Matt Nagy named 2018 Head Coach of the Year

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

UOK
Site Admin

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... f-the-year" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Landslide victory. Congrats to coach Nagy!!!
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Total no brainer of a decision and what an excellent choice too. Night and day compared to what we had. He's one of those coaches that actually inspires me and I don't even play for him.
MoFugger
Head Coach

Nobody even close to more deserving.
This was my guy the day they fired Fox.
Now he has to back it up!!!
BR0D1E86
MVP

Well deserved. Let’s hope he celebrates by hoisting the (curse word removed) trophy on super bowl Sunday a year from now.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

That’s AWESOME!! Well deserved. We have ourselves of foot ball coach boys.

The fact that Pace didn’t win Executive of the year after a) hiring Nagy, and b) fleecing the Raiders for Mack, is a crime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Teddy KGB
Pro Bowler

Understand that Chris Ballard is a total media suck up, AND was the one who put out with his media buddies a lot of bullshit about Ryan Pace, especially after having the Bears reject him AND Nagy reject him.

Ballard has friends in the media, which is why he is winning tonight.
Bearfacts
MVP

Great honor for Nagy and well deserved.
britbear
Player of the Month

So delighted for Coach Nagy! Great coach who has utterly transformed this team (with the help of Pace and a great coaching team) both on the field and in the locker room. Not just a great coach though, he seems like a really nice guy who you'd love to have a beer with too.
Bleeding Navy and Orange!!! GO BEARS!!
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

I have never in my nearly 58 years felt as confident and enthused about a Bears coach as I do now. :applaud:

It does raise a question though. Was the Mitch Trubisky production improvement we saw because of what an excellent coach did around him or because he has genuinely improved? I'm not going to be a conspiracy guy here. It has to be both. And the coach certainly had a direct effect on Biscuit's growth. In the end, since both will be here for several more years, it really doesn't matter.

P.S. I did feel the need to phone the Packer fan son with the news. :evilgrin:
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Mikefive wrote:I have never in my nearly 58 years felt as confident and enthused about a Bears coach as I do now. :applaud:

It does raise a question though. Was the Mitch Trubisky production improvement we saw because of what an excellent coach did around him or because he has genuinely improved? I'm not going to be a conspiracy guy here. It has to be both. And the coach certainly had a direct effect on Biscuit's growth. In the end, since both will be here for several more years, it really doesn't matter.

You need both to be successful. I think a lot of reasons why highly drafted QBs fail is because they're drafted by teams that are bad. These QBs were great in college. They can play. Sure some of them could be products of the offensive system, but they did have the tools to get there in the first place. Biscuit got into a different situation in that he was drafted during the Fox regime, but then Nagy took over right after Biscuit's first season and changed everything. All that being said, Biscuit needs to go out there and execute.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote:
Mikefive wrote:I have never in my nearly 58 years felt as confident and enthused about a Bears coach as I do now. :applaud:

You need both to be successful. I think a lot of reasons why highly drafted QBs fail is because they're drafted by teams that are bad. These QBs were great in college. They can play. Sure some of them could be products of the offensive system, but they did have the tools to get there in the first place. Biscuit got into a different situation in that he was drafted during the Fox regime, but then Nagy took over right after Biscuit's first season and changed everything. All that being said, Biscuit needs to go out there and execute.
I generally agree with you. And they can be bad because their coaching is either bad or doesn't fit their strengths. As a close to home example, Jim Harbaugh was very hit and miss as a young player, but went to a Pro Bowl with the Colts. You have to wonder what a guy like that would've done with somebody like Nagy pulling the strings.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

G08
Hall of Famer

Awesome award for Coach! I love how he's changed the culture of the team/organization and, really, this might have been the most fun season I've ever experienced as a Bears fan. 2006 was a blast but there was nothing like these "club dub" parties I'd throw in the condo after each win. So much fucking fun, sad it had to end but NEXT YEAR baby we're winning the whole fucking thing!!!
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

docc
Head Coach

Awesome! The vid of Mitch hitting his targets also nice..
VA_Mountain_Bear
Crafty Veteran

Coaching shapes the environment the player is evolving within. Bisky was actually getting harmed by the Fox regime in development. Nagy had to work on that in TC and the early season just getting his confidence up and to grow. That said, Bisky seems to have put in the work and dedication himself to growing and developing so he has to be given credit for that. You could see the growth between the first game and the final game.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

this is awesome and well earned

Pace and Nagy have teamed to quickly change the loser culture that seemed to have thrived at Halas Hall like a fungus

I think we all had questions when Nagy was hired, but I think those questions have been answered ... yes, it is only 1 year ... but you can feel the fresh air Nagy brought with him and he and Trubisky are only going to get better as our offensive dynamic duo
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
wab
Mod

This is the first time in my life as a fan (I was 7 when the Bears won the super bowl and 14 when Ditka was fired, so that era doesn't really count) that I went into games knowing that the Bears could win every one of them.

The future is bright under Pace and Nagy. It's an exciting time to be a fan of the Bears.
EricTighe
MVP

We did have some good years under Lovie.

But this was a No-Brainer and well deserved.