Hall of Famer

Suh hasn't done shit tonight.
docc
Head Coach

51-47 Chefs

98 points..!
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

That call was just odd. If anything it should have been on the KC TE for lowering his head.

Plenty of holds not being called in this game. Not just Bears games they are missed.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Holy shit! 54-51

Mahomes time!
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

HOLY SHIT!!!! WHAT A FRIGGIN THROW BY GOFF!!!!!
docc
Head Coach

105 points ???
Looked for a football game..and.
a basketball game broke out..

Yikes..
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

HELL NO, HILL
docc
Head Coach

WIDE OPEN..

and now a pass too many...an Int..!
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Holy hell, a former Chief getting the INT.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Run the fucking ball
MoFugger
Head Coach

Remember when someone said the Rams defense was mediocre
docc
Head Coach

OK..Chefs get ball back..
1:04 and a TO..
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Dumb fucker, Tyreke Hill. HOw the hell do you catch that? Kick him in the ass.
docc
Head Coach

No D what so ever tonight..
docc
Head Coach

Here it is now..
892 Passing yards in this game !!
docc
Head Coach

Mahomes throws it wild..another INT

Game..
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Just wow!
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Got to give the Os some credit here. These are some high powered Os
docc
Head Coach

1,001 yards..!
I wonder what a really strong D that can disrupt and pressure ..
Who could that be ??:)
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

MoFugger wrote:Remember when someone said the Rams defense was mediocre
yes, and they are... wait that would be an insult to mediocre.

They have donald, and nothing else very impressive.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
Otis Day wrote:Get occupied doing some shit around the house and come back in and the Chefs have the lead. Damn.
I know right? I went up to put the kids down and the Rams were up by 13. I come back down 10 minutes later, and the Chiefs are up by 1. WTF?

Rams RT is not good.
Paging Mr. Mack. Mr. Mack please pick up the nearest courtesy phone.

I still have that game as a loss for us, but wow if we won that one. Holy shit.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote:
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
Otis Day wrote:Get occupied doing some shit around the house and come back in and the Chefs have the lead. Damn.
I know right? I went up to put the kids down and the Rams were up by 13. I come back down 10 minutes later, and the Chiefs are up by 1. WTF?

Rams RT is not good.
Paging Mr. Mack. Mr. Mack please pick up the nearest courtesy phone.

I still have that game as a loss for us, but wow if we won that one. Holy shit.
I think that the Bears' defense is going to smack them in the mouth in a way they haven't had to deal with yet. However I still think we lose that game by at least a TD. Goff drops dimes all over the place. That pass to Everett down the sideline was just SICK!
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Mahomes 5 TOs and he still had a rating of 117? He had great #s, but 5 TOs and still that impressive of a rating, doesn't seem right to me.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Otis Day wrote:Mahomes 5 TOs and he still had a rating of 117? He had great #s, but 5 TOs and still that impressive of a rating, doesn't seem right to me.
That is the argument that espn used for creating the new qbr formula.

Trubisky vs the vikes was an 83 under the qbr formula and a 60something in the old one. Takes into account situation, rushing and other things. Actually his qbr rating was higher than Goff or Mahomes last night under that formula.

Neither are perfect or an end all.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

the Arena League, alive on NFL Monday Night Football

wildest weirdest game I've seen in a while

nice that the at times questionable officiating did not influence the outcome

southdakbearfan wrote:
Otis Day wrote:Mahomes 5 TOs and he still had a rating of 117? He had great #s, but 5 TOs and still that impressive of a rating, doesn't seem right to me.
That is the argument that espn used for creating the new qbr formula.

Trubisky vs the vikes was an 83 under the qbr formula and a 60something in the old one. Takes into account situation, rushing and other things. Actually his qbr rating was higher than Goff or Mahomes last night under that formula.

Neither are perfect or an end all.

all of these ratings systems are for the talking heads to get into a foaming frenzy over and have no bearing on real life since the math seems intentionally skewed
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
thunderspirit
Head Coach

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:This game is insane.
It was entertaining, that's for sure.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

The NFL pissed off everyone with Rams-Chiefs ‘all-star’ refs
It exceeded the hype. The scoreboard was bursting, defenders’ bodies were flying everywhere and the balls were flying faster.

The flags were soaring, too.

The future-of-the-NFL showdown between the Chiefs and Rams on Monday night featured 105 points (fun!) and 21 accepted penalties (less fun!). The whistle problem was an ironic one after the NFL went out of its way to put its best stripes on the field, knowing the added attention the high-powered faceoff would command.

Officials were reassigned from other crews and shoehorned into Clete Blakeman’s team, which reportedly traded four of its members in the shuffle. The NFL tried to find the highest-performing refs in assembling a sort of all-star team of zebras. And like a haphazard all-star team, the built-in cohesion was missing and officials appeared to err on the side of throwing flags; there were 26 penalties called in all.

“Too many penalties, a lot of penalties in the first quarter,” Chiefs coach Andy Reid told reporters after their 54-51 loss, in which Kansas City was penalized 13 times and Los Angeles eight. “I don’t know about those, but they called them, and so we were going backwards when we needed to go forward and you don’t want to put yourself in a hole like that. We had too many penalties. Thirteen penalties overall and I think eight of them were in the first quarter, so we’ve got to do a better job of that.”

The teams were not thrilled with the quick-trigger flags. What about other NFL players?

“CANT EVEN PLAY DEFENSE,” wrote Houston’s Tyrann Mathieu.

“[Shaking my head] they just want points,” San Francisco’s Richard Sherman added.

How about other officials?

“I continue to read the term ‘all star’ as it relates to the crew tonight and am thoroughly disheartened that the NFL has chosen to take this action and give the perception that some officials are ‘stars’ and some are not worthy,” former longtime official Terry McAulay wrote.

ESPN reported Jerome Boger was one of the ones originally scheduled to officiate the game only to be switched out, a public slight that officials as a whole surely do not appreciate.

there were some truly bullshit penalties amongst those called

and I still don't get this "hit on a defenseless receiver" nonsense and the way it is being interpreted

as I recall, that rule was put into place initially to keep receivers who went up for passes and didn't make the catch from being obliterated ... and in that sense, it is a perfectly reasonable call

what I don't get now is how a receiver who has made the catch can't be tackled ... wtf are defenders supposed to do?

if the crew on MNF was what amounts to an NFL all star zebra crew, the best at their positions, then our worst fears have been realized because their flag tossing shit show was atrocious
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Boris13c wrote:The NFL pissed off everyone with Rams-Chiefs ‘all-star’ refs
It exceeded the hype. The scoreboard was bursting, defenders’ bodies were flying everywhere and the balls were flying faster.

The flags were soaring, too.

The future-of-the-NFL showdown between the Chiefs and Rams on Monday night featured 105 points (fun!) and 21 accepted penalties (less fun!). The whistle problem was an ironic one after the NFL went out of its way to put its best stripes on the field, knowing the added attention the high-powered faceoff would command.

Officials were reassigned from other crews and shoehorned into Clete Blakeman’s team, which reportedly traded four of its members in the shuffle. The NFL tried to find the highest-performing refs in assembling a sort of all-star team of zebras. And like a haphazard all-star team, the built-in cohesion was missing and officials appeared to err on the side of throwing flags; there were 26 penalties called in all.

“Too many penalties, a lot of penalties in the first quarter,” Chiefs coach Andy Reid told reporters after their 54-51 loss, in which Kansas City was penalized 13 times and Los Angeles eight. “I don’t know about those, but they called them, and so we were going backwards when we needed to go forward and you don’t want to put yourself in a hole like that. We had too many penalties. Thirteen penalties overall and I think eight of them were in the first quarter, so we’ve got to do a better job of that.”

The teams were not thrilled with the quick-trigger flags. What about other NFL players?

“CANT EVEN PLAY DEFENSE,” wrote Houston’s Tyrann Mathieu.

“[Shaking my head] they just want points,” San Francisco’s Richard Sherman added.

How about other officials?

“I continue to read the term ‘all star’ as it relates to the crew tonight and am thoroughly disheartened that the NFL has chosen to take this action and give the perception that some officials are ‘stars’ and some are not worthy,” former longtime official Terry McAulay wrote.

ESPN reported Jerome Boger was one of the ones originally scheduled to officiate the game only to be switched out, a public slight that officials as a whole surely do not appreciate.

there were some truly bullshit penalties amongst those called

and I still don't get this "hit on a defenseless receiver" nonsense and the way it is being interpreted

as I recall, that rule was put into place initially to keep receivers who went up for passes and didn't make the catch from being obliterated ... and in that sense, it is a perfectly reasonable call

what I don't get now is how a receiver who has made the catch can't be tackled ... wtf are defenders supposed to do?

if the crew on MNF was what amounts to an NFL all star zebra crew, the best at their positions, then our worst fears have been realized because their flag tossing shit show was atrocious
I totally agree. If the receiver is going to try and catch it, the defender HAS to have the opportunity to separate the receiver from the ball. I mean WTF is he supposed to do?