Just want to say ...

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

IotaNet
MVP

... how absolutely STRANGE it feels to NOT be totally absorbed in Mock Drafts, Combine chatter, and Coaching Carousel intrigue right about now.

Don't get me wrong -- its a great thing but I haven't felt this disconnected from NFL off-season activity in YEARS.

August can't get here fast enough!
“Never let your ego get so close to your position that when your position falls, your ego falls with it.”

- Colin Powell
G08
Hall of Famer

I have dove head first back into Chicago Bulls basketball...
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

Otis Day
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:I have dove head first back into Chicago Bulls basketball...
You poor bastard. Can't think of anything more effed up than that organization. I cannot even watch NBA anymore. Checked in on a game Saturday during commercials while watching the new football league. I could not believe the obvious traveling and double dribble violations that went uncalled.

Watch the Blackhawks they are on a roll.
IotaNet
MVP

Otis Day wrote: You poor bastard...
CANNOT. DO. IT!

As an expatriate Chicagoan living in Minneapolis, the Bulls are too hard to find and they are so irrelevant as to not make it worth the effort. I was born & raised in Chicago and lived there until 2004. I was spoiled by the double 3-peat and totally teased by the DRose years after I first moved here.

Since then, the Bulls seem to be one steaming dumpster fire and I can't believe that Paxson doesn't get held accountable for it. Gosh, they stink!
“Never let your ego get so close to your position that when your position falls, your ego falls with it.”

- Colin Powell
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

I always thought I was a Bulls fan, then Michael retired and I figured out I wasn't.

Now the NBA just sucks to watch regular season with most giving half assed effort until the last 6 minutes, blatant travels, obvious no calls and phantom calls.

Watch a little college BBall, Ice fishing, ready for the cubs.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

I won't watch the NBA anymore. Traveling, flopping, preferential treatment for stars, etc. It goes on and on. It's inching closer and closer to the WWF.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

IotaNet wrote:... how absolutely STRANGE it feels to NOT be totally absorbed in Mock Drafts, Combine chatter, and Coaching Carousel intrigue right about now.

Don't get me wrong -- its a great thing but I haven't felt this disconnected from NFL off-season activity in YEARS.

August can't get here fast enough!
I was thinking the very same thing. So weird that this place is so dead. But it's a good kind of weird. :)
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:I won't watch the NBA anymore. Traveling, flopping, preferential treatment for stars, etc. It goes on and on. It's inching closer and closer to the WWF.
Truth.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote:
You poor bastard. Can't think of anything more effed up than that organization. I cannot even watch NBA anymore. Checked in on a game Saturday during commercials while watching the new football league. I could not believe the obvious traveling and double dribble violations that went uncalled.

Watch the Blackhawks they are on a roll.
Or at least they can win a game again.

Ormazd
MVP

southdakbearfan wrote:I always thought I was a Bulls fan, then Michael retired and I figured out I wasn't.

Now the NBA just sucks to watch regular season with most giving half assed effort until the last 6 minutes, blatant travels, obvious no calls and phantom calls.

Watch a little college BBall, Ice fishing, ready for the cubs.
I barely watch the NBA and very little college BBall since Illinois is so bad.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

We are five weeks from TOURNAMENT TIME!!
DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

I love the NFL Draft too much to not pay attention. I've been focusing on potential mid round targets for the Bears. But you're right, it does feel a little strange - a strangeness that I'll gladly get used to if this keeps up. :)
Never Die Easy
docc
Head Coach

I have little interest in NBA..not real basketball.. Even players coming here from Europe say it is MUCH EASIER to score here.. I used to get in free at Bulls games the first few years,,then the made playoffs..but sank away again..

I watch Hockey cause of all the years invested in the Blachawks as a kid..and then the Stanley Cup wins..

I am enjoying AAF football..entertaining..and decent games..

But yeah..I was thinking just two days ago how weird it felt to not be looking at mock drafts..etc..

We got our #1 pick..Mack.!
Let those losers taking 1st round dreams..worry..
Picks..we already got ours..
EricTighe
MVP

Basketball hasn't changed. Traveling has always happened and the stars have always gotten the calls. The guys can just shoot better now. They actually work on their games now in the offseason.

Love the eye in the sky for AAFL. We need that in the NFL.

Glad the Bulls suck I am a 76ers Fan.
docc
Head Coach

122 Bulls-110 Memphis

yep..Bulls a scoring machine..
Uh..
Porter 37 Lopez 25 Markkanan 21

Hell even Cristiano Fellatio..shoved in 8..
Bearfacts
MVP

Yep, strangely quiet in fan forums as well.

Once we get past the most obvious topics; Amos and Callahan, cap space, Robbie Gould (and that seem done) all we can do is speculate a bit on FA and look to the horizon as far as the draft.

Tough to know what positions Pace will emphasize in the draft 'til we get through at least the first two phases of FA and know what our roster looks like. Educated guesses is about all we can do.

I can't recall and offseason this quiet in a very long time and maybe that's good because I'm sure Pace, Nagy and their staffs haven't been hibernating. I actually expect some surprises before all is said and done.
IotaNet
MVP

Bearfacts wrote: ... I can't recall and offseason this quiet in a very long time and maybe that's good because I'm sure Pace, Nagy and their staffs haven't been hibernating. I actually expect some surprises before all is said and done.
Now this is true. If we've learned anything about Pace, its that he is always scheming, planning, and making moves.

I wouldn't be surprised if he pulls off some kind of move either. Maybe an unexpected FA acquisition or maybe finding a way to move higher up in the draft.

- Colin Powell
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

I used to be a pretty decent bowler back in the day. And now in my old age, I need to exercise more, so I've been trying to get back into the swing of it for a while now. This offseason, I'm focusing on it more and improving, which is fun. :-)

I found this youtube channel that anyone with an attraction to the PBA should appreicate. It's a must see if you're into that sorta thing.

Any other bowlers here?