Stubhub strategy

Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs/Sox, & general discussion

Moderator: wab

Ormazd
MVP

I mentioned elsewhere I'm planning to attend the Bears-Packers opener on Sep 5. Minimum ticket price right now is close to $400 (including Stubhub fees). That isn't a show stopper, but I'm wondering if I might get a better deal if I wait until closer to game day.

Just wondering if others have used that approach successfully...

I would kinda hate to make the trip from Virginia and get shut out.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

For a Bears v Packers game, I don't think waiting is going to work. I believe the price will continue to rise, unfortunately. Bears tix are never cheap (unless they are really bad, like 2 yrs ago). Bears are supposed to be the team, against the hate rival, wouldn't surprise me if tix continue to rise. Opener, you may best advised to jump now.
Ormazd
MVP

Thanks for the advice!
G08
Hall of Famer

Ormazd wrote:I mentioned elsewhere I'm planning to attend the Bears-Packers opener on Sep 5. Minimum ticket price right now is close to $400 (including Stubhub fees). That isn't a show stopper, but I'm wondering if I might get a better deal if I wait until closer to game day.

Just wondering if others have used that approach successfully...

I would kinda hate to make the trip from Virginia and get shut out.
If I'm not mistaken you can set a "price watch" where you get alerted if/when prices drop to what you want. Problem with 'hot tickets' is that the prices aren't going to go down. You might get lucky and someone needs to get out of their obligation and find a deal, but like you said it's not guaranteed.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

Ormazd
MVP

I pulled the trigger this morning. Was looking at rateyourseats.com to see where I might get best bang for the buck.

"Another unsung and more affordable option for great views at Soldier Field are the endzone seats behind the uprights on the 200 level (sections 221-223 and 251-253). These seats come with great viewing height, and straight away sight lines to the field as well as a videoboard at the far endzone. With little to no head turning required, you can sit back and enjoy the game in comfort. Stick with the first 10 rows for a better all around experience as you'll be closer to the lower entry tunnels and have good proximity to the field."

Settled on section 223, row 6. Was expensive enough, but I'm not paying $1,000+ to sit near the 50. It's more about the experience of finally attending a game.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Last 3 gamesI have been to I have sat in that endzone. I love the endzone. The entire game is in front of you.
Ormazd
MVP

Otis Day wrote:Last 3 gamesI have been to I have sat in that endzone. I love the endzone. The entire game is in front of you.
Good to hear, my man!

:D
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

https://chicago.craigslist.org/search/t ... =all+dates" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chicago craigslist has a few ads for tickets. 300 - 320 for a few different sections
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!