Poll ended at Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:41 am

Patriots
78%
Rams
22%

Total votes: 9
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

I truly believe the Rams defense can directly affect the outcome. Their pass rush strength is from the inside, pushing to the pocket from the middle, and that is where Brady's comfort zone is. On most plays the pass rusher are forced wide, he steps up into the pocket, and completes to whoever he wants to.

If the Rams can get in his face and prevent that, and keep at it all day, they can slow Brady if not completely stop him. Then their offense needs to put points on the board.

Sounds simple and I realize there is more to it. And also realize the Patriots can and will come up with something the Rams haven't seen.

I'm going with the Rams, and their D-linemen to be the difference makers.
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
wab
Mod

I find myself rooting for the Pats in this one. I don't know why.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

I'm hoping the GOAT wins another one. It doesn't really have anything to do with how the Rams v Saints game ended.
wab
Mod

The Marshall Plan wrote:I'm hoping the GOAT wins another one. It doesn't really have anything to do with how the Rams v Saints game ended.
Same. I respect the hell out of Brady and I'm one of the few non-Pats fans that don't hate the Pats. It's just kinda cool to see a dude my age (almost to the day) out there on the field still playing at a high level and still having fun.
UOK
Site Admin

Patriots, because Patriots.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Riding the Patriot train. Respect the hell out of what the team/org. has done over the years. WAnt Brady to keep winning until someone can beat him. I really don't understand all the hate towards Brady. The cheater shit is beyond ridiculous. Other QBs have admitted cheating but you don't hear about it. I know a lot of it is jealousy, but damn, just sit back and look what the guy has done. Can't have nothing but respect for him.
wab
Mod

I'm also to the point now in my fandom, given that the our team is on the uptick, that I don't want anyone in the NFC to win it unless it's the Bears.
alexwilkins
Crafty Veteran

Patriots because fuck Ndamukong Suh.
docc
Head Coach

docc
Head Coach

If not the Bears then makes no difference..just seems like this shoulda..woulda etc..bee Bears v Pats..

The ONLY time I care about any other team winning or losing..
Green and Urine,,die
Bearfacts
MVP

:evil: I may be expecting the Pats to win but I'll be sitting at home with an ample supply of pins for piercing my Belicheat and Brady voodoo dolls rooting for LA. :evil:
BR0D1E86
MVP

I am honestly out going to Home Depot at the moment instead of watching the game, because I just can’t bring myself to care.

I expect the Pats to win though. They’ll pretty easily scheme to slow down Donald, and LA’s defense is pretty weak when you do that.
docc
Head Coach

Sleeper Bowl..with incredibly lame half time.. I peeked in to see if was over..dam my eyes..
Whorendous
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

My biggest complaint from the last 5-6 super bowls is still the same thing.

If the NFL is not going to call pass interference in the playoffs and especially in the super bowl, then stop officiating the regular season so ticky tacky.

Same thing with hitting the QB's.

Now, I am not saying the game was officiated badly, I thought it was a good job. I just know if that game is played week 6 there are 3-4 roughing the passer calls on the Pats and probably 6-8 pass interference calls along with another 3 or 4 holding penalties.

Find a damn happy medium and officiate all the games the same way.

Oh, and the bears should get credit for laying the blueprint to beat the rams.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

just going to pop in here and say, sounding like a homer-be-damned, i'll take second year mitch over third year goff any day.
KOP_Snake
Head Coach

YAWN
docc
Head Coach

Yes..I am a homer..
But I think Bears could have taken down either team. More aggressive defense..a more RPO that proved difficult for the Pats..AND Rams..

But we did not earn the right to be in it of course.. Next year should be nice..
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

I enjoyed the game. Loved seeing some D played. Belichek is a master. Goff is still young and he had not been up against anything (other than Bears game) like Belichek can cook up. Belichek makes most young QBs look inadequate.
MoFugger
Head Coach

I watched it, but it was really hard to get into.
However, when the final score ended in 3s, my father won 16k for his square.
All because the best kicker in the league missed what was going to be a meaningless field goal.
There was much rejoicing!
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

Otis Day wrote:I enjoyed the game. Loved seeing some D played. Belichek is a master. Goff is still young and he had not been up against anything (other than Bears game) like Belichek can cook up. Belichek makes most young QBs look inadequate.
agreed
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
wab
Mod

Had a hard time getting into it. I wasn't interested all that much going in and it was an overall boring experience, from the game to the halftime show to the commercials. All very underwhelming.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

docc wrote:Image

:thumbsup: :toast: :rofl:
George Carlin
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote:I enjoyed the game. Loved seeing some D played. Belichek is a master. Goff is still young and he had not been up against anything (other than Bears game) like Belichek can cook up. Belichek makes most young QBs look inadequate.

Goff looked completely uncomfortable and overwhelmed and Belichick and the Patriots D gets the credit for that ... and that pick he lobbed up for an easy interception by NE was inexcusable

Rams D mostly did their job, and maybe if they hadn't been on the field all game they might have had an answer for that Patriot TD drive
George Carlin
docc
Head Coach

Stupor Bowel was as entertaining as a The 3 hour Mesothelioma commercial...
Moron 5 (I checked in to see if it was over) was more than bland and boring..

Nothing..
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Sean McVay blames himself for Jared Goff's SB LIII performance
Jared Goff struggled mightily during Sunday's Super Bowl matchup with the New England Patriots, completing 19-of-38 passes for 229 yards with no touchdowns and one costly fourth-quarter interception.

Rams coach Sean McVay blamed himself for the loss after the game, saying he was out-coached by six-time Super Bowl Champion coach Bill Belichick.

"I never really enabled us to get into a rhythm offensively," McVay said. "We didn't really have any third-down conversions through the whole first half. They did a good job, then it seemed like every time we got a little bit of a positive play then we'd end up having a penalty or getting ourselves moved back. I think a lot of it was the result of some of the things they did, but also the play selection. I was not pleased at all with my feel for the flow of the game and making some adjustments as the game unfolded to give ourselves a chance to have some success and out some points on the board.

"No other way to say it, but I got out-coached tonight," he added.

nice of the coach to take the heat ... but that idiot lobbed interception in the 4th quarter was 100% on Goff and turned out to be the death blow to their under-performing offensive effort
George Carlin
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Stephon Gilmore on Jared Goff's interception: 'I can't believe he threw it'
The Los Angeles Rams could do very little right on offense Sunday night against the New England Patriots. They managed just 260 yards and three points, picking up only 14 first downs in what was undoubtedly one of the ugliest performances in Super Bowl history.

Yet, as poorly as they played, the Rams still had a chance to win late in the game. With 4:24 left and L.A. trailing 10-3, Jared Goff made his biggest mistake of the night. On second-and-10 from the Patriots’ 27-yard line, Goff panicked and threw up a duck in the direction of Brandin Cooks.

He had a defender in his face and wanted to avoid the sack, but that wasn’t the throw to make at that point in the game.

Stephon Gilmore came down with an easy interception, halting what was the Rams’ most promising drive of the night.

The Patriots drove down the field and kicked a field goal on the ensuing drive to make it 13-3, essentially putting the game on ice. Given the circumstances, it was surprising to see Goff try to force the issue with an ill-advised throw.

Even Gilmore couldn’t believe Goff threw it his way.

“I saw it the whole time. I never took my eyes off it. I looked it in. I can’t believe he threw it.”
George Carlin
G08
Hall of Famer

We could have fucking won that game.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:We could have fucking won that game.
I thought the exact same thing.

Next year, we're GOING to win that fucking game.

The Rams won't be able to keep that team together.

The Saints will get older.

The NFC is ours. Then we win the whole fucking thing.