The Rolling Stones

Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs/Sox, & general discussion

Moderator: wab

Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

I have to admit that in my 20's and 30's I wasn't the biggest fan of the Stones. I liked The Who, and I've always LOVED Pink Floyd, but the Rolling Stones never did it for me. Now that I'm pushing 50, it's weird. There is something new that I appreciate about them. Maybe it's the bluesy sound, or the incredible lyrics. But whatever it is, I have become a HUGE fan here late in my 40's.
G08
Hall of Famer

I love love love the Rolling Stones, thinking hard about overpaying to go to one of their shows this summer. Never thought I'd get the chance to see them and this might be my last shot!
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:I love love love the Rolling Stones, thinking hard about overpaying to go to one of their shows this summer. Never thought I'd get the chance to see them and this might be my last shot!

Man, I am thinking about going to the show at Soldier Field. I just know the tickets are going to be $300+. Which is beyond my budget.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Never hated the Stones, but never liked them enough to buy their music. Enjoyed some of their stuff on the radio and through friends. Over the weekend saw some of their Havana Moon concert from 2010. Didn't do much for me. 8 yrs have went by and I can't see them being any better.

I am budget conscious when it comes to music. I will never pay over $100 for anyone, not even bucket list peeps. Hell, it hurt me to pay $75 to see the Eagles about 4 yrs ago. Glad I did, it was probably the best concert I have seen, musically.

Most of the bands I dig are geriatrics now and some of them I don't want to see, would have rather seen them years ago. Seger still touring, but just don't want to see the old man looking dude barely getting around on stage.

Saw Kansas 10 yrs ago, their 35th Anniversary Tour, damn. Thank goodness Steve Walsh was still with them at the time. They played with WIU's symphonic orchestra. Awesome as hell. Last minute go and it was under $30.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote: I am budget conscious when it comes to music. I will never pay over $100 for anyone, not even bucket list peeps. Hell, it hurt me to pay $75 to see the Eagles about 4 yrs ago. Glad I did, it was probably the best concert I have seen, musically.

Most of the bands I dig are geriatrics now and some of them I don't want to see, would have rather seen them years ago. Seger still touring, but just don't want to see the old man looking dude barely getting around on stage.

Saw Kansas 10 yrs ago, their 35th Anniversary Tour, damn. Thank goodness Steve Walsh was still with them at the time. They played with WIU's symphonic orchestra. Awesome as hell. Last minute go and it was under $30.
Did you see it in Moline? You must have, because I'm pretty sure it was $100 minimum in Rosemont.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_o ... in_Concert" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Very good show.
Not quite my favorite, though. Coincidentally, that would be the first time I saw Kansas, back in 89. Not long after the Elefante version of the band disintegrated and Steve Walsh reformed it with Steve Morse doing guitar/violin.

:headbang: :pirate:
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

It was in Moline and the only reason I got sub $100 was I was able, somehow to get in on the vender sales. I was still at the opposite end of the arena. Didn't bother me. Pisses me off they are touring. They should have shut that bitch down as soon as Frey died. You know they don't need money.

Morse was not with Kansas when I saw them. I would not see them now. The new singer sounds really good, but when I saw them they were as close to original as they were going to get.

I try to stick to small venue shows now. I love the blues and you can see top notch blues acts (outside of Bonamassa) pretty damn cheap. Bar in my town that brings in well known blues acts and tix are never over $25.

Did take my wife to see Kenny G on Saturday night. Paid $55 for that. Wife was happy so I was happy. Whether you like him or jazz, he was pretty fucking amazing.