Trubisky is a Pro Bowler

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

UOK
Site Admin

@patrickfinley
Mitch Trubisky is a Pro Bowler. The #Bears QB will replace Jared Goff at the all-star game.

Last time Bears had a pro bowl QB? 32 years ago.
wab
Mod

Even though it's like a halfhearted pro-bowl appearance, I'm perfectly fine with that.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

You can spin it however you like. Good or bad. The fact is, no one can take it away from him, and in 10 years the stat sheet will just say the number of Pro Bowls he attended, not whether or not he was the 4th alternate.

It does kind of reveal the level of player commitment to that game though...
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

He can check that one off his bucket list now.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

The first of many!!!
WP.1
Player of the Month

very good.

experience.
VA_Mountain_Bear
Crafty Veteran

Just whet the appetite for when he is a 1st team pick.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Any chance he can skip this game? I appreciate the selection, but its an unnecessary risk.
dplank
Hall of Famer

This is probably a stupid post...but, nothing new here lol...

I have always thought Mitch lacked confidence, like you could just see it in his face. Sure, he said the right things and all, but he just had that "kinda scared" look to me. Look at Mahomes/Watson, they just seemed like they belonged, even cocky about it. With Mitch it all felt forced in some way, not a natural "I belong here and I'm going to kick your ass" type of confidence.

So.......short point made long.....I think this Pro Bowl thing might actually help Mitch. Giving him this honor and going out and socializing with the best in the game at the Pro Bowl might really cement in his own mind that he belongs, that he can be a great player, and shake off whatever doubts might have been lurking in the back of his brain.
ursamagnus
Practice Squad

The Marshall Plan wrote:Any chance he can skip this game? I appreciate the selection, but its an unnecessary risk.
Agreed. I want him to "twist his ankle" in practice so he doesn't suit up for the game. I worry that people are going to t-off on him and he won't have the bears oline to protect him
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

AZ_Bearfan wrote:The first of many!!!

fuck that

I want him in Super Bowls, not goddam Pro Bowls
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
G08
Hall of Famer

I'm extremely happy for the kid, this is awesome.

32 years ago was the last time we had a Pro Bowl QB, guys. This is an honor we shouldn't take lightly.

I don't know why but I still remember Favre's first Pro Bowl appearance pretty vividly, hopefully this is the start of a nice run for MT10.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

AZ_Bearfan
MVP

If I was Trubisky, you'd have to kidnap me and hold me hostage until the game is over. I don't know much about Mitch as a kid, but when I was a kid it was the ultimate dream. Let him play in one before he starts passing on the opportunities.
G08
Hall of Famer

It's being recognized by your league and your peers/fans. That's going to give him a boost in confidence any way you dice it. More importantly to me, this gives him time to really pick the brains of a lot of the league's elite QBs.

Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Are any of the "elite" qbs showing up?
wab
Mod

Otis Day wrote:Are any of the "elite" qbs showing up?
Brees, unless he backs out in the next day or two. Luck is going. I think Rodgers is too unless Wilson replaced him. Mahomes.

The only one that backed out is Rivers. Brady and Goff won't be there because of the SB.
WP.1
Player of the Month

all 3 out
Brees, Goff, Rodgers

in
1. Wilson, 2. Trubisky, 3. Prescott
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

G08... Is it just me or does Biscuit look like Neel Kolhatkar in your avatar?
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
G08
Hall of Famer

Mikefive wrote:G08... Is it just me or does Biscuit look like Neel Kolhatkar in your avatar?
:lol: I'm not sure I see that!

DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

I just hope he continues to grow and prove all those doubters on Draft day (and after the Draft) wrong. I'm sick of Skip Bayless, Colin Cowherd, Stephen A. Smith, Michael Lombardi and all the retreads that talk shit about Biscuit to this day trying to validate an opinion they had of him the day after he got drafted.

Pro Bowl being a joke or not, it is an honor that Trubisky was considered and invited.
Never Die Easy
docc
Head Coach

The ONLY thing of merit for the scumbag moron Bayless..is his brother is a great chef..

Skip was probably a bastard from a dad in a mental ward..
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

docc wrote:The ONLY thing of merit for the scumbag moron Bayless..is his brother is a great chef..

Skip was probably a bastard from a dad in a mental ward..

:rofl:
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

My father-in-law, who lives for sports thought he would watch the game, because it is a sport (sort of). He told me he had to turn it off because it was so bad. It was rather disgusted with what he saw. He also wondered why the hell they have this game anymore if this is how they are going to play. I saw some highlights, BAD.
Knuckles
Player of the Month

I threw it on for the first time in over a decade and holy shit was it bad. All the pre stuff as well was garbage. Dodge ball? What the hell does that have to do with football? The QB accuracy stuff that's fun to watch but man these guys are pro bowl QBs and most couldn't hit the targets lol. how about set it up more like a player on the field instead of a bird they're trying to hit it has to mess with their perspective and has nothing to do with football.

Football skill contest were the only interesting things. It would be interesting to see as a fan them just run some of the combine stuff again just to see where they stack up as pro bowlers compared to pre NFL.

Run drills, have individual contests screw the game. Rather watch them play flag football against the national kids teams than risk injury in a full-contact game.
”Damn -- Khalil Mack had another strip sack?” Gruden asked rhetorically, shaking his head at the Oakland Raiders assistant coaches in his midst. “Are you ... kidding me?”
DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

Knuckles wrote:I threw it on for the first time in over a decade and holy shit was it bad. All the pre stuff as well was garbage. Dodge ball? What the hell does that have to do with football? The QB accuracy stuff that's fun to watch but man these guys are pro bowl QBs and most couldn't hit the targets lol. how about set it up more like a player on the field instead of a bird they're trying to hit it has to mess with their perspective and has nothing to do with football.

Football skill contest were the only interesting things. It would be interesting to see as a fan them just run some of the combine stuff again just to see where they stack up as pro bowlers compared to pre NFL.

Run drills, have individual contests screw the game. Rather watch them play flag football against the national kids teams than risk injury in a full-contact game.

They should bring back the QB skills challenge from the 90's. They had moving targets that would actually be similar to a WR running routes. And quite frankly, it was much more fun to watch - right now it's a circus.

The game itself is an entire joke, guys don't run hard, no tackling, no blitzing - and I don't blame them, who the heck would want to get hurt in this meaningless game?
Never Die Easy
docc
Head Coach

I didn't watch any of it..actually forgot it was on..

Maybe a Giant Madden on Jumbo screen..with each player controlling his video game persona.. Might even start something and bring in younger fans..

Maybe Holographic players..and Oculus..
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

Makes you miss hits like Sean Taylor hitting Moorman on that fake punt. Now that was a Pro-Bowl.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

AZ_Bearfan wrote:Makes you miss hits like Sean Taylor hitting Moorman on that fake punt. Now that was a Pro-Bowl.
Sean Taylor was a beast. That guy hit people and it was lights out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLd0FjRdFlY
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Knuckles wrote:I threw it on for the first time in over a decade and holy shit was it bad. All the pre stuff as well was garbage. Dodge ball? What the hell does that have to do with football? The QB accuracy stuff that's fun to watch but man these guys are pro bowl QBs and most couldn't hit the targets lol. how about set it up more like a player on the field instead of a bird they're trying to hit it has to mess with their perspective and has nothing to do with football.

I would MUCH rather tune in to see them play dodge ball than a quarter-assed game of football, where a serious injury is still very possible.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
wab
Mod

I don't know man. It's been like a decade since anyone was hurt in the pro bowl...Brees dislocated his elbow in 2007 when Suggs sacked him. So, to me that's just a non-factor when considering the worth of this game.