Bears sign WR Cordarrelle Patterson to 2yr, $10M deal

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

BR0D1E86
MVP

All the guaranteed money is in year 1, so it is really a 1 year deal with a team option next year.
Pagan
MVP

HurricaneBear wrote:
ramentaschen wrote:I think Patterson may be the best kick returner since Hester so in that aspect this is a big plus.

The Vikings could never turn him into a legitimate WR though and its curious to me that he would be used as an RB???
The patriots lined him up at rb occassionally and he did surprisngly well. I think it started due to injury but i could be remembering that wrong. Dont think he could be a full time back but several touches a game absolutely. I love this signing. Price isnt the best but its a short deal and he could be very productive here replacing bellamy/mizzell. And his skill as a kr is undeniable
Yeah... last year the Pat's gave Patterson 42 rush attempts last year for 5.7 yards per carry...
I'd say the kid can play in the Bears RB rotation a bit as far as I'm concerned.

I wouldn't minimalize Nagys ability to creatively use his players.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

What's the over/under on rush attempts in 2019? 100?
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Mikefive wrote:What's the over/under on rush attempts in 2019? 100?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
malk
Head Coach

Given Nagy I'm very hopefully we'll find some good uses for him next year. Around 75% completion percentages for the past three years is nice to have too.

Don't like the contract massively, shocker. At that AAV I would have preferred more team friendly years but I'm quibbling.
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)