Free Agent signings

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Adam Schefter on ESPN this a.m. reports Amendola in Detroit taking physical. Signing to follow come Wednesday.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Broncos reportedly poach Ja'Wuan James from the Dolphins by making him NFL's highest-paid right tackle

and that didn't last long, as the Raiders signing now makes James the second highest paid RT

lots of stupid dollars being tossed around this off season
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

S Joyner to sign 4-year deal with Raiders

wonder how far over the cap the Raiders intend to be?
George Carlin
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Mitch Morse becomes league’s highest-paid center in Bills deal
Maurkice Pouncey‘s run as the highest-paid center in football lasted less than a week.

According to Tom Pelissero of the NFL Network, the Buffalo Bills are giving former Kansas City Chiefs center Mitch Morse a contract that will move him to the top of the mountain.

Morse’s new contract with the Bills is set to pay him $44.5 million over four years with $26.5 million in guaranteed money. The average annual value of the contract of $11.125 million a year surpasses the $11 million a season Pouncey was given on his extension with the Steelers.
George Carlin
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

RB Gore to sign deal with Bills
The Buffalo Bills have agreed with running back Frank Gore on a one-year, $2 million deal, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Gore is the NFL's oldest running back -- he will be 36 when the 2019 season starts -- but he showed little sign of being done in 2018. He joins a Bills backfield fronted by 30-year-old running back LeSean McCoy.

A five-time Pro Bowl selection, Gore is NFL's active career rushing leader with 14,748 yards for the San Francisco 49ers, Indianapolis Colts and Miami Dolphins. He's No. 4 on the all-time list, trailing only Barry Sanders, Walter Payton and Emmitt Smith, who are all in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Gore needs just 252 rushing yards to reach the 15,000-yard milestone and 522 to pass Sanders to move into third place.
George Carlin
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Jets to sign former Vikings LB Barr, source says
Former Minnesota Vikings linebacker Anthony Barr intends to sign with the New York Jets, a league source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

The Jets are planning to use Barr as an outside linebacker in their 3-4 scheme, the role he played in college, a source told ESPN's Rich Cimini. He also has the ability to play inside linebacker on first and second down, becoming a nickel rusher on third down.
George Carlin
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Sheldon Richardson leaving the Vikes as well. Their D taking some big hits.

https://www.twincities.com/2019/03/12/d ... th-browns/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Boris13c wrote:Jets to sign former Vikings LB Barr, source says
Former Minnesota Vikings linebacker Anthony Barr intends to sign with the New York Jets, a league source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

The Jets are planning to use Barr as an outside linebacker in their 3-4 scheme, the role he played in college, a source told ESPN's Rich Cimini. He also has the ability to play inside linebacker on first and second down, becoming a nickel rusher on third down.
Barr changed his mind. Back to Vikings.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

southdakbearfan wrote:
Boris13c wrote:Jets to sign former Vikings LB Barr, source says

Barr changed his mind. Back to Vikings.

saw that just a few minutes ago ... so I guess he used the Jets interest to get the Vikings to up their offer?

Anthony Barr stiff arms the Jets, stays with the Vikings
There’s a reason that it’s smart to point out that deals negotiated during the free-agency negotiating window aren’t done until they’re done. It’s because they aren’t done until they’re done.

Linebacker Anthony Barr has decided not to sign with the Jets, after all. Instead, Barr will remain with the Vikings, according to Mike Garafolo of NFL Media.

Multiple reports emerged on Monday night that Barr would leave the Vikings and join the Jets. But the deal isn’t binding until it’s signed, and Barr hadn’t signed the deal.

Barr can sign with the Vikings at any time, since he was under contract with them last season. In all, he has been under contract with the Vikings for five seasons, and the relationship will continue.
George Carlin
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

WR Cole Beasley moving on from Cowboys, agrees to 4-year deal with Buffalo Bills
Cole Beasley is moving on from the Dallas Cowboys.

The 29-year-old slot receiver has agreed to a four-year, $29 million contract with the Buffalo Bills, a source told SportsDay's Jon Machota on Tuesday. NFL Network's Mike Garafolo first reported the deal.

Beasley, who reportedly sought $20 million in guarantees, is getting $14.4 million guaranteed from Buffalo, according to Garafolo.
George Carlin
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Good for him, get away from the Evil Jerry.
UOK
Site Admin

@uSTADIUM
#Ravens close to signing RB Mark Ingram to a deal around $8M APY per @RapSheet on NFL Network.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Latavius Murray to the Saints earlier today ended the Mark Ingram era in NO.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote:Latavius Murray to the Saints earlier today ended the Mark Ingram era in NO.

the link for those interested :

Saints to ink Murray, ending Ingram run
George Carlin
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Thanks Boris, tried to slide that one in but my supervisor has been lurking so couldn't quite the link I wanted.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

George Carlin
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

What the hell is Belichek thinking signing another Bennett. Interesting to watch and see how this works out.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Otis Day wrote:What the hell is Belichek thinking signing another Bennett. Interesting to watch and see how this works out.
Heck they were talking about his brother coming back to help at TE again.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Saints sign kicker Lutz to a five-year deal
METAIRIE, La. - The New Orleans Saints locked up kicker Wil Lutz with a new five-year contract Wednesday that his agency Perla Sports Management described in a news release as a "NFL record deal for a place kicker."

Terms were not immediately available, but a source said the total value is the highest in league history. The NFL's top kickers make north of $4 million per year.

Lutz, 24, was scheduled to be a restricted free agent this year. But there was no chance the Saints were going to let him get away after he solved a decade's worth of kicker issues. When Lutz arrived during Week 1 of the 2016 season, he became New Orleans' 11th kicker in 11 years.

Since then, Lutz has made 87 of 100 field-goal attempts, including 28-of-30 last season.

"This is the team that kind of took a shot in the dark on me from the start. And I'm obviously excited that I've been able to back up Sean (Payton)'s decision to stick his neck out for me. And obviously to stay here after the carousel that kind of came through here is exciting. And hopefully there's a few more of these to come," said Lutz, who began his career as an undrafted rookie with the Baltimore Ravens out of Georgia State in 2016 but got released since the Ravens already had Justin Tucker.
George Carlin
BR0D1E86
MVP

Boris13c wrote:Broncos reportedly poach Ja'Wuan James from the Dolphins by making him NFL's highest-paid right tackle

and that didn't last long, as the Raiders signing now makes James the second highest paid RT

lots of stupid dollars being tossed around this off season
Can I just say I love the Bobbie Massie contract so much right now...
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

After a decade of excellence with the Miami Dolphins, Cameron Wake has a new home
Cameron Wake, whose 98 sacks are the second-most ever by a player in a Dolphins uniform, will play again in 2019.

Just not for the Miami Dolphins.

Wake will sign a three-year, $23 million contract with the Titans when free agency officially begins Wednesday afternoon. The deal includes $10 million guaranteed, and will take Wake through his 40th birthday if it reaches its conclusion.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/ ... rylink=cpy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
George Carlin
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

49ers officially announce the additions of Dee Ford and Kwon Alexander
The San Francisco 49ers have officially announced the additions of edge defender Dee Ford from the Kansas City Chiefs and linebacker Kwon Alexander from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

The team will hold a press conference on Thursday at noon PT where general manager John Lynch and head coach Kyle Shanahan will introduce the newest Niners.
George Carlin
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Do-over: Seahawks to re-sign Jason Myers, after releasing him to become a Jets Pro Bowl kicker
Jason Myers is going to get a heck of a lot better chance to make this Seahawks team than the last.

In fact, the Pro Bowl selection in 2018 with the New York Jets is just about a lock to be Seattle’s new kicker for 2019, and beyond.

A league source confirmed to The News Tribune Wednesday the Seahawks are expected to sign Myers to a four-year contract.

The deal was to become official Wednesday afternoon after the official 1 p.m. start to free agency and the new league year. It is worth up to $15.5 million with $7 million guaranteed, according to the New York Daily News.

Read more here: https://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/n ... rylink=cpy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
George Carlin
wab
Mod

Looks like Justin Houston to the Steelers.
UOK
Site Admin

wab wrote:Looks like Justin Houston to the Steelers.
They're also close with Golden Tate, I guess.

edit: Nevermind, Tate goes to the Giants.
wab
Mod

I have no idea what the Giants are even doing.
BR0D1E86
MVP

wab wrote:I have no idea what the Giants are even doing.
What a coincidence, neither does their front office.
thunderspirit
Head Coach

BR0D1E86 wrote:
wab wrote:I have no idea what the Giants are even doing.
What a coincidence, neither does their front office.
:thumbsup:
:toast:
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

QB Fitzpatrick agrees to Dolphins deal
The Miami Dolphins have agreed to terms with quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick on a two-year contract, a source told ESPN's Cameron Wolfe.

A source told ESPN's Adam Schefter that the $11 million contract contains incentives that could boost the deal to between $17 million and $20 million.

Fitzpatrick could fill the open starting quarterback role that was vacated when the Dolphins traded Ryan Tannehill to the Tennessee Titans on Friday.

Prior to Fitzpatrick's addition, the Dolphins had just two quarterbacks on their roster: Jake Rudock and Luke Falk. Neither has started an NFL game, and they have combined for five career passing attempts.

Fitzpatrick has to be the weirdest starting QB currently playing ... magical one week, comically inept the next

but, he seems to do enough to keep being employed
George Carlin
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

Boris13c wrote:QB Fitzpatrick agrees to Dolphins deal
The Miami Dolphins have agreed to terms with quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick on a two-year contract, a source told ESPN's Cameron Wolfe.

A source told ESPN's Adam Schefter that the $11 million contract contains incentives that could boost the deal to between $17 million and $20 million.

Fitzpatrick could fill the open starting quarterback role that was vacated when the Dolphins traded Ryan Tannehill to the Tennessee Titans on Friday.

Prior to Fitzpatrick's addition, the Dolphins had just two quarterbacks on their roster: Jake Rudock and Luke Falk. Neither has started an NFL game, and they have combined for five career passing attempts.

Fitzpatrick has to be the weirdest starting QB currently playing ... magical one week, comically inept the next

but, he seems to do enough to keep being employed
Fitz is like an up and down poker player. When he gets a lead he plays loose and hits the big play more often than not. When he's in a tight game he gets tight with his options and watches the game slip away. Then there's the misread where he just makes the worst call at the worst time.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!