For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

cblaz11
MVP

Free up an additional 11-13 mill.

Big move coming?
G08
Hall of Famer

I think we're making a move for LeVeon Bell. 3 years and 45 to 50 million. Coincides with Trubisky's rookie deal and gets Bell back on the market at age 30.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
VA_Mountain_Bear
Crafty Veteran

Great move by Pace and Mack to help the team. We can likely resign Amos now, or with 25 million in cap....could we dare even chase Bell now?
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:I think we're making a move for LeVeon Bell. 3 years and 45 to 50 million. Coincides with Trubisky's rookie deal and gets Bell back on the market at age 30.
I will shit myself silly if this happens. I know there's a massive meatball component to this on my part and while I try to add intelligent commentary here from time to time I can't help but get caught up in the excitement Bell would create.

How are we not Super Bowl favorites if we sign him?

This offense would take off with him as the RB. We scored about 30 points a game while only playing 2.5 quarters of real offense. What would be the game plan then? Score 30 points halfway through the second quarter, hand if off for the rest of the game and have the top defense in the league just handle it.

Unreal. Go for it Pace. This would be awesome.

I hope I'm the first to say this:

FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeqGuaAl6Ic
Last edited by The Marshall Plan on Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

The Marshall Plan wrote:
G08 wrote:I think we're making a move for LeVeon Bell. 3 years and 45 to 50 million. Coincides with Trubisky's rookie deal and gets Bell back on the market at age 30.
I will shit myself silly if this happens. I know there's a massive meatball component to this on my part and while I try to add intelligent commentary here from time to time I can't help but get caught up in the excitement Bell would create.

How are we not Super Bowl favorites if we sign him?

This offense would take off with him as the RB. We scored about 30 points a game while only playing 2.5 quarters of real offense. What would be the game plan then? Score 30 points halfway through the second quarter, hand if off for the rest of the game and have the top defense in the league just handle it.

Unreal. Go for it Pace. This would be awesome.
Bell's injury history is enough to be concerned, but not yell the sky is falling if he is signed.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

He’s doing something. I wonder if it isn’t Amos’s replacement.
G08
Hall of Famer

I don't know if I want Bell on a massive contract... heard he's up to 250 lbs and I don't know a thing about his character/football ethic.

Torn. Extremely torn.

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
wab
Mod

This really does feel like Bell is happening.
G08
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:This really does feel like Bell is happening.
Logically it makes perfect sense... question is do we get outbid?

Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Do we really want Le'veon Bell? The guy has an injury history, and obviously he's not much of a team guy. We all know Nagy is about the 'WE' and not the 'ME'.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Might be a safety and Whitehair extension?
G08
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:Do we really want Le'veon Bell? The guy has an injury history, and obviously he's not much of a team guy. We all know Nagy is about the 'WE' and not the 'ME'.
Ugh I don't know... he's a PERFECT fit for the biggest hole on our offense right now.

Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Do we know how much of it was converted?
UOK
Site Admin

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:Do we know how much of it was converted?
And the Bears reportedly converted $13M of Khalil Mack’s base salary and roster bonus into a signing bonus, creating $11M in salary-cap space.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:Do we really want Le'veon Bell? The guy has an injury history, and obviously he's not much of a team guy. We all know Nagy is about the 'WE' and not the 'ME'.
How is he not a team guy? I have not heard anything about him being a pain in the ass for the team, surely nothing like AB. He sat out because he felt he had good reason, I don't begrudge him at all for that.

He has had some injuries and a suspension, but I would not thinking he is injury prone.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote:
How is he not a team guy? I have not heard anything about him being a pain in the ass for the team, surely nothing like AB. He sat out because he felt he had good reason, I don't begrudge him at all for that.

He has had some injuries and a suspension, but I would not thinking he is injury prone.
If we get Bell, next time it doesn't come down to a fucking field goal for the playoff game. We win and we win big.

FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS!
BR0D1E86
MVP

I kind of intensely dislike him, but he’d be a pretty phenomenal addition to the offense.

What I will give him is that my feelings for him are because he seems to be a bit of a diva, and not because of any severe Offield issues that I’m aware of. So I could probably get over it pretty quickly, but I’m not a big fan of his in general.
wab
Mod

He sat out because the Steelers are a low-key dysfunctional team with a QB that no one likes and an owner that enables said QB.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:He sat out because the Steelers are a low-key dysfunctional team with a QB that no one likes and an owner that enables said QB.
OK. So is that why there seems to be this mass exodus of top talent from Pittsburgh? (mass exodus being Bell and AB).
Mr.Irrelevant
Player of the Month

It seems to me that we wouldn't be creating all this cap space if we didn't already have agreements in place. None of these contracts can be signed until tomorrow anyway, so why hurt yourself in the coming years if you don't need to?
wab
Mod

I’ll laugh if all this money moving is just to extend Whitehair.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

I would too. But they need to keep that line in place. Especially the young guys. Plus there are others like RRH needing to be signed.

One thing about Pace is he puts up a hell of a smokescreen when he want to.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

the only thing we can assume to know about Mr. Pace is that he does have a plan to get who / what he wants ... as to what that plan may be, it is safely behind that smokescreen you allude to
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

Tevin Coleman still out there. So is Justin Houston. Never know what Pace is looking to do.
Never Die Easy
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

I am thinking Coleman will go after Bell. Coleman's agent may be pricing out of some teams.
Bearfacts
MVP

Not to douse the Bell flames but it could be Pace has a couple of deals he's working with RBs like Ingram or Coleman and looking to fill PK with Gostkowski and find another Edge Rusher.

Amos is history and Bush's cap hit is only $851k so he can always bring in a vet SS on a cheaper deal like he's doing with Skrine. I don't think he values the position enough to spend big on SS.

Having Davis to pair with Ingram or Coleman and leaving money left over to add another couple of key players makes more sense to me than signing Bell. JMHO
UOK
Site Admin

Bearfacts wrote:Not to douse the Bell flames but it could be Pace has a couple of deals he's working with RBs like Ingram or Coleman and looking to fill PK with Gostkowski and find another Edge Rusher.

Amos is history and Bush's cap hit is only $851k so he can always bring in a vet SS on a cheaper deal like he's doing with Skrine. I don't think he values the position enough to spend big on SS.

Having Davis to pair with Ingram or Coleman and leaving money left over to add another couple of key players makes more sense to me than signing Bell. JMHO
Ingram's going to the Ravens.
Bad Flanders
MVP

Coleman would just be another Cohen wouldn't he? I wouldn't get spending that much there.

Houston, sort of the same deal, I mean unless it was a really short term deal... how much money do you want at ANY ONE position? Even a really important one.

I'd love to see them lock up Floyd and Whitehair now and then have a couple offseasons to extend Mitch and maybe Cohen. Get them to sign early extensions for a little extra money upfront and the team saves a little in the long term.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

The longer it goes the more I think the money will be used to extend guys like whitehair and Floyd possibly.
UOK
Site Admin

southdakbearfan wrote:The longer it goes the more I think the money will be used to extend guys like whitehair and Floyd possibly.
Floyd and Whitehair will both be extended, guaranteed.