Julius Peppers retires

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

UOK
Site Admin

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2589 ... retirement" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Carolina Panthers defensive end Julius Peppers, fourth on the NFL's all-time sack list, on Friday announced his retirement after 17 NFL seasons.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

He hung around quite a while. I guess I didn't even know he was playing this year. Didn't catch any Panther games. Good long career for him.
IotaNet
MVP

Nothing but love and respect for Peppers. I always resented the "takes plays off" narrative that seemed to bubble up with disgruntled fans. As the article says, "Peppers was a model of consistency. He had at least seven sacks in all but two seasons, including a career-best 14.5 in 2008."

Good for you Pep -- we'll see you in the Hall Of Fame.
“Never let your ego get so close to your position that when your position falls, your ego falls with it.”

- Colin Powell
UOK
Site Admin

He was a solid Bear, too. Just happened to play during the decline of the Lovie/Angelo era, and the wheels fell off before a late-career resurgence in Green Bay.
Umbali
MVP

Always hated when a Bear I liked left and ended up the GB
Fantasy Team: Peanut Punchers
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

One of the most exciting memories I have as a Bears fan was the day we signed Julius Peppers. Like the Mack trade, I'll remember where I was and what I was doing when it happened. Hopefully he's a first ballot HOF'er.