View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Search for:
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:43 am 
Offline
Head Coach
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:43 pm
Posts: 4914
Location: Armpit of IL.
I would never re-sign a punter to a better deal. I would cycle thru punters when bad or when the contract was up. Parkey, is dead to me so that is that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:44 am 
Offline
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:34 pm
Posts: 14540
Location: World Championsville
wab wrote:
Scouting kickers is haaaaaaard though. Some of the best kickers in college over the last few years have been drafted and have failed miserably.

You almost have to find a guy that has talent that has bounced around on a practice squad/preseason roster for a couple years but just hasn't been able to supplant a vet.


Anyone you like on the FA scrapheap?

_________________
Image

"I don't care about numbers, I care about letters" -- Matt Nagy


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:58 am 
Offline
Mod
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:49 pm
Posts: 19323
G08 wrote:
wab wrote:
Scouting kickers is haaaaaaard though. Some of the best kickers in college over the last few years have been drafted and have failed miserably.

You almost have to find a guy that has talent that has bounced around on a practice squad/preseason roster for a couple years but just hasn't been able to supplant a vet.


Anyone you like on the FA scrapheap?

I watched a lot of Nick Rose when he was at Texas. His leg is unbelievable but calling his mechanics inconsistent would be kind. I wanted the Bears to draft him, but they signed Barth and brought in Andy Phillips as a UDFA instead.

Matt McCrane bounced between the Cards and the Raiders but he looked good in limited action and in the preseason.

Taylor Bertolet is another dude I saw a lot of down here when he was at A&M and was pretty highly regarded back in the 2016 draft cycle.

That's about the extent of my knowledge of scrap heap FA's. At least the younger ones.


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:51 am 
Offline
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:34 pm
Posts: 14540
Location: World Championsville
Check out Cole Tracy's story... I'm rooting for this kid.

_________________
Image

"I don't care about numbers, I care about letters" -- Matt Nagy


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:57 am 
Offline
Journeyman
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:49 pm
Posts: 147
Location: Mesa, AZ
I'd love to see Cole Tracy and Josh Lambo brought in to compete.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:04 pm 
Offline
Mod
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:49 pm
Posts: 19323
Tracy is about as consistent as there is in college football right now. And all the bouncing around he's done shows me that he can handle change/adversity. I hate the thought of drafting kickers, but I'd throw a 5th rounder down on him and see what happens.


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:16 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:57 am
Posts: 662
Does anyone else think Parkey might be angling to get released? As it appears that he didn't coordinate with the Bears before going on a freaking talk show in the aftermath of a heartbreaking playoff loss that he played a key role in, that would make him either reckless/extremely out of touch or he knows that it would push the Bears towards turfing him.

The guy hates the traffic he has to battle to practice at Soldier field, he got booed off the field by the fans, is getting roasted in social media. His money is guaranteed, does he want to be cut?


Last edited by WagonForce on Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:17 pm 
Offline
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:34 pm
Posts: 14540
Location: World Championsville
wab wrote:
Tracy is about as consistent as there is in college football right now. And all the bouncing around he's done shows me that he can handle change/adversity. I hate the thought of drafting kickers, but I'd throw a 5th rounder down on him and see what happens.


I don't like it either but this is where we are. Parkey is being paid to go away so we have to off-set that with a low round draft pick.

Is the kid worth a 5th? If Pace is fixated on him then I can see him using a 5th. 3rd/4th IMO should be pegged for a RB and OT.

_________________
Image

"I don't care about numbers, I care about letters" -- Matt Nagy


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:18 pm 
Offline
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:34 pm
Posts: 14540
Location: World Championsville
WagonForce wrote:
Does anyone else think Parkey might be angling to get released? As it appears that he didn't coordinate with the Bears before going on a freaking talk show in the aftermath of a heartbreaking playoff loss that he played a key role in, that would make him either reckless/extremely out of touch or he knows that it would push the Bears towards turfing him.

The guy hates the traffic he has to battle to practice in Solider field, he got booed off the field by the fans, is getting roasted in social media. His money is guaranteed, does he want to be cut?


Not very Christian of him, is it?

I keed...

I think his agents see the writing on the wall and they are trying to save face.

_________________
Image

"I don't care about numbers, I care about letters" -- Matt Nagy


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:54 pm 
Offline
Journeyman
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:49 pm
Posts: 147
Location: Mesa, AZ
PR stunt to pave the way for his new book, "Alive and Kicking"?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: UOK and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group