Devine Ozigba-Nebraska

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I really like the kid from Nebraska
cblaz11
MVP

Bearfacts
MVP

I like what I've seen in Bruce Anderson. In some ways he's a lighter faster version of Jordan Howard.

One cut style zone runner, good vision, can follow blocking, quick feet and quick to the hole on inside runs, nifty enough to slide through small gaps, better elusiveness than Howard and much better speed in the open field, but not as much power. Not much on him as a receiver but his scouting report claims good hands and can adjust to off target throws.

He's about the same height as Howard but obviously anywhere from 10-15 lbs lighter especially in the legs where Howard gets his power. Anderson reminds me a little of another Anderson we drafted long ago and I'd take another Neal Anderson at RB in a heartbeat. Anderson also looks like he could add some muscle bulk and play closer to 220lbs.

Now that Massie has been signed and we have Coward as his understudy I'm thinking Pace will push OT back a bit on his priority list in favor of RBs and DBs as his primary targets and OT and OLB/Edge as secondary targets. Of course how FA goes will also have an impact but the OL and OLB aren't looking all that bad provided Fitts can replace Lynch.
Mr.Irrelevant
Player of the Month

I was just reading that Bryce Love is now projected to last until the 4th or 5th round. I know it's a risk coming off the injury, but at that point in the draft I'd jump all over it.
G08
Hall of Famer

cblaz11 wrote:Bruce Anderson-North Dakota St

Devine Ozigba-Nebraska

I really like the kid from Nebraska
This is the first I am watching of the kid and yeah, I like what I'm seeing. Dude has fucking tree trunks for thighs!
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

wab
Mod

Being a quasi-Huskers fan through marriage, I've watched a lot of Ozigbo. A LOT. He's a carbon copy of Jordan Howard. Like, it's uncanny.
wab
Mod

Nebraska also rand basically the same zone concepts under Frost last year that the Bears did when Gase/Loggains ran the offense, so that's important to remember when looking at his highlights.
G08
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:Nebraska also rand basically the same zone concepts under Frost last year that the Bears did when Gase/Loggains ran the offense, so that's important to remember when looking at his highlights.
I feel like I see more speed/quickness out of Ozigbo than I do/did Howard.

How are his hands?

wab
Mod

G08 wrote:
wab wrote:Nebraska also rand basically the same zone concepts under Frost last year that the Bears did when Gase/Loggains ran the offense, so that's important to remember when looking at his highlights.

How are his hands?
His short area burst and quickness is almost identical to Howard. I will say he does have a bit more of a second gear in the open field than Howard.

Oh...his hands are terrible.
G08
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:
G08 wrote:

How are his hands?
His short area burst and quickness is almost identical to Howard. I will say he does have a bit more of a second gear in the open field than Howard.

Oh...his hands are terrible.

G08
Hall of Famer

Miles Sanders... I like this kid quite a bit in round 3 if we don't decide to pursue Kareem Hunt.

I like David Montgomery more but I don't think he'll be there when we finally are on the clock. This off-season is going to fucking suck :lol:

mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

I would not mind either but I prefer sanders.
wab
Mod

Luckily, it's a pretty good draft for RB's this year.
G08
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:Luckily, it's a pretty good draft for RB's this year.
Some interesting names out there for sure... I just wonder how Pace attacks it since we don't *really* have any glaring needs and he tends to go BPA.

DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

Matt Miller had us taking Benny Snell Jr. RB Kentucky in R4 and opted to pass on Darrell Henderson in R3 - which would honestly make me furious if that happened on Draft Day (especially if we don't sign Hunt).

Here's the full Bears mock:

R3: Chicago Bears: Sean Bunting, CB, Central Michigan
R4: Chicago Bears: Benny Snell Jr., RB, Kentucky
R6: Chicago Bears: Jalen Hurd, WR, Baylor
R7: Chicago Bears: John Cominsky, DL, Charleston

He also didn't have us with Philly's 7th rounder.
Never Die Easy
wab
Mod

DaSuperfan wrote:Matt Miller had us taking Benny Snell Jr. RB Kentucky in R4 and opted to pass on Darrell Henderson in R3 - which would honestly make me furious if that happened on Draft Day (especially if we don't sign Hunt).

Here's the full Bears mock:

R3: Chicago Bears: Sean Bunting, CB, Central Michigan
R4: Chicago Bears: Benny Snell Jr., RB, Kentucky
R6: Chicago Bears: Jalen Hurd, WR, Baylor
R7: Chicago Bears: John Cominsky, DL, Charleston

He also didn't have us with Philly's 7th rounder.
Hurd is the only player in that mock that doesn't want to make me punch a kitten.
Z Bear
MVP

DaSuperfan wrote:He also didn't have us with Philly's 7th rounder.
Did we officially get that pick? It was a conditional pick for Deiondre' Hall and I am not sure he played enough.
DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

Z Bear wrote:
DaSuperfan wrote:He also didn't have us with Philly's 7th rounder.
Did we officially get that pick? It was a conditional pick for Deiondre' Hall and I am not sure he played enough.
I don't know if we officially got it but he appeared in 13 games and tallied up 4 tackles. I don't know what the conditions were for the pick. A lot of draft outlets are showing that the Bears have the pick - but don't know if it's officially been declared yet.
Never Die Easy
EricTighe
MVP

Why are we so enamored with taking a RB? Unless they the best player available I don't see the need.
SC Bear
Journeyman

If we are willing to look at Hunt to serve his suspension then we should also be willing to sign Bryce Love and wait for him to be fully healthy-if he is still there in round 3. Campbell already has him going to Pittsburgh in the 4th.
DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

Bryce Love would be a steal. Love that kid's speed and athleticism.
Never Die Easy
G08
Hall of Famer

Love is very intriguing but he needs to have pristine medicals and even still I don't think I'd feel comfortable burning a 3rd or even a 4th on him. In the 5th or later he's solid value (assuming he returns to pre-injury form).

DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

Right now, my guys at RB are:

1. Bryce Love, Stanford - I'd take him in R3 if his medicals clear out and he's available - just so no one else can get him. If he was healthy he'd be a borderline R1 back - definitely R2. Can catch the ball and is electric when he's in open space, don't know many that can catch him. Our R3 pick this year is 87th which is at the end of the R3 - basically a 4th rounder anyways. Pace has shown if he really believes in a guy, he'll take him. Don't know if it will happen but if it were me, I'd take him.

2. Darrell Henderson, Memphis - Really like this kid's explosiveness and knack for hitting a homerun. He's got sneaky elusiveness and has really good football speed. Underrated hands, didn't get a lot of passes thrown his way at Memphis but when he did, made the most of them.

3. Devin Singletary, FAU - Great vision, balance and above-average speed. Can catch the ball really well and and really seems like he could be a great fit with Nagy.

These are backs that I like but I don't think are great fits for what Nagy wants (basically, they're similar players to Howard IMO):

1. David Montgomery, Iowa State - He's got more cutting ability and has more wiggle to his game than Howard but he lacks top end speed. I wouldn't be surprised to see him run a 4.6. Nagy wants guys that can get bigger chunks of yards on less carries and not be a grind it out type IMO.

2. Benny Snell Jr., Kentucky - Same as Montgomery in the sense that he doesn't have the top end speed - he's a big back 225 or so - again, he's not the most agile of backs, relies more on power and one cut ability. I will say he looks a little faster than Montgomery but doesn't have the feet, vision and elusiveness that Montgomery does.
Never Die Easy
G08
Hall of Famer

I like those names and would throw in Elijah Holyfield and Miles Sanders as well (curious to see how these two perform at the combine/their Pro Days).