View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Search for:
Author Message
 Post subject: My guys right now. Early
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:31 pm 
Offline
Pro Bowler

Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:13 pm
Posts: 478
QB
Tyree Jackson Buffalo 6'7" 245 (Highest upside of any Qb in this draft)
Easton Stick N Dakota St 6'2" 221 (Poor mans Trubisky)
Jake Browning Washington 6'1" 210 (Not sure if he is even 6' but he does get rid of ball fast)

Rb
Patrick Laird California 6'0" 200 (Perfect fit for our offense may be the best receiving back in this class)
Wes Hills Slippery Rock 6'2" 218 (If you want stats then this is your guy)
Jalin Moore Appalachian St 5'11" 207 (This may be our guy. Hurt as a senior but was worth watching. Ungodly stats before getting hurt and runs bigger than his size)

WR
Keelan Doss UC-Davis 6'3" 209
Anthony Johnson (UB) Buffalo 6'1" 207
David Sills West Virginia 6'3" 203


OL
Olisaemeka Udoh Elon 6'6" 328 (My Number one guy right now. Damn he is raw but strong.)
Daniel Cooney San Diego St 6'7" 315
Nate Herbig Stanford 6'4"334 (My Number two guy right now. He was number one till I watched tape of Udoh)

DL
Joe Gaziano Northwestern 6'4" 275 (what's not to like. Blue collar lunch pail type of player He will play for a while in the NFL)

OLB
Porter Gustin USC 6'5" 260 ( you want to roll the dice then this is the guy. 10 sacks in two years. Oh yeah he only played in ten games over the last two years. Considered the best OLB to come to USC in years. That is saying a whole hell of a lot. Talent speaking he is a top ten player and better then Bosa. But ten games in two years scares the hell out of a lot of teams he maybe available when we pick if so we need to jump since we don't need him but if healthy he should give us the best two OLB in the game.)

CB (I usually keep to myself on DB's until the combine, here speed matters or better yet lack of matters most)
Jamal Peters Mississippi St 6'2" 218 ( saw the LSU game and this kid stood out cause they avoided him)
Jordan Wyatt SMU 6'0" 192 (Kid had 11 picks in first three years, teams avoided him as a senior)
Xavier Crawford C Michigan 6'1" 180 ( one of the best tackling CB's in the draft)

P
Mitch Wishnowsky Utah (Big damn leg and used to kicking in the cold)

K
Cole Tracy LSU 5'11" 188 (A no Brainer)

Well, there is a preliminary list that is based on who may be available when we pick. I will go down record as saying any team who passes on Ed Oliver will live to regret it as well. Hands down the best player in this draft. Not even close!


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:58 pm 
Offline
Crafty Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:04 am
Posts: 793
Location: Minneapolis (Chicago Native)
EricTighe wrote:
... I will go down record as saying any team who passes on Ed Oliver will live to regret it as well. Hands down the best player in this draft. Not even close!
Don't know much about him but from what I'm reading, I assume you're seeing him as a kind of Aaron Donald 2.0?


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:51 pm 
Offline
Crafty Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:44 pm
Posts: 870
IotaNet wrote:
EricTighe wrote:
... I will go down record as saying any team who passes on Ed Oliver will live to regret it as well. Hands down the best player in this draft. Not even close!
Don't know much about him but from what I'm reading, I assume you're seeing him as a kind of Aaron Donald 2.0?


He's dominant, but he does have some personality/character concerns. He was seen fighting with his HC in an on field dispute and was benched for a couple games this season. Not sure what the deal is but if he didn't have those minor blemishes on his record, he'd be in consideration for the top overall pick IMO.

_________________
Never Die Easy


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:34 pm 
Offline
Pro Bowler

Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:13 pm
Posts: 478
I actually like him more than Donald. This kid has been a stud since his freshman season. Been doubled teamed and schemed against since then as well and still has dominated.


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:06 pm 
Offline
Pro Bowler

Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:13 pm
Posts: 478
Must get if he drops. This kid is stud only injuries could derail him. He is a flippin beast. I keep hoping he isn't up to speed from his recovery but with his work ethic he is gonna blow them away. Know a couple of kids that play for USC and they all say the same thing. Best player on the team and isn't even close.

https://reignoftroy.com/2019/02/26/nfl- ... er-gustin/


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pm 
Online
MVP
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:47 am
Posts: 1104
I'm starting to look at RBs.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2019RB.php

Right now "my guy", is Myles Gaskin from Washington.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S52v3k5GQ20

These YouTube videos only show the good, but he moves in between the tackles very well. He changes angles very well. He also made some tough catches.


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:37 pm 
Offline
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:34 pm
Posts: 14458
Location: World Championsville
EricTighe wrote:
QB
Tyree Jackson Buffalo 6'7" 245 (Highest upside of any Qb in this draft)
Easton Stick N Dakota St 6'2" 221 (Poor mans Trubisky)
Jake Browning Washington 6'1" 210 (Not sure if he is even 6' but he does get rid of ball fast)

Rb
Patrick Laird California 6'0" 200 (Perfect fit for our offense may be the best receiving back in this class)
Wes Hills Slippery Rock 6'2" 218 (If you want stats then this is your guy)
Jalin Moore Appalachian St 5'11" 207 (This may be our guy. Hurt as a senior but was worth watching. Ungodly stats before getting hurt and runs bigger than his size)

WR
Keelan Doss UC-Davis 6'3" 209
Anthony Johnson (UB) Buffalo 6'1" 207
David Sills West Virginia 6'3" 203


OL
Olisaemeka Udoh Elon 6'6" 328 (My Number one guy right now. Damn he is raw but strong.)
Daniel Cooney San Diego St 6'7" 315
Nate Herbig Stanford 6'4"334 (My Number two guy right now. He was number one till I watched tape of Udoh)

DL
Joe Gaziano Northwestern 6'4" 275 (what's not to like. Blue collar lunch pail type of player He will play for a while in the NFL)

OLB
Porter Gustin USC 6'5" 260 ( you want to roll the dice then this is the guy. 10 sacks in two years. Oh yeah he only played in ten games over the last two years. Considered the best OLB to come to USC in years. That is saying a whole hell of a lot. Talent speaking he is a top ten player and better then Bosa. But ten games in two years scares the hell out of a lot of teams he maybe available when we pick if so we need to jump since we don't need him but if healthy he should give us the best two OLB in the game.)

CB (I usually keep to myself on DB's until the combine, here speed matters or better yet lack of matters most)
Jamal Peters Mississippi St 6'2" 218 ( saw the LSU game and this kid stood out cause they avoided him)
Jordan Wyatt SMU 6'0" 192 (Kid had 11 picks in first three years, teams avoided him as a senior)
Xavier Crawford C Michigan 6'1" 180 ( one of the best tackling CB's in the draft)

P
Mitch Wishnowsky Utah (Big damn leg and used to kicking in the cold)

K
Cole Tracy LSU 5'11" 188 (A no Brainer)

Well, there is a preliminary list that is based on who may be available when we pick. I will go down record as saying any team who passes on Ed Oliver will live to regret it as well. Hands down the best player in this draft. Not even close!


Went small school with the RBs huh? God bless you, gave me more "tape" to look at :toast:

_________________
Image

"I don't care about numbers, I care about letters" -- Matt Nagy


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:20 pm 
Offline
Pro Bowler

Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:13 pm
Posts: 478
Updated not much has changed except.

Add
QB Gardner Minshew II Washington St.
A buddy of mine mentioned so watched tape. Think this kid may be in the league for a decade.

TE
Jace Sternberger Texas A&M
Brought up on ESPN, Went back and found highlights. Damn interesting.

Edge
Chase Winovich Michigan
Lit up the combine and has the stats to back it.

K
Matt Gay Utah
Just forgot him the first time.

Bars, Alex, OL, Notre Dame
Only cuase who knows him better then us? Another injured guy.


Take off my damn list.

Nate Herbig Stanford 6'4"334 (My Number two guy right now. He was number one till I watched tape of Udoh)
If you can't get ready for the combine then you have no need to be drafted. His workout at the combine wasn't just bad it was horrendous.

My top guys from the third round on are as follows.
.
1A. Olisaemeka Udoh Elon 6'6" 328- Still my top guy.
1B. Porter Gustin USC 6'5" 260- Strong as an ox with a non stop motor. If you haven't seen his tape then watch it.
2, CB Jamal Peters Mississippi St 6'2" 218- Can't forget how teams avoided him. Something must be there.
3. David Sills West Virginia 6'3" 203- If you don't know his story you really must check it out. He still learning to play WR and is this good already. Potential number 1 WR. Kid doesn't know how to fail..
4. Tyree Jackson Buffalo 6'7" 245- Don't care he lit up the WR at the combine. I still believe this kid has the potential to be a starter in this league. Would be better than any of our backups we have now.

I want to see one of these guys on our team this year. Actually all of them :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:33 pm 
Offline
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:34 pm
Posts: 14458
Location: World Championsville
Devin Singletary is quickly becoming my favorite back in this draft who I think will be there for us in round 3/4.

_________________
Image

"I don't care about numbers, I care about letters" -- Matt Nagy


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:03 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:07 am
Posts: 19621
Location: Champaign, IL
G08 wrote:
Devin Singletary is quickly becoming my favorite back in this draft who I think will be there for us in round 3/4.


Singletary's also my favorite from what I've seen. He'd explode in Nagy's offense.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group