Eddie Jackson named NFL Defensive Player of November

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

UOK
Site Admin

Chris Emma @CEmma670
Bears safety Eddie Jackson has been named NFC Defensive Player of the Week.
G08
Hall of Famer

Bill Zimmerman

@ZimmermanSXM
1m1 minute ago
More
Wide Receivers selected in the 2017 NFL Draft that have more touchdowns than Eddie Jackson (@EJackson_4) who has 5:

JuJu Smith-Schuster 11
Cooper Kupp 11
Kenny Golladay 8
Mike Williams 7

That's it.

#DaBears
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

BR0D1E86
MVP

In the last three weeks, the Bears have an offensive player of the week, special teams player of the week, and a defensive player of the week.

Pretty good.
UOK
Site Admin

Was just named NFC defensive player of the month of November!
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Hell YES!!

The second-year safety helped lead the Bears to a perfect 4-0 record, scoring three defensive touchdowns while recording 15 tackles, two interceptions, one forced fumble, one fumble recovery and four pass breakups.

That's some serious shit right there.
G08
Hall of Famer

What a fucking baller!!!

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

nice to see the guys getting the deserved recognition

and Mr. Jackson is doing his best to be on the revered career tracks of players like Fencik and Brown
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
BamaBear09
Assistant Coach

Funkster wrote:I watched 8 of his games on DB. His film isn't impressive, shows more wrong than right. Not sure what Pace and Co. sees in this kid? Only thing I can see as a potential building block is he can stay on the receivers hip on deep balls and has some PB follow through. I don't like this pick at all. Hope I'm wrong.
MoFugger wrote:This is my problem with taking a pre injured player banking on his recovery and his highlight reel as explained by an NFL scout......

The scout told NFL.com that Jackson was a product of Alabama’s loaded defense and “cherry-picked” bad passes to pad his stats before suffering a season-ending injury in 2016.

“He had like 10 first-rounders in front of him and lockdown corners who almost never needed help,” the scout told NFL.com. “He got to sit back and cherry-pick overthrows. That’s great work if you can get it.”

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk
Because I am petty, I would like to point out these two horrible takes right after the draft in 2017, I'll let Doctor Cox handle it from here...

His run support still needs work but you don't draft a centerfield safety for his tackling ability, you get him to help swing/seal a game with a perfectly timed pick six....
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

BamaBear09 wrote:
Funkster wrote:I watched 8 of his games on DB. His film isn't impressive, shows more wrong than right. Not sure what Pace and Co. sees in this kid? Only thing I can see as a potential building block is he can stay on the receivers hip on deep balls and has some PB follow through. I don't like this pick at all. Hope I'm wrong.
MoFugger wrote:This is my problem with taking a pre injured player banking on his recovery and his highlight reel as explained by an NFL scout......

The scout told NFL.com that Jackson was a product of Alabama’s loaded defense and “cherry-picked” bad passes to pad his stats before suffering a season-ending injury in 2016.

“He had like 10 first-rounders in front of him and lockdown corners who almost never needed help,” the scout told NFL.com. “He got to sit back and cherry-pick overthrows. That’s great work if you can get it.”

Because I am petty, I would like to point out these two horrible takes right after the draft in 2017, I'll let Doctor Cox handle it from here...

His run support still needs work but you don't draft a centerfield safety for his tackling ability, you get him to help swing/seal a game with a perfectly timed pick six....
HAHA! That's funny. It's always fun to go back and see how wrong you were about something. You could fill an entire website with my content.
G08
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
BamaBear09 wrote:

HAHA! That's funny. It's always fun to go back and see how wrong you were about something. You could fill an entire website with my content.
G08 wrote:The only thing I don't like about him is that he's soft in run-support, and a poor tackler as other posters have addressed here.

Good thing we have Amos for that.

I like this kid as a true center-fielder.
:D

KOP_Snake
Head Coach

To be fair, he still has a loaded defense in front of him allowing him to cherry pick.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

KOP_Snake wrote:To be fair, he still has a loaded defense in front of him allowing him to cherry pick.

I disagree. Cherry picking is catching balls that have been tipped, or their flight affected at the line of scrimmage. That's not the case here. Eddie is playing complimentary defense. He knows how good the pass rush is, he knows if the call is a blitz that the QB is going to turn to the hot route, and he's jumping it. Eddie is diagnosing the play and making the right call. That's a shitload different than a tip drill.
Pagan
MVP

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
KOP_Snake wrote:To be fair, he still has a loaded defense in front of him allowing him to cherry pick.

I disagree. Cherry picking is catching balls that have been tipped, or their flight affected at the line of scrimmage. That's not the case here. Eddie is playing complimentary defense. He knows how good the pass rush is, he knows if the call is a blitz that the QB is going to turn to the hot route, and he's jumping it. Eddie is diagnosing the play and making the right call. That's a shitload different than a tip drill.
Right.

The video breakdown Clearly shows Action Jackson diagnosing/anticipating the play & breaking on the route BEFORE the WR finishes his route.

This isn't simply a DB catching overthrown passes that are coming right to him.
The dude is purposefully showining up to the scene of crimes & straight ROBBING fools.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Pagan wrote:
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:

Right.

The video breakdown Clearly shows Action Jackson diagnosing/anticipating the play & breaking on the route BEFORE the WR finishes his route.

The dude is purposefully showining up to the scene of crimes & straight ROBBING fools.
Or as Brett Kollmann said, "robbing you fucking blind..."
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
Pagan wrote:
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:

Right.

Or as Brett Kollmann said, "robbing you fucking blind..."

Gary Fencik was also a safety who was a master at reading defenses and breaking on the routes before the WR ... difference he, Fencik wanted to get there when the ball did so he could knock the receiver into neverland ... Jackson is wanting to get there to get the ball

what should be frightening to the rest of the NFL is Jackson is this good at it in only his second year ... if the Bears front 7 continues to do their jobs, Jackson will have many more opportunities to rob teams blind ... and it will be fun to watch each and every time
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
KOP_Snake
Head Coach

I was saying that better players make each other better. Jackson doesn't do this well if the Browns or Bucs draft him.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

KOP_Snake wrote:I was saying that better players make each other better. Jackson doesn't do this well if the Browns or Bucs draft him.
Well, players and coaching obviously. I strongly believe Aaron Rodgers is just an average QB today if Angelo/Lovie drafts him back in 05.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

KOP_Snake wrote:I was saying that better players make each other better. Jackson doesn't do this well if the Browns or Bucs draft him.
No doubt. When we traded for Mack, the first thing I said was that it instantly made our secondary better. Jackson is able to do the things he is doing because of an effective pass rush. Cherry pick to me connotes a sense of laziness or waiting for something to happen, and winning without a lot of effort. I think that Jackson's ability to diagnose defenses and play complimentary defense is second to none in the NFL. And to your point, he's able to do it because of the pass rush.