Vic Fangio appreciation thread

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Mikefive
Hall of Famer

I need to get my mind off of the pursuit of his replacement. So...

Thanks to Vic Fangio! You took over a defense at or near the bottom of the league. You navigated your way thru John Fox's involvement and once all the pieces arrived, you chose to stay and work with Nagy, orchestrating a defense that was the envy of 31 other NFL teams.

I audaciously stated a couple years ago that you might be the best X's and O's coach the Bears have EVER had. I don't regret that statement today. I hope that the defense you setup here lives on to continued greatness. But part of me fears that without you pulling the strings, it may not reach that level again. I hope I'm wrong.

So thank you for everything you brought to the Chicago Bears, which--among other things--brought our defense back from the dregs to greatness again! Image
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Thank you for your deeply insightful press conferences, riddled with monosyllabic responses. Your ability to fully not give a shit about what anyone though of your game plan, will live forever in Chicago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dplank
Hall of Famer

Fuck you for leaving.

:flick:
G08
Hall of Famer

Dude took the WORST defense in Chicago Bears history and in 4 years coordinated them to the #1 defense in the NFL.

You will be missed, sir.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS