This is a solid message board

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

BuddyRyans46
Practice Squad

...there seem to be a high % of pretty knowledgeable Bears fans who post here. I have enjoyed the threads which I have read, and the responses which I have gotten to my questions. I like the fact that this board (unlike CCS) isn't overrun by trolls and message board idiots who post from multiple alts/socks and who try to create their own lame "schtick/online persona", etc.

I just wish that this board was busier/had more members, but I guess that is the trade-off. The more people who come here to post, the more likely it is that the board will be overrun by the types of posters I mentioned above.
jamus34
Journeyman

A lot of members came over from the old KFFL boards.

It's a good group. I don't post as much as I use to (life has gotten in the way) but there are a number of solid members here.
Teddy KGB
Pro Bowler

Some of us are refugees as well from ChiCitySports, which seems busy until you realize that more than half the posters post there under 5 different accounts each and the whole goal is to troll the shit out of people.

This is a much better moderated board (but I too wish it was busier).
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

It's a great board. Primarily because everyone respects each other, and the main objective is gaining a better understanding of the Bears, and football in general. I have learned more on this board about offense, defense, route concepts, blocking schemes, etc. then I could list in one post. I have developed cyber friendships, and I get a solid laugh almost everyday from this group. The board is very unique, and the moderators do a phenomenal job of making sure it stays that way.
AlfaMack
Rookie

When looking for a board I almost signed up to CCS!! Glad I did some investigation work first.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

The mods deserve most of the credit. They don't put up with stupid crap. One way or another, that drives the trolls away. I'm baffled as to why good boards like this don't get mushrooming membership.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Mikefive wrote:The mods deserve most of the credit. They don't put up with stupid crap. One way or another, that drives the trolls away. I'm baffled as to why good boards like this don't get mushrooming membership.
A lot of peeps like to be blowhards and douches, the boards that allow that kind of shit blossom. This board is full of peeps that want to talk football and not be pains in the ass. Boards I was on in the past were pretty much full of trolls. While that can be fun at times, the majority of the time it is not.

Great board, thanks mods. Nice that this has blossomed from the ashes of the webway monsters/monsters of the webway, whatever the hell it was.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

AlfaMack wrote:When looking for a board I almost signed up to CCS!! Glad I did some investigation work first.
Welcome to BFO! :welcome:
wab
Mod

While we as a mod/admin team talk about increasing traffic, we do keep it pretty restricted here by design. Trolls, assholes, and football stupids don't last more than a few posts here... whether it's because we boot them or because they rage quit and send us a flurry of PM's telling us what terrible people we are.

We don't all always get along, but we pride ourselves on being knowledgeable, balanced, and realistic (mostly).
Ormazd
MVP

Kumbaya, motherfuckers. Kumbaya.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Ormazd wrote:Kumbaya, motherfuckers. Kumbaya.

:clap:
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
G08
Hall of Famer

Our tolerance for stupid people and assholes/trolls is pretty low, and a lot of us OGs care about this place more than any one human should care about a message board :wink:
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

BuddyRyans46
Practice Squad

yeah, I agree with what all of you just said. My point about wishing the board was busier, I guess, was just that it would be cool if ALL or at least MOST of the knowledgeable Bears fans who post on message boards, all congregated at the same place. As someone else said, you would think that that would be the case.

I am a refugee from the old Official Chicago Bears team site message board. I used to really enjoy that board, but then obviously the team shut it down. I assume that at least some of you guys used to post on that board as well.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Was not a big poster there. My main board years ago was the football huddles. It was a site that had a section for each team. It was divided by division and each division site had a smack board forum. It was a great place but closed.
wab
Mod

BuddyRyans46 wrote:yeah, I agree with what all of you just said. My point about wishing the board was busier, I guess, was just that it would be cool if ALL or at least MOST of the knowledgeable Bears fans who post on message boards, all congregated at the same place. As someone else said, you would think that that would be the case.

I am a refugee from the old Official Chicago Bears team site message board. I used to really enjoy that board, but then obviously the team shut it down. I assume that at least some of you guys used to post on that board as well.
Every time a board shuts down, we get a huge influx of members. And while this may sound bad, the majority of those members don't belong here. The good ones stay and have been valuable contributors.
Knuckles
Player of the Month

I posted once on ChiShittySports after I left Scouts site and got nothing but trolls badmouthing me for no reason at all other than to make it about them like children. I'm too old for middle school antics. Never went back and never will lol.

I used to think I was pretty knowledgeable about the football until I came up here and read most of the posts lol. I know Bears history but the Xs and Os I'll leave up to you guys from now on. :)

This site reminds me of the early 90s BearReport days as far as being chill and having very knowledgeable fans. Keep up the good work!
”Damn -- Khalil Mack had another strip sack?” Gruden asked rhetorically, shaking his head at the Oakland Raiders assistant coaches in his midst. “Are you ... kidding me?”
thunderspirit
Head Coach

G08 wrote:Our tolerance for stupid people ... is pretty low
No idea how I'm still here then. :stupid:

This is a good board. Many KFFL refugees made our way here and found a home.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
BuddyRyans46
Practice Squad

Knuckles wrote:I posted once on ChiShittySports after I left Scouts site and got nothing but trolls badmouthing me for no reason at all other than to make it about them like children. I'm too old for middle school antics. Never went back and never will lol.

I used to think I was pretty knowledgeable about the football until I came up here and read most of the posts lol. I know Bears history but the Xs and Os I'll leave up to you guys from now on. :)

This site reminds me of the early 90s BearReport days as far as being chill and having very knowledgeable fans. Keep up the good work!

^^haha I remember you from the Scout.com board! You used to be "daknuckles" over there, right? I remembery our avatar. I tried that board a few times years ago, but it was always dead as hell over there. I was always surprised by the lack of popular Bears message boards on the internet. It's good to see you again.
BR0D1E86
MVP

thunderspirit wrote:
G08 wrote:Our tolerance for stupid people ... is pretty low
No idea how I'm still here then. :stupid:

This is a good board. Many KFFL refugees made our way here and found a home.
That’s where I came from. You can usually see within a post or two when somebody is hurtling towards the ban hammer. The mods obviously do a great job of keeping the board clean.
UOK
Site Admin

Thanks for all the input and compliments! I don’t put up with much, so when trolls arrive it gets very tiresome, but they run out of energy and move on to more fertile pastures.
BearsFanInMN
Crafty Veteran

I don't post as much as I'd like to, but enjoy this board a lot.
MOTML League: Eskimo Brothers
VA_Mountain_Bear
Crafty Veteran

I came here after the closure of the old official CBMB. That place was a storm of chaos. This board has been a million times better.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Everyone here is an ass hat, but they are our kind of ass hats.
docc
Head Coach

I came here..
Court ordered Community Service..
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

mmmc_35 wrote:Everyone here is an ass hat, but they are our kind of ass hats.
:rofl:
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Hey, I resemble that comment.
malk
Head Coach

southdakbearfan wrote:
Hey, I resemble that comment.
Stealing this!
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
Z Bear
MVP

That should go on the right side of the banner up top now that it is 2019!
BearsGuy
Rookie

Otis Day wrote:
Mikefive wrote:The mods deserve most of the credit. They don't put up with stupid crap. One way or another, that drives the trolls away. I'm baffled as to why good boards like this don't get mushrooming membership.
A lot of peeps like to be blowhards and douches, the boards that allow that kind of shit blossom. This board is full of peeps that want to talk football and not be pains in the ass. Boards I was on in the past were pretty much full of trolls. While that can be fun at times, the majority of the time it is not.

Great board, thanks mods. Nice that this has blossomed from the ashes of the webway monsters/monsters of the webway, whatever the hell it was.
I'm from NC and a Panthers fan as well as Bears fan. I have significantly reduced my traffic to my main Panthers board because the mods don't seem to do much other than tell the trolls to knock it off. The board doesn't really allow profanity, but most of the threads over there devolve into shouting matches and insults. It's not that fun. This place seems a lot better.
Bad Flanders
MVP

I unfriend ALL OF YOU!