Patriots : Josh Gordon leaving the team

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Josh Gordon says he is stepping away to focus on mental health; source says he faces possible suspension
New England Patriots receiver Josh Gordon said Thursday that he is stepping away from football to focus on his mental health.

In a statement on Twitter, Gordon said: "I take my mental health very seriously at this point to ensure I remain able to perform at the highest level. I have recently felt like I could have a better grasp on things mentally. With that said, I will be stepping away from the football field for a bit to focus on my mental health."

Gordon went on to thank coach Bill Belichick, team owner Robert Kraft, the Patriots organization and the fans. A short time later, the Patriots said in a statement that they support Gordon "in his continued efforts to focus on his health."

A source told ESPN's Dan Graziano that Gordon is facing a potential suspension for violating the terms of his conditional reinstatement under the NFL's drug policy. The final punishment has yet to be decided, but the expectation is that Gordon will not play again this season.

NFL Network first reported that Gordon could be suspended.

well, I guess he can kiss his NFL career goodbye

I think it was almost unanimous in thinking Gordon's job with the Patriots was pretty much his last gasp at straightening himself out ... if he did in fact violate the terms of his re-instatement, he is done

if he actually is being honest and is going to earnestly seek help getting himself sorted out in life, whether or not there is football in his future, then I wish him success

based on his track record though, it is kind of hard to give him the benefit of the doubt
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
UOK
Site Admin

Just kinda needs to get out of the NFL for a bit. Maybe never come back. If drugs are a part of his life and his mental health isn't straight, stay away.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

He isn't ever getting back in.

I don't care what his background is, he has had so many chances and failed so many tests it's flat out ridiculous.
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

UOK wrote:Just kinda needs to get out of the NFL for a bit. Maybe never come back. If drugs are a part of his life and his mental health isn't straight, stay away.
The drugs are probably why his mental health is in decline.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
docc
Head Coach

Drugs and Stupidity go a long way on the road he's on..

Goodbye..