2019 opponents set

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

We host: Lions, Packers, Vikings, Chiefs, Chargers, Cowboys, Giants and Saints
Road games: Lions, Packers, Vikings, Raiders, Broncos, Eagles, Redskins and Rams

Definitely not a cupcake schedule, but Lions, Raiders, Redskins are manageable road wins, and the Broncos don't scare me with Case Keenum. The home schedule is brutal, but better those teams at home then traveling to their houses.

Early Prediction: 10-6 :evilgrin:
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

16-0
malk
Head Coach

Atkins&Rebel wrote:We host: Lions, Packers, Vikings, Chiefs, Chargers, Cowboys, Giants and Saints
Road games: Lions, Packers, Vikings, Raiders, Broncos, Eagles, Redskins and Rams

Definitely not a cupcake schedule, but Lions, Raiders, Redskins are manageable road wins, and the Broncos don't scare me with Case Keenum. The home schedule is brutal, but better those teams at home then traveling to their houses.

Wow, that's a tough schedule! Chiefs, Chargers, Cowboys, Saints, Eagles, Rams. Lots of difficult games there without mentioning Rodgers twice and the potential for the Vikings to figure some things out.

Gonna have to go back to 12-4 from my earlier 13-3 until we get through the off season.
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
Umbali
MVP

I hope Denver is in DEC..I have to fly back there for my daughters college graduation and my buddy is a season ticket holder
Fantasy Team: Peanut Punchers
EricTighe
MVP

southdakbearfan wrote:16-0

ALways 18-0 before the season begins. SuperBowl or Bust. ( the last statement I seriously mean)
GSH
MVP

finally a road game in LA i can go to, althouugh the coliseum fookin sucks balls
EricTighe
MVP

And to f...ing expensive.

But it means we will definitely get it on the boob tube.

Nice to know someone lives a little bit closer to me.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

malk wrote:
Atkins&Rebel wrote:We host: Lions, Packers, Vikings, Chiefs, Chargers, Cowboys, Giants and Saints

Wow, that's a tough schedule! Chiefs, Chargers, Cowboys, Saints, Eagles, Rams. Lots of difficult games there without mentioning Rodgers twice and the potential for the Vikings to figure some things out.

Gonna have to go back to 12-4 from my earlier 13-3 until we get through the off season.
I never look at next year's schedule and assume degree of difficulty. How many people saw the Bears on this year's schedule and thought it was a cupcake game? Our schedule looked fairly tough for a last place team, but ended up being the easiest in the league. You never know with these things. Things change in ways that are hard to predict.

11-5 :evilgrin:
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

We have a really good chance of sweeping the division which I think we'll do.

Wins: Lions x 2, Packers x 2, Vikings x 2, Chargers, Cowboys, Giants, Chiefs, Raiders, Broncos, Eagles, Redskins

Losses: Rams, Saints

Throw in a game or two that we should win but we don't. A game we should lose but we don't. I still stand by 14-2. The offense will evolve and the defense will still be elite.
docc
Head Coach

I have no idea..never can tell..
Bears have to beat any team in front of them..it dosen't get easier in playoffs..
SC Bear
Journeyman

It's hard to project without knowing the Monday, Thursday, Thanksgiving, and late Sunday games. The Bears should have more games in the above time slots resulting is some additional short weeks. I go 12-4 based on who and where we play these teams and adjust to11-5 based on unknown short weeks.
wab
Mod

I hate to make projections this far in advance. I usually wait until at least after the draft... but I will say that after this year, anything less than 10-6 would be a total disappointment.
docc
Head Coach

..IF the Bears get to NFC champs..and a shot at the SB..I wouldn't care what record we had..

Just get us there..
MoFugger
Head Coach

wab wrote:I hate to make projections this far in advance. I usually wait until at least after the draft... but I will say that after this year, anything less than 10-6 would be a total disappointment.
It's the first time in a long time that I can look at a schedule like that and honestly say that I cannot predict a Bears loss.
Not saying they run the table. But for the first time in a decade, I don't think there is another NFL team we can't beat.
Anything less than 10 wins will be disappointing. But it's going to be fun to watch.