2018 NFC North Champions: Chicago Bears

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

G08
Hall of Famer

wab + Leno Jr = engagement and NFC North Champs.

Discuss :lol:
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

EricTighe
MVP

A Rams loss tonight and we will be in a position to get the number two seed in the Playoffs.

Son and I talking about how it is possible for us to win out and everything coming through Chicago in January to get to the promised land. If the Rams lose tonight it is looking more and more possible. As long as the Cowboys get the Saints in round two.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Loss to the Giants pisses me off.

HOpefully this is the start of many more NFCN championships.
KOP_Snake
Head Coach

Rams lost. That Giants game really stings now. I might have higher hopes if the Rams last 2 opponents weren't AZ and SF.
KOP_Snake
Head Coach

Any anyone thinking the Bears are better off without a bye/extended time off, consider that those losses that came after were away games. I'd much rather take a bye week with a home game in the divisional round than go on the road while keeping the "rust" off. Only home game lost was against the Patriots special teams.
docc
Head Coach

Rams did not look good again..Eagles had Foles..and a poor year.. We'll see.. You have to win wherever you need to play..
NFL channel Gameday Prime..Moron Deion has been disrespecting Bears..tonight he tells Charrisa Thompson " you wearing those Bears colors" She has orange dress with Navy stripes..
Charissa " You know why ? I like WINNERS" Bam !

Bears one game back of Rams..and have tie breaker..

Need to win out..
malk
Head Coach

All of the losses hurt but I honestly think I want to be in the wild card round. When was the last time a head coach and QB won a ring on their first trip to the playoffs? If we get the 2nd seed our 1st playoff game will likely be against the Rams or the Saints, I'd rather build confidence for future seasons with a game against the Vikings, Cowboys or Seahawks, hopefully a win and then a game in adversity @ the Rams.

Dream scenario for me is a thumping home win in the wild card round and then another statement victory over the unravelling Rams. This of course sets up a Super Bowl of Mahomes vs Trubisky which is just wild!
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
EricTighe
MVP

malk that would leave us the Saints in the Championship Game and then the Superbowl.

Well, let us hope the Saints lose tonight as well. Then things get interesting.
malk
Head Coach

EricTighe wrote:malk that would leave us the Saints in the Championship Game and then the Superbowl.

Well, let us hope the Saints lose tonight as well. Then things get interesting.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200701210chi.htm

I was just thinking of 2006, didn't forget about the NFC Championship Game or anything...
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
KhalilSackDaddy
Practice Squad

That Eagles team just seems to respond well w/Foles in the game, I wouldn't put to much into them beating LA w/Foles in there. That was just the 2nd time all year that team has scored 30.

Add in the fact that the last few weeks teams have started to figure out how to stop that O, and how over rated that Def really is. Suh/Folwer/Talib/Peterson have been mostly quiet. It's just Donald out there, and he's been shut down w/double teams. No one on that def seems to be able to step up w/him out. That O was all Gurly and play action pass off the def having to sell out for Gurly. Shut down Gurly early and put it all on Goff and he crumbles quick.

I wouldn't put it out of hands that SF, w/the way they are playing, could beat them. But I wouldn't put money on it either. So ya that NY game really hurts. Bears still need to finish their business all the same, Minny is now fighting for their playoff lives and again SF isn't great but they aren't playing terrible. Need to finish off these 2 games to stand a chance.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

I am not looking backwards at all. Our losses are our losses. That's the way it goes. I think that the Bears are peaking at the right time, and the Rams are getting shaky. The cover has been pulled off of the offense, and the secret is, stop Gurley, and you stop the Rams. Goff is starting to struggle, and if his confidence goes, the Rams are done. Goff doesn't have the experience or the history to fall back on. If he starts to lose faith in his ability to deliver the ball, or make the right read. The 9'ers could easily beat them the way they are playing right now.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

May be my good luck outfit. Wore this prior to the Rams game and put it on prior to leaving for my family function yesterday.

Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote:May be my good luck outfit. Wore this prior to the Rams game and put it on prior to leaving for my family function yesterday.

Out-fucking-standing!
G08
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote:May be my good luck outfit. Wore this prior to the Rams game and put it on prior to leaving for my family function yesterday.

God I fucking love it :lol:

Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Just awesome!

I'm not posting a picture, but today at work I'm wearing my blue and white checked button down shirt with my dark blue T-shirt over the top that says in orange letters "There's no crying in football, unless you're Green Bay". Getting many good reactions to that. :evilgrin:
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

I wore my Richard Dent jersey for the Rams game and then wore it again for the Packer game ... I'm having that as my go to game day attire the rest of the season
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

my little cubicle at work. This stuff is up year around and I add and subtract from it off and on.
docc
Head Coach

At work ..As usual..I wear my 20 plus year old Bears Hat..washed out..and so comfortable..
46Blitz
Assistant Coach

I wear my #9 jersey, dated from 85...
VA_Mountain_Bear
Crafty Veteran

You are a KING in a BEARS luchador mask sir. A King.
UOK
Site Admin

G08
Hall of Famer

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

HurricaneBear
Head Coach

Division Champs!! I forgot how good this feeling is! Here's to hoping this ride doesn't stop here and they finish the job they started!
Richie
MVP

KOP_Snake wrote:Rams lost. That Giants game really stings now. I might have higher hopes if the Rams last 2 opponents weren't AZ and SF.
The Miami loss pisses me off more than the Giants game. We deserved to lose the Giants game, I predicted as much that we would and we got outplayed.

We beat the Miami Dolphins and completely gave it away with a handful of stupid ass plays. Whether it was not tackling Albert Wilson a couple times, Cohen/Howard's fumbles, Trubisky's red zone INT when a FG likely puts it away or Parkey's missed FG. I mean, any one of those things don't happen and we win.
Bearfacts
MVP

1) Beat Packers
2) Eliminate Packers
3) Clinch NFCN Crown

A winning trio. Nice way to do it.

Just wished I'd believed hard enough back in August and bet $100 just on them winning the NFCN. That would have been a very nice Christmas present to collect.
BR0D1E86
MVP

Z Bear
MVP

Richie wrote: The Miami loss pisses me off more than the Giants game. We deserved to lose the Giants game, I predicted as much that we would and we got outplayed.

We beat the Miami Dolphins and completely gave it away with a handful of stupid ass plays. Whether it was not tackling Albert Wilson a couple times, Cohen/Howard's fumbles, Trubisky's red zone INT when a FG likely puts it away or Parkey's missed FG. I mean, any one of those things don't happen and we win.

This x 10000.....especially since I was melting in the stands there
BR0D1E86
MVP

Gurley is questionable with a knee injury against the Cardinals. He’ll probably play, but if their run game doesn’t work the Rams could conceivably have another melt down today.

That two seed is close...
Ormazd
MVP

BR0D1E86 wrote:Gurley is questionable with a knee injury against the Cardinals. He’ll probably play, but if their run game doesn’t work the Rams could conceivably have another melt down today.

That two seed is close...
ESPN saying Gurley is OUT.