a good post asking who your MVP is of the last 8 games. I want to know who you think the MVP will be for the next 8 if we make the playoffs. Alternatively, who is the scapegoat if we miss.

MVP: The easy answer is Mack for reasons we all know. I think the darkhorse could be Howard. If he can help us grind out games and keep Rodgers, Cousins (twice), Goff off the field, we'll have a great shot at not only making the playoffs, but winning the division.

Scapegoat: Gotta be Biscuit. With the defense playing how we know they can play, only a lack of offense production would hinder us, and that starts with Mitch.

What say you?
“Taylor, we've run out of timeouts. Go in there and get hurt.”
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

If the 2nd half MVP is Leonard Floyd, we're going to the Super Bowl.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Mikefive wrote:If the 2nd half MVP is Leonard Floyd, we're going to the Super Bowl.

I like your thinking on this
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Mikefive wrote:If the 2nd half MVP is Leonard Floyd, we're going to the Super Bowl.
Wouldn't that be interesting. Floyd starts flashing, and Mack gets healthy.

2nd half MVP is going to be the Bears secondary. It's cheap picking a unit and not a guy, but I think they are going to shut down some teams, and add another 6-7 INT's before the season is up. That and I REALLY like the direction Eddie Jackson and Kyle Fuller are headed.

2nd half scapegoat will be Matt Nagy. The Bears have five VERY winnable games in the 2nd half. Two vs the Lions, Giants, 49ers and the Pack at home. If we go worse than 5-3 it will be due to game prep and play calling.
Umbali
MVP

Just to take it a different direction I will say Cohen. I think the intangibles he brings even when he doesnt have the ball continues to open things up for others. He will keep stretching the field and be our special teams ace. We already know we have the D to get us there and it will have to be a group effort with Mack leading the way. Our secondary will have to keep coming up huge.

Honestly it would be hard to pin the goat on anyone but Nagy or Bisquit. So I would have to go with Bisquit. I trust Nagys ability to adjust, so it will come down to if Bisquit can avoid INTS.
Fantasy Team: Peanut Punchers
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Mitch. He is going to keep getting better.
G08
Hall of Famer

Jordan Howard. Nagy figures out the run game, weather turns brutal and Howard plows this team into your mom, er I mean the playoffs.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

mohner1 wrote:Whiskey had a good post asking who your MVP is of the last 8 games. I want to know who you think the MVP will be for the next 8 if we make the playoffs. Alternatively, who is the scapegoat if we miss.

MVP: The easy answer is Mack for reasons we all know. I think the darkhorse could be Howard. If he can help us grind out games and keep Rodgers, Cousins (twice), Goff off the field, we'll have a great shot at not only making the playoffs, but winning the division.

Scapegoat: Gotta be Biscuit. With the defense playing how we know they can play, only a lack of offense production would hinder us, and that starts with Mitch.

What say you?
If we make the playoffs the MVP will have to be my man Biscuit. I'm really happy where he's at right now given how new everything is, but in order to make the playoffs and then to win the first game and then be competitive on the road (presumably) for the second game, he has to improve his road game performance. I posted this in another thread, but his road game passer rating is not good.

The scapegoat will be Biscuit too, but that's only because its fashionable to rip the QB.
Funkster
MVP

MVP: I’m going with Kyle Fuller. The guy has been playing all out flashing all over the field. Getting Mack back should increase his production even more.

Scapegoat: Trupubebeardski, QB’s get all the glory and all the blame.
“Protect this fucking house, go all out, leave that shit out on the field, let’s have some fun, makes some plays baby ” Mitch Trubisky #believethesleeve
GSH
MVP

In that scenario:

MVP for me would be Tarik Cohen. He is so unlike any player we have had, for as long as I can remember, that I believe he would be seen as the piece that was missing to elevate us in the nfc north. everyone has pass rushers, qb's and rb's. Only the bears have the wild card that is cohen.

Scapegoat: will be whoever drops the int / td that would seal it for us because any playoff loss will be like our regular season losses, one play away from victory.
EricTighe
MVP

To get deep into the playoffs it has to be Trubisky.

The easy odds would be to say Mack. He is coming back with a vengeance.

Though I do like the Howard call. Got a serious man crush on that guy.
HawkBear
Rookie

EricTighe wrote:To get deep into the playoffs it has to be Trubisky.

The easy odds would be to say Mack. He is coming back with a vengeance.

Though I do like the Howard call. Got a serious man crush on that guy.
Better brace yourself for when we don't re-sign him.
BR0D1E86
MVP

Easy answer is Mack. He’s just rested two weeks and he’s healthy. He should dominate.

If it’s Trubisky, the Bears are going deep in the playoffs.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

i think there's such a strong argument for cohen. not just on offense but he's been a dagger as a punt returner as well. and he's such a natural catcher! he's the player i so wanted garrett wolfe to be and i love him to death.
VA_Mountain_Bear
Crafty Veteran

MVP of first half is Mack. MVP of the 2nd half will have to be Trubisky.
Scapegoat: nobody deserves it currently, and we'd have to start losing and miss the playoffs to pick one.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

VA_Mountain_Bear wrote:MVP of first half is Mack. MVP of the 2nd half will have to be Trubisky.
Scapegoat: nobody deserves it currently, and we'd have to start losing and miss the playoffs to pick one.
Yeah well, Parkey is in the process of passing off his beer, and challenging you on the scapegoat candidate.