Anthony Miller: I've got two dang arms now, watch out.

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/f ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Miller doesn’t expect to practice much in the offseason until he is fully healed, saying he “can’t play around” at this level. But he says Bears coach Matt Nagy will be “getting a beast coming back” when he is ready to return.

“Chicago hasn’t seen how I can play yet,” Miller says. “Every time I tried to stiff arm, it would come out, or if I ran kind of crazy, it would come out. Really I was playing games with like one arm, making it happen. This year I’ve got two, so watch out.”
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Fuckin A Miller. Fuckin A!

That's my guy right there. Favorite player on the team.

AM17 plays all the hits all the time. He is for real and season 2 for him ends in a trip to the Pro Bowl.

7 TDs in his rookie year. He's got 10 next year.
Funkster
MVP

It Miller time! I loved watching this kid perform. Dude is the epitome of a bear. He earned 100% respect for gritting his way through last season. Can’t say the same for a certain tight end on a 32 million dollar contract with the initials TB.
“Protect this fucking house, go all out, leave that shit out on the field, let’s have some fun, makes some plays baby ” Mitch Trubisky #believethesleeve
Bad Flanders
MVP

anyone know the chances of a torn labrum being a chronic thing? Just hoping this is one of those freak things that they fix once and it stays fixed and doesn't nag him or affect his game long term... seems like it wouldn't affect anything long term, just curious if anyone knows for sure.
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

Bad Flanders wrote:anyone know the chances of a torn labrum being a chronic thing? Just hoping this is one of those freak things that they fix once and it stays fixed and doesn't nag him or affect his game long term... seems like it wouldn't affect anything long term, just curious if anyone knows for sure.
The shoulder can be complicated due to the number of smaller muscles that make up the area. Where one athlete can have a procedure and come out with no complications, another one can come out and never be the same as they once were. I personally have had a strain in my left shoulder that I've been rehabbing for 5 months and it still "grabs and clicks" if I try to use it without warming up and stretching beforehand. My PT said that my situation is common
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
Umbali
MVP

Atkins&Rebel wrote:
Bad Flanders wrote:anyone know the chances of a torn labrum being a chronic thing? Just hoping this is one of those freak things that they fix once and it stays fixed and doesn't nag him or affect his game long term... seems like it wouldn't affect anything long term, just curious if anyone knows for sure.
The shoulder can be complicated due to the number of smaller muscles that make up the area. Where one athlete can have a procedure and come out with no complications, another one can come out and never be the same as they once were. I personally have had a strain in my left shoulder that I've been rehabbing for 5 months and it still "grabs and clicks" if I try to use it without warming up and stretching beforehand. My PT said that my situation is common
I hope your shoulder fully heals so you can have a productive career as a Bears fan! :)
Fantasy Team: Peanut Punchers
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

I remember the big concern at draft time for Miller was his foot. I don't remember anything about his shoulder, so let's hope it was a freak thing because this dude is hot fire on the field.
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-spt-bears-anthony-miller-memphis-shoulder-injury-20190404-story.html

I love reading about his kid. He's just a grinder. One of those guys who won't let anybody out-practice him.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Gotta love the guy! :thumbsup:
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
docc
Head Coach

We draft a kid with initials PM..and we All Day and ALL night..AM PM..open all day..
VA_Mountain_Bear
Crafty Veteran

He is one of the players i think has the ability to become a serious stud for us. I hope that shoulder is not re-injured this season.
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

Looks like he had a similar issue with the other shoulder in college popping out. It was fixed with surgery and hasn't happened again. I can't wait to see what he can do with 2 arms.
46Blitz
Assistant Coach

Miller is a guy I have been intrigued about since they drafted him. I feel he has what it would take to be one of the all-time greats at the position for the Bears franchise. I know that's not a huge stretch because outside Jeffery and Marshall their isn't a huge list. But the guy certainly has the tools to do something.

Pretty excited to see this offense in season #2. Honestly think Trubisky needs another full year to see him check all the boxes in his development, but think we will see a huge improvement this year.
46Blitz
Assistant Coach

docc wrote:We draft a kid with initials PM..and we All Day and ALL night..AM PM..open all day..
Could have happened if we drafted a certain QB from KC.... but I'm happy with "mr Mountian Time"
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

46Blitz wrote:
docc wrote:We draft a kid with initials PM..and we All Day and ALL night..AM PM..open all day..
Could have happened if we drafted a certain QB from KC.... but I'm happy with "mr Mountian Time"
Magic time.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

I was saying last year, during the second half of the season, when Miller didn't jump to catch a ball. He couldn't raise his arm above his head, he couldn't raise it more than parallel to the ground. The guy was LITERALLY playing with one arm, and still ripped it up. Can't wait to see him this year.
G08
Hall of Famer

So much swag
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

Bad Flanders
MVP

Kid sure doesn't hedge his bets. The way he talks, he better be good! LOL

I like it, I think it does a few things for him, obviously it's motivation and that must work for him after a rookie year like that with only one arm.

Second, people always used to hate Ocho-Cinco, and he probably took it too far, but do you remember how many #2 receivers looked good next to that guy? That talk, regardless of what they say, attracts a defense's attention, they all want to be the guy to get the talker. And the more undisciplined players WILL let it affect their game, young stupid kids will be out of position because of it. And that's something we all know Nagy can and will take advantage of.

I hated the Mel Tucker hire years ago, hated it from the get go, I don't feel that right now, I don't get that same vibe, I don't think this D takes the step back some are suggesting it will. That said, even if we are wrong and the worst happens on D and they drop to top 10 or even 15, this offense is still going to be DAMN EXCITING to watch!
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Bad Flanders wrote:Kid sure doesn't hedge his bets. The way he talks, he better be good! LOL

I like it, I think it does a few things for him, obviously it's motivation and that must work for him after a rookie year like that with only one arm.

Second, people always used to hate Ocho-Cinco, and he probably took it too far, but do you remember how many #2 receivers looked good next to that guy? That talk, regardless of what they say, attracts a defense's attention, they all want to be the guy to get the talker. And the more undisciplined players WILL let it affect their game, young stupid kids will be out of position because of it. And that's something we all know Nagy can and will take advantage of.

I hated the Mel Tucker hire years ago, hated it from the get go, I don't feel that right now, I don't get that same vibe, I don't think this D takes the step back some are suggesting it will. That said, even if we are wrong and the worst happens on D and they drop to top 10 or even 15, this offense is still going to be DAMN EXCITING to watch!
I think a step back in the rankings for the defense is inevitable this season. Our schedule, on paper, appears to be much tougher. We have a new DC, no slight on Pagano, just that there's an adjustment period. What will make the difference between being a wild card team and a division winner and/or first round bye will be how well the offense evolves in year 2 of Nagy's system.
malk
Head Coach

The Marshall Plan wrote:
Bad Flanders wrote:Kid sure doesn't hedge his bets. The way he talks, he better be good! LOL

I think a step back in the rankings for the defense is inevitable this season. Our schedule, on paper, appears to be much tougher. We have a new DC, no slight on Pagano, just that there's an adjustment period. What will make the difference between being a wild card team and a division winner and/or first round bye will be how well the offense evolves in year 2 of Nagy's system.
Not taking anything away from Fangio but Tucker made poor players into a terrible defence. Pagano is inheriting a great set of players that it's inconceivable will be bad. They might take a step back but it's not inconceivable they mesh better with Pagano. If nothing else it's exciting.

Oh and TRP, Miller is also incredibly exciting for next year. Love the kid.
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
GSH
MVP

I hope he gets stronger, healthier and has a break out year. Cant have another kevin white situation.

I also have high hopes for javon wims to make an impact sooner rather than later.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

GSH wrote:I hope he gets stronger, healthier and has a break out year. Cant have another kevin white situation.

I also have high hopes for javon wims to make an impact sooner rather than later.
Wims is going to be a beast. It's just whether it will be with the Bears or not. My fear is that he gets buried in the depth chart behind Robinson, Gabriel and Miller.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
GSH wrote:I hope he gets stronger, healthier and has a break out year. Cant have another kevin white situation.

Wims is going to be a beast. It's just whether it will be with the Bears or not. My fear is that he gets buried in the depth chart behind Robinson, Gabriel and Miller.
I think what'll eventually happen is that Miller emerges as the #1 receiver. Robinson becomes a cap casualty because we have to pay Jackson, Trubisky, etc. and Wims gets into the top 3.
Bad Flanders
MVP

Plus, I don't get the vibe Nagy will leave any rock un-turned when it comes to offensive talent. If the talent is there, it will make it on the field and have a chance to show itself. Even if it's defensive players on offense! LOL