Trubisky shoulder injury // Rolling thread

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Funkster
MVP

G08 wrote:^ We do know that there is no risk of him worsening damage based on the current status of the arm. His range of motion is fine. Nagy said it boils down to him hitting and completing throws. Reading between the lines, I interpret this more as pain management than anything else.

It's football... you can't bubble wrap your QB for important games. To me, this is an important game.

I agree, it’s seems like this is Nagy’s philosophy with injuries. At the first sign of injury, rest for 2 weeks. That would be fine if this was baseball but the season is short. The bears got lucky the schedule was favorable in the weeks Mack and AR rested.

When the reports came out Tru’s shoulder injury wasn’t serious and he would play if it was a Sunday game, I just kinda shook my head. Now they’re doubling down and saying it’s not serious and he has full ROM, but he probably won’t play, is a head scratcher. The bears can’t afford to sit their star players because they got boo boos. These are conference and divisional games. I hope this week is just Nagy playing head games making the giants prepare for both QB’s instead of one.

Hicks showed up on the injur report with an Achilles. If he doesn’t go, Barkley could put up some yardage.
“Protect this fucking house, go all out, leave that shit out on the field, let’s have some fun, makes some plays baby ” Mitch Trubisky #believethesleeve
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Boris13c wrote:Harrison Smith fined $10,026 for hit on Mitch Trubisky
Minnesota Vikings safety Harrison Smith cost his team 15 yards for an unnecessary roughness penalty for a hit on Chicago Bears quarterback Mitchell Trubisky in Week 11.

The penalty will now cost Smith some money.

The league fined Smith $10,026 for the infraction, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported. Smith plans to appeal, Pelissero added.
so what is his appeal going to be based on? the force of gravity was stronger that day than on other days?

it was a late hit cheap shot, and I would feel that way if he did it to somebody other than Trubisky

let's see him unload on Brady like that this week and what happens to him then
I don't think it was that bad of a cheap shot. He might have been able to let up a little bit, but Biscuit was pretty late getting down and it can be impossible to stop when you're already in motion. If Smith was on our team, I wouldn't be throwing dirt at him. If you start anticipating when the QB is going to go down and start holding up before he slides, you end up with plays like the one when Biscuit was heading out of bounds around the 30 and suddenly planted a foot and turned to the inside and almost scored.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Mikefive wrote:
Boris13c wrote:Harrison Smith fined $10,026 for hit on Mitch Trubisky
Minnesota Vikings safety Harrison Smith cost his team 15 yards for an unnecessary roughness penalty for a hit on Chicago Bears quarterback Mitchell Trubisky in Week 11.

The penalty will now cost Smith some money.

The league fined Smith $10,026 for the infraction, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported. Smith plans to appeal, Pelissero added.
so what is his appeal going to be based on? the force of gravity was stronger that day than on other days?

it was a late hit cheap shot, and I would feel that way if he did it to somebody other than Trubisky

let's see him unload on Brady like that this week and what happens to him then
I don't think it was that bad of a cheap shot. He might have been able to let up a little bit, but Biscuit was pretty late getting down and it can be impossible to stop when you're already in motion. If Smith was on our team, I wouldn't be throwing dirt at him. If you start anticipating when the QB is going to go down and start holding up before he slides, you end up with plays like the one when Biscuit was heading out of bounds around the 30 and suddenly planted a foot and turned to the inside and almost scored.
It was a dirty hit. Smith went well over one full step after trubisky was down, Then lowered his head and shoulder and laid it on with only one possible intent.
donkeykong
Player of the Month

Here’s what’s bothersome to me...by the time the Rams come to town on 12/9 Mitch will not have played a game since 11/18! The last thing we need is Mitch starting a game the Bears aren’t favored to win, completely cold.

Also, the Giants have some dangerous weapons. It seems as if we’re overlooking them, this is a game we could potentially lose by starting our backup QB. We then start an ice cold QB against a team that just recently was involved in a shootout with another powerhouse that ended up being the 3rd highest scoring game in the history of the NFL. If our D doesn’t stop LA we’re not built offensively for a 50+ point shootout!

Possibly we go 0-2, largely because I don’t have faith rusty Trubisky coming off 20 days rest is going to be able to put up 30+ points to defeat LA. We then face two divisional rivals. The Vikings ARE NOT a lay down go-ahead victory. While GB is not and has not been very good, if they beat the Cardinals and Falcons you can best believe they’re coming to play with their season on the line. I wouldn’t be shocked with a loss, it would be more of a “that figures” reaction as I sit there dejected. I don’t feel SF has a chance to beat us. HOWEVER, there’s a potential that we end the season on a 1-4 stretch. Definitely not a good place to be entering the playoffs...if 9-7 gets us there.

I’m not trying to be negative, I’m just trying to look at this realistically. This would be a Bears move if I’ve ever seen one and I wouldn’t be shocked if this were the scenario. What I would like to see is Mitch start vs. the Giants, get a lead, and let Chubby Chase finish it off.

On the other hand, I feel Chubby Chase can manage the game well enough that we SHOULD win against the Giants. Then again when the Texans rolled up on the 2-4 Giants, they probably thought they should win too.
KhalilSackDaddy
Practice Squad

agree w/dnokeykong here.

NY at NY isn't a gimmie, not if Daniel plays like he did at Det, the O completely shut down w/him in there. He cannot run/escape pressure and he struggles to really stretch the field.

Bears need to get to at least 10 wins to really put the screws to the NFCN, and the best shots of winning those 2 are NY and SF.

Nagy is taking a huge risk overlooking NY, if it doesn't pay off, you are now needing to beat LA w/your starting qb cold as dirt, or beat Minny in MN, they barely beat them in Chicago, or beat GB in Chicago; never a given as Rogers seems to have the Bears number.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

KhalilSackDaddy wrote:agree w/dnokeykong here.

NY at NY isn't a gimmie, not if Daniel plays like he did at Det, the O completely shut down w/him in there. He cannot run/escape pressure and he struggles to really stretch the field.

Bears need to get to at least 10 wins to really put the screws to the NFCN, and the best shots of winning those 2 are NY and SF.

Nagy is taking a huge risk overlooking NY, if it doesn't pay off, you are now needing to beat LA w/your starting qb cold as dirt, or beat Minny in MN, they barely beat them in Chicago, or beat GB in Chicago; never a given as Rogers seems to have the Bears number.
I think that Nagy does a good job of getting the team to focus on the game at hand. He gets them prepared and ready to play the next opponent, without looking past them. The Giants are certainly dangerous. Especially if you give Manning enough time to find OBJ, or allow Barkley to work up a lather. Unfortunately for NY, this is a really bad match-up for them. They haven't faced a pass rush like the Bears' this year, and their OL is NOT GOOD, like at all. Chicago also has one of the top run defenses in the league. If they can hold Barkley to under 100 yards, and OBJ to 5 catches or less, they will win this game. But if the pass rush doesn't get home with 4-5 guys, it could be a long day for the Bears. Personally I think they will have 5-6 sacks of Eli, and at least a +3 turnover margin.

Regarding Daniel. The great thing about him is, he knows his role, and he knows this offense. He is not trying to win the job by taking chances. He's not a threat to Biscuits, and he knows that, and Mitch knows that. He said it before the Lions game, "my job is to get the ball into the hands of the playmakers." The Lions have a good defense, especially with the addition of Snacks. The Giants defense isn't nearly as good. They are next to last in the league in sacks, and have 10 total INT's. If the Bears OL can give him 3-3.5 seconds, he'll be fine. If he's forced to scramble and improvise, we're screwed. But I'm confident that Nagy will scheme guys open, and Daniel will know where the ball needs to go.
KhalilSackDaddy
Practice Squad

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
KhalilSackDaddy wrote:agree w/dnokeykong here.

I think that Nagy does a good job of getting the team to focus on the game at hand. He gets them prepared and ready to play the next opponent, without looking past them. The Giants are certainly dangerous. Especially if you give Manning enough time to find OBJ, or allow Barkley to work up a lather. Unfortunately for NY, this is a really bad match-up for them. They haven't faced a pass rush like the Bears' this year, and their OL is NOT GOOD, like at all. Chicago also has one of the top run defenses in the league. If they can hold Barkley to under 100 yards, and OBJ to 5 catches or less, they will win this game. But if the pass rush doesn't get home with 4-5 guys, it could be a long day for the Bears. Personally I think they will have 5-6 sacks of Eli, and at least a +3 turnover margin.

Regarding Daniel. The great thing about him is, he knows his role, and he knows this offense. He is not trying to win the job by taking chances. He's not a threat to Biscuits, and he knows that, and Mitch knows that. He said it before the Lions game, "my job is to get the ball into the hands of the playmakers." The Lions have a good defense, especially with the addition of Snacks. The Giants defense isn't nearly as good. They are next to last in the league in sacks, and have 10 total INT's. If the Bears OL can give him 3-3.5 seconds, he'll be fine. If he's forced to scramble and improvise, we're screwed. But I'm confident that Nagy will scheme guys open, and Daniel will know where the ball needs to go.
Well he didn't have them ready for Miami, in which it looked like they were looking past them for NE; although the heat had something to do w/that. I think I saw a stat that MIA/Gase are like 13-1 when the temp is 90+ desgrees. Maybe he learned from it though. But this game falls into something similar though, NY is looked at as a bad team and maybe Nagy has them looking to get ready for LA, by resting Trubs in a should win game. That's my concern.

I agree about Daniel, that he knows his role and won't put the ball in harms way; but there is a really good chance that they will need him to drive this offense to more then 16 points; probably closer to 21, and that's if the def shows up; and part of stopping the run is going to be on Hicks, who apparently has a bad wheel. If Hicks isn't playing to his best Barkley could take over that game, and that will mean Chase will have to try and stretch the field some.
Det is really good, and NY's isn't, but it's the NY O that worries me, they aren't as terrible as people talk. They have scored under 20 points 4 times, but only once since week 8, on week 8. It seems they are figuring whatever their O woe's. So a barely good enough O and super D might not be the best shot of winning on the road.

Chicago's Def is holding teams on average to 19 points, and finding ways to score so that all helps, but the O might need to score around 20 to win(cannot assume the Bears D will score TD's) that means at least 2 probably 3 td's, b/c I'm still not relying on Parkey for 3+ made FG attempts in bad weather.
wab
Mod

Nagy is taking a huge risk overlooking NY
I don't think Nagy is overlooking anyone. Nagy is letting his franchise QB heal properly.
G08
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:
Nagy is taking a huge risk overlooking NY
I don't think Nagy is overlooking anyone. Nagy is letting his franchise QB heal properly.
More and more I'm coming around to -- which is not to say I necessarily like -- they are utilizing the $7M backup the way he should be utilized.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

IotaNet
MVP

G08 wrote:
wab wrote:I don't think Nagy is overlooking anyone. Nagy is letting his franchise QB heal properly.
... they are utilizing the $7M backup the way he should be utilized.
Exactly.

It reminds me of how another Bears backup QB who wore #4 was used. :clap:
“Never let your ego get so close to your position that when your position falls, your ego falls with it.”

- Colin Powell
G08
Hall of Famer

IotaNet wrote:
G08 wrote:
wab wrote:I don't think Nagy is overlooking anyone. Nagy is letting his franchise QB heal properly.
Exactly.

Is that a Steve Walsh reference :toast:
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

KOP_Snake
Head Coach

Well he threw the ball today.
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

I was wondering if the Saints lost to the Cowboys, would that give Nagy incentive to plug in #10 for the NY game?
KOP_Snake
Head Coach

If the Saints or Rams lose 1 more game (other than the Rams@Bears) and the Bears win out, Bears get a playoff bye. And if they both do it Bears have #1 seed.
IotaNet
MVP

G08 wrote:
IotaNet wrote:
G08 wrote:
Exactly.

Is that a Steve Walsh reference :toast:

Nosir— that’s a Steve FULLER (‘85) reference! He started 5 games in place of McMahon that year.
“Never let your ego get so close to your position that when your position falls, your ego falls with it.”

- Colin Powell
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Anyone know what the injury actually is.
wab
Mod

mmmc_35 wrote:Anyone know what the injury actually is.
Sprained (bruised?) AC joint.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Is that official? If it's correct like I said earlier it would definitely effect throwing. I have sprained my ac joint in the past, and actually it's effecting me right now.

So essentially you won't make it worse necessarily but it could prolong the heal time by playing. It will also definitely effect throwing. So I am fine with him sitting.
wab
Mod

mmmc_35 wrote:Is that official? If it's correct like I said earlier it would definitely effect throwing. I have sprained my ac joint in the past, and actually it's effecting me right now.

So essentially you won't make it worse necessarily but it could prolong the heal time by playing. It will also definitely effect throwing. So I am fine with him sitting.
Yeah, that was what was reported. Right AC sprain. As of yesterday it was still bruised and sore according to NFLN.
Pagan
MVP

wab wrote:
mmmc_35 wrote:Is that official? If it's correct like I said earlier it would definitely effect throwing. I have sprained my ac joint in the past, and actually it's effecting me right now.

Yeah, that was what was reported. Right AC sprain. As of yesterday it was still bruised and sore according to NFLN.
Right...
&pretty much everyone here does/should agree that the Lions & Giants games are potentially worth losing if it means our franchise QB's throwing shoulder is 100% healthy & good for the Playoff Push.

Everything else is caveman tough guy nonsense.
Personally I'm VERY glad that the Bears HC has more common sense than our average Bear fan!
bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

KOP_Snake wrote:If the Saints or Rams lose 1 more game (other than the Rams@Bears) and the Bears win out, Bears get a playoff bye. And if they both do it Bears have #1 seed.
Me personally, I don't like the way we play after byes so I hope we go in as 3 seed
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

https://www.scoi.com/patient-resources/ ... ular-joint" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When a joint is first sprained, conservative treatment is certainly the best. Applying ice directly to the point of the shoulder is helpful to inhibit swelling and relieve pain. The arm can be supported with a sling which also relieves some of the weight from the shoulder. Gentle motion of the arm can be allowed to prevent stiffness, and exercise putty is very helpful to improve function of the elbow, wrist, and hand, but any attempts at vigorous shoulder mobilization early on will probably lead to more swelling and pain.

Depending on how severe the injury is, it may heal adequately in two to three weeks. In severe cases, the shoulder may not heal without surgery.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.