This is a solid message board

The latest Bears news and talk

Moderators: wab, RING4CHI, Pagan

User avatar
BuddyRyans46
Practice Squad
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:16 pm

This is a solid message board

Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:39 pm

...there seem to be a high % of pretty knowledgeable Bears fans who post here. I have enjoyed the threads which I have read, and the responses which I have gotten to my questions. I like the fact that this board (unlike CCS) isn't overrun by trolls and message board idiots who post from multiple alts/socks and who try to create their own lame "schtick/online persona", etc.

I just wish that this board was busier/had more members, but I guess that is the trade-off. The more people who come here to post, the more likely it is that the board will be overrun by the types of posters I mentioned above.
jamus34
Practice Squad
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:15 pm

Re: This is a solid message board

Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:43 pm

A lot of members came over from the old KFFL boards.

It's a good group. I don't post as much as I use to (life has gotten in the way) but there are a number of solid members here.
User avatar
Teddy KGB
Practice Squad
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:43 am

Re: This is a solid message board

Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:54 pm

Some of us are refugees as well from ChiCitySports, which seems busy until you realize that more than half the posters post there under 5 different accounts each and the whole goal is to troll the shit out of people.

This is a much better moderated board (but I too wish it was busier).
User avatar
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer
Location: Berwyn, IL
Posts: 7777
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:06 am

Re: This is a solid message board

Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:51 am

It's a great board. Primarily because everyone respects each other, and the main objective is gaining a better understanding of the Bears, and football in general. I have learned more on this board about offense, defense, route concepts, blocking schemes, etc. then I could list in one post. I have developed cyber friendships, and I get a solid laugh almost everyday from this group. The board is very unique, and the moderators do a phenomenal job of making sure it stays that way.
User avatar
AlfaMack
Rookie
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:31 am

Re: This is a solid message board

Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:37 am

When looking for a board I almost signed up to CCS!! Glad I did some investigation work first.
User avatar
Mikefive
Head Coach
Location: Valparaiso, IN, USA
Posts: 3232
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:33 pm

Re: This is a solid message board

Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:22 am

The mods deserve most of the credit. They don't put up with stupid crap. One way or another, that drives the trolls away. I'm baffled as to why good boards like this don't get mushrooming membership.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
User avatar
Otis Day
Hall of Famer
Location: Armpit of IL.
Posts: 5192
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:43 pm

Re: This is a solid message board

Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:32 am

Mikefive wrote:The mods deserve most of the credit. They don't put up with stupid crap. One way or another, that drives the trolls away. I'm baffled as to why good boards like this don't get mushrooming membership.
A lot of peeps like to be blowhards and douches, the boards that allow that kind of shit blossom. This board is full of peeps that want to talk football and not be pains in the ass. Boards I was on in the past were pretty much full of trolls. While that can be fun at times, the majority of the time it is not.

Great board, thanks mods. Nice that this has blossomed from the ashes of the webway monsters/monsters of the webway, whatever the hell it was.
User avatar
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer
Location: Berwyn, IL
Posts: 7777
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:06 am

Re: This is a solid message board

Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:38 am

AlfaMack wrote:When looking for a board I almost signed up to CCS!! Glad I did some investigation work first.
Welcome to BFO! :welcome:
User avatar
wab
Mod
Posts: 19687
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:49 pm

Re: This is a solid message board

Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:15 am

While we as a mod/admin team talk about increasing traffic, we do keep it pretty restricted here by design. Trolls, assholes, and football stupids don't last more than a few posts here... whether it's because we boot them or because they rage quit and send us a flurry of PM's telling us what terrible people we are.

We don't all always get along, but we pride ourselves on being knowledgeable, balanced, and realistic (mostly).
User avatar
Ormazd
MVP
Location: Peoples Republic of Virginia
Posts: 1261
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:08 pm

Re: This is a solid message board

Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:20 am

Kumbaya, motherfuckers. Kumbaya.
Image
User avatar
Boris13c
Hall of Famer
Contact:
Location: The Bear Nebula
Posts: 14652
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:30 am

Re: This is a solid message board

Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:27 am

Ormazd wrote:Kumbaya, motherfuckers. Kumbaya.

:clap:
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin

Image
BLOG : Emissions from the Bears Nebula
User avatar
G08
Hall of Famer
Location: Sweet Home Chicago
Posts: 14903
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:34 pm

Re: This is a solid message board

Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:37 am

Our tolerance for stupid people and assholes/trolls is pretty low, and a lot of us OGs care about this place more than any one human should care about a message board :wink:
Image

See it -- Trust it -- Rip it

"I don't care about numbers, I care about letters" -- Matt Nagy
User avatar
BuddyRyans46
Practice Squad
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:16 pm

Re: This is a solid message board

Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:23 am

yeah, I agree with what all of you just said. My point about wishing the board was busier, I guess, was just that it would be cool if ALL or at least MOST of the knowledgeable Bears fans who post on message boards, all congregated at the same place. As someone else said, you would think that that would be the case.

I am a refugee from the old Official Chicago Bears team site message board. I used to really enjoy that board, but then obviously the team shut it down. I assume that at least some of you guys used to post on that board as well.
User avatar
Otis Day
Hall of Famer
Location: Armpit of IL.
Posts: 5192
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:43 pm

Re: This is a solid message board

Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:36 am

Was not a big poster there. My main board years ago was the football huddles. It was a site that had a section for each team. It was divided by division and each division site had a smack board forum. It was a great place but closed.
User avatar
wab
Mod
Posts: 19687
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:49 pm

Re: This is a solid message board

Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:30 pm

BuddyRyans46 wrote:yeah, I agree with what all of you just said. My point about wishing the board was busier, I guess, was just that it would be cool if ALL or at least MOST of the knowledgeable Bears fans who post on message boards, all congregated at the same place. As someone else said, you would think that that would be the case.

I am a refugee from the old Official Chicago Bears team site message board. I used to really enjoy that board, but then obviously the team shut it down. I assume that at least some of you guys used to post on that board as well.
Every time a board shuts down, we get a huge influx of members. And while this may sound bad, the majority of those members don't belong here. The good ones stay and have been valuable contributors.
User avatar
Knuckles
Player of the Month
Posts: 262
Joined: Wed May 02, 2018 1:49 pm

Re: This is a solid message board

Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:51 pm

I posted once on ChiShittySports after I left Scouts site and got nothing but trolls badmouthing me for no reason at all other than to make it about them like children. I'm too old for middle school antics. Never went back and never will lol.

I used to think I was pretty knowledgeable about the football until I came up here and read most of the posts lol. I know Bears history but the Xs and Os I'll leave up to you guys from now on. :)

This site reminds me of the early 90s BearReport days as far as being chill and having very knowledgeable fans. Keep up the good work!
”Damn -- Khalil Mack had another strip sack?” Gruden asked rhetorically, shaking his head at the Oakland Raiders assistant coaches in his midst. “Are you ... kidding me?”
User avatar
thunderspirit
Crafty Veteran
Location: Greater Chicagoland, IL
Posts: 864
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:51 pm

Re: This is a solid message board

Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:52 pm

G08 wrote:Our tolerance for stupid people ... is pretty low
No idea how I'm still here then. :stupid:

This is a good board. Many KFFL refugees made our way here and found a home.
KFFL refugee.

This space for rent.
User avatar
BuddyRyans46
Practice Squad
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:16 pm

Re: This is a solid message board

Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:39 pm

Knuckles wrote:I posted once on ChiShittySports after I left Scouts site and got nothing but trolls badmouthing me for no reason at all other than to make it about them like children. I'm too old for middle school antics. Never went back and never will lol.

I used to think I was pretty knowledgeable about the football until I came up here and read most of the posts lol. I know Bears history but the Xs and Os I'll leave up to you guys from now on. :)

This site reminds me of the early 90s BearReport days as far as being chill and having very knowledgeable fans. Keep up the good work!

^^haha I remember you from the Scout.com board! You used to be "daknuckles" over there, right? I remembery our avatar. I tried that board a few times years ago, but it was always dead as hell over there. I was always surprised by the lack of popular Bears message boards on the internet. It's good to see you again.
BR0D1E86
MVP
Posts: 1444
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:50 am

This is a solid message board

Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:46 pm

thunderspirit wrote:
G08 wrote:Our tolerance for stupid people ... is pretty low
No idea how I'm still here then. :stupid:

This is a good board. Many KFFL refugees made our way here and found a home.
That’s where I came from. You can usually see within a post or two when somebody is hurtling towards the ban hammer. The mods obviously do a great job of keeping the board clean.
User avatar
UOK
Site Admin
Location: Champaign, IL
Posts: 20412
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:07 am

Re: This is a solid message board

Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:34 pm

Thanks for all the input and compliments! I don’t put up with much, so when trolls arrive it gets very tiresome, but they run out of energy and move on to more fertile pastures.
Image
BearsFanInMN
Journeyman
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:58 pm

Re: This is a solid message board

Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:33 pm

I don't post as much as I'd like to, but enjoy this board a lot.
User avatar
VA_Mountain_Bear
Assistant Coach
Posts: 538
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:19 am

Re: This is a solid message board

Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:01 pm

I came here after the closure of the old official CBMB. That place was a storm of chaos. This board has been a million times better.
User avatar
mmmc_35
Head Coach
Posts: 4685
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:25 am

Re: This is a solid message board

Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:22 pm

Everyone here is an ass hat, but they are our kind of ass hats.
User avatar
docc
Head Coach
Location: Dry Heat
Posts: 2438
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:33 pm

Re: This is a solid message board

Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:27 pm

I came here..
Court ordered Community Service..
User avatar
Mikefive
Head Coach
Location: Valparaiso, IN, USA
Posts: 3232
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:33 pm

Re: This is a solid message board

Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:07 pm

mmmc_35 wrote:Everyone here is an ass hat, but they are our kind of ass hats.
:rofl:
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
User avatar
southdakbearfan
Head Coach
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 2162
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:23 pm

Re: This is a solid message board

Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:14 pm

mmmc_35 wrote:Everyone here is an ass hat, but they are our kind of ass hats.
Hey, I resemble that comment.
User avatar
malk
Head Coach
Posts: 2414
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:10 am

Re: This is a solid message board

Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:18 am

southdakbearfan wrote:
mmmc_35 wrote:Everyone here is an ass hat, but they are our kind of ass hats.
Hey, I resemble that comment.
Stealing this!
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.
User avatar
Z Bear
Journeyman
Posts: 217
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:45 am

Re: This is a solid message board

Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:19 am

mmmc_35 wrote:Everyone here is an ass hat, but they are our kind of ass hats.
That should go on the right side of the banner up top now that it is 2019!
User avatar
BearsGuy
Rookie
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:29 pm

Re: This is a solid message board

Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:31 pm

Otis Day wrote:
Mikefive wrote:The mods deserve most of the credit. They don't put up with stupid crap. One way or another, that drives the trolls away. I'm baffled as to why good boards like this don't get mushrooming membership.
A lot of peeps like to be blowhards and douches, the boards that allow that kind of shit blossom. This board is full of peeps that want to talk football and not be pains in the ass. Boards I was on in the past were pretty much full of trolls. While that can be fun at times, the majority of the time it is not.

Great board, thanks mods. Nice that this has blossomed from the ashes of the webway monsters/monsters of the webway, whatever the hell it was.
I'm from NC and a Panthers fan as well as Bears fan. I have significantly reduced my traffic to my main Panthers board because the mods don't seem to do much other than tell the trolls to knock it off. The board doesn't really allow profanity, but most of the threads over there devolve into shouting matches and insults. It's not that fun. This place seems a lot better.
User avatar
Bad Flanders
MVP
Posts: 1861
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:35 pm

Re: This is a solid message board

Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:33 pm

I unfriend ALL OF YOU!

Return to “Halas Hall”